Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Wow. This guy is digging his own grave deeper and deeper as he continues to speak. 

Whoa. That dude is a dead man walking.  The authority he wants to speak loudly would be the Politburo, but that went away with the Iron Curtain.

There's a fragment of a discussion at a round table on Russia's demographic problems in the Moscow City Duma.

“What price are we ready to pay for participation in a special military operation? Now we are going to take Kyiv. Should there be a demographic price or not? Why don't they tell us the numbers of dead soldiers? Who are they hiding them from? Mortality at young ages in 2022 has gone up 40-50%! That's why abortions have dropped. There is no one who can fertilize, because children are not made with a finger, and all those who make children - they end up in the steppes near Kherson. We should create some authority that would be able to speak loudly about it. And do not be afraid not to invite Vladimir Vladimirovich, he is of no use anyway," Igor Gundarov, an expert in the field of epidemiology, said.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

someone said this on this thread probably close to 2 years ago. I am paraphrasing and want to make clear I wasnt smart enough to bring it up originally.

who would have thunk that American weaponry specifically designed in the 1970s and 80s, that were tested and implemented with the specific task to destroy/maim/disable/kill Russians,

…struggled to kill terrorists but turns out to actually destroy/maim/disable and kill Russians

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

someone said this on this thread probably close to 2 years ago. I am paraphrasing and want to make clear I wasnt smart enough to bring it up originally.

who would have thunk that American weaponry specifically designed in the 1970s and 80s, that were tested and implemented with the specific task to destroy/maim/disable/kill Russians,

turns out to actually destroy/main/disable and kill Russians

I still have both of these books, and read both back in the 80s (Team Yankee is set within the scenario of the World War III novels).  I need to re-read them and see how they hold up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Yankee (written by an active-duty US Army armor officer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_World_War_(Hackett_novels)

I don’t recall the Russians having such shitty logistics and piss-poor battlefield leadership, nor do I recall the importance that golf carts would play.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I know this is a joke, but you probably know they did at one point make some of the best there ever were.

There's a TriStar that often shows up at our airport here in SE Idaho during fire season. Always a pleasure to see.

And let's not forget the iconic Connie, the O.G. of Air Force Ones. Not the prettiest bird, but very distinctive with its triple tail and dolphin-like fuselage.

1920px-Superconstellation2594.jpg

(Technically, this is a Super Constellation.)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I know this is a joke, but you probably know they did at one point make some of the best there ever were.

Hell yeah, the ol' L-1011 was what you flew when they were gonna stick you on a DC-10. I remember that scare.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

There's a TriStar that often shows up at our airport here in SE Idaho during fire season. Always a pleasure to see.

And let's not forget the iconic Connie, the O.G. of Air Force Ones. Not the prettiest bird, but very distinctive with its triple tail and dolphin-like fuselage.

You guys are like mind readers.  

My uncle flew L-1011s for Saudia back in the day.  He said the desert was littered with Tupelov's because they sucked so bad.  Take with a grain of salt, but still.../csb

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You shut your whore mouth. The Connie is one of the most beautiful birds to ever fly. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Hey Mike, fuck you.  Russia is targeting civilians, doesn't matter of what religion.  People of other faiths or none at all are also, guess what, humans.  

21 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Fair points, but he's still bucking his party's prevailing platform, so I'll take it.

^^^^ This, it's not ideal but every little bit helps.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Agreed on the above points. It's a silly justification but practically speaking, if it's an argument that helps bring more from that demographic to the good side, then that's fine by me. 

A rare event was captured on video by the 30th Mechanized Brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, showing a sniper duel between a Ukrainian and a Russian sniper in the Bakhmut direction. The Russian sniper nearly hit the Ukrainian soldier from a distance of 1240 meters, but the Ukrainian sniper emerged victorious, sending his opponent to hell on the second attempt.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

First post: they oughta shorten that timeline.  Desperate Putins will do desperate things, and right soon.  The west needs to be ready to fight a war against that coalition within the next 6-12 months.  We should be amping up arms and drone production like a motherfucker (and preparing to cripple the enemy's ability to do the same).

Second post: FINALLY, somebody fighting back against drones the Brisketexan way.  Unfortunately, their shotgun skills are ALSO the Brisketexan way (first half hour of opening day, having failed to go to the skeet range even once pre-season).  Sucks for them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Screenshot_20240723_124135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e687a3034e271ab48d145d12b6dd57b7.jpg

GTMEpKQW8AAgo1Q?format=jpg&name=large

The last ferry that could carry railroad cars, and one that carried vehicles and containers?  That seems like a big deal.  Everybody pays attention to the flashy stuff like combat ships, but these are the ones that Russia needs intact when bridges start dropping.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C9xqVPogaLg?xmt=AQGzC4RbSEIVcT3I3sFc8XobyGqpdexwSY1fqgJnXL2dlw

😬A Russian occupier noticed a Ukrainian FPV kamikaze drone approaching and decided not to wait.
🤝Excellent ammunition saving.

https://www.threads.net/@kyivindependent_official/post/C9xozEfoMFG?xmt=AQGzC4RbSEIVcT3I3sFc8XobyGqpdexwSY1fqgJnXL2dlw

️Ukraine confirms Russian ferry 'seriously damaged' in attack on Crimea
In a post on Telegram, the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces identified the ferry as the "Slavyanin."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Second post: FINALLY, somebody fighting back against drones the Brisketexan way.  Unfortunately, their shotgun skills are ALSO the Brisketexan way (first half hour of opening day, having failed to go to the skeet range even once pre-season).  Sucks for them.

Dammit!!!

1 hour too late.... was gonna even @      Brisket   but nooooo he stole my exact line

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C9xqVPogaLg?xmt=AQGzC4RbSEIVcT3I3sFc8XobyGqpdexwSY1fqgJnXL2dlw

😬A Russian occupier noticed a Ukrainian FPV kamikaze drone approaching and decided not to wait.
🤝Excellent ammunition saving.

Two things - that Russian had basically nothing on him - no body armor, helmet, etc.  Had he been flushed out of a bunker or something?

Second, he might have put the barrel under his armpit and fired, faking shooting himself - he knows he's being watched, and you can see the round hit the ground behind him, and there was no hole/blood stain on his back, and he didn't panic.

Still, in his mind, if he faked it, the fact that he came up with a scenario where he might have to take his death has got to wear on him mentally - that's how bad they are doing and how pervasive drones are.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

The explosion occurred in a parking lot on Sinyavinskaya Street. Torgashov's legs were torn off. 

I’m sure Russia specially built some really shallow trenches to allow those Warriors back on the battlefield as soon as they heal.

IMG_3051.thumb.webp.63eb46d21d32e156aeb5c5a1ef09d81f.webp

was in... Donets...Luhansk... I was all over the place, basically a lot of places, a lot of places.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Haha 7

gotta say that overall... whoever planted that bomb was actually pretty fucking concerned about collateral damage.   the land cruiser is still mostly intact, and the the 2 cars next to it, while damaged, werent totally destroyed.

thats like someone saying 350 grams of semtex is too much, lets use 280 grams instead (made up numbers), because more than X amount of plastic would send the car, and everyone around it, to the moon.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

thats like someone saying 350 grams of semtex is too much, lets use 280 grams instead (made up numbers), because more than X amount of plastic would send the car, and everyone around it, to the moon.

Or, SHIT! This is all we got left!

• Hook 'Em 1