Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

According to USA Today this deal has been in the works for a few months, and that's why Putin ordered Navalny be killed, because he didn't want to see him openly out in the West stirring up shit. So I don't think we should read any signals of changing policy or anything like that into this if USA Today is true.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2024/08/01/evan-gershkovich-paul-whelan-russia-prisoner-swap-updates/74628748007/

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

️Russian media report that the largest oil refinery in Russia is on fire.

According to local media, one of the oil refining units is on fire, and the fire area has reached 300 square meters.

The Omsk oil refinery is the largest in Russia. Its capacity is 22 million tons of oil per year, and the number of employees exceeds 3,500.

According to local media, one of the oil refining units is on fire, and the fire area has reached 300 square meters.

The Omsk oil refinery is the largest in Russia. Its capacity is 22 million tons of oil per year, and the number of employees exceeds 3,500.

Normally, I'd chastise you. But given the subject matter and the (hopefully) potential damage to Russia's economy, I think some posrep is in order.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Mark me down as hating the west trading actual bad guys who did really bad shit for innocent people who were kidnapped by Russia and held hostage.
We need to start killing Russian operatives in the west instead of arresting them only to have them be traded for hostages later.

I mean after this being the 3rd? iteration of this swap style, it pretty much all but encourages the Russians to grab Americans to be able to get back any asshole we capture in the West.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This for sure. If you are a US citizen in Russia, GTFO. Seriously. You have 30 days, or your passport is revoked, and you are 100% on your own. Russia is a terrorist, hostage-taking state. US citizens are forbidden from going there.

I agree with this, but there are always moron citizens who have family still in the home country. and everytime Parent/Grandparent/Sibling gets sick/ dies and these folks are guilt tripped into travelling back home for the funeral/hospital, they get caught up in the stupid games.

and I would argue right now, its worse than it was during the cold war.  Back then unless you were a de-facto spy, (or committed a legit major crime), they just fucking packed your ass up, beat you up a bit, and got your ass on a plane or train outta the SSR.

today they just flat out make up a crime, give you a 13+yr sentence and starve and beat your ass in prison just because they can do it.

I mean fuck, journalists keep fucking going to Russia, despite several being killed/ arrested/ disappeared.

I think the State Department first needs to make a prelim announcement that at this time, Americans cannot visit Russia or Belarus for any reason, including familial issues or medical issues. and all Americans are warned that as of Aug 1, the state department no longer has the diplomatic ability to help with any issues.

then, in 30 days or so, give the official 30 days from then, its a drop dead GTFO  or no longer have any US diplomatic protection date.

doing it my way gives 30ish days for the most capable ones to get out town before the ultimatum.   Because I guarantee the moment we issue an evacuate ultimatum will be the moment Russia locks its borders to Americans being able to leave without major red tape.  With Russia doing that for the sole purpose of keeping hostages for future prisoner swaps.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Quatre bien’ !

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

3100 km from Ukraine.  I don't know what a km is, but 3100 of them seems like alot.  Interested to see how they pulled it off.

image.thumb.png.db866711a08e3725f2b9a58d84f0a51e.png

Never attribute to malice that which may be attributable to stupidity.

Seriously though, I wonder how much of this is active Ukrainian work and how much is just Russian incompetence coupled with lack of spares, other stresses on the system.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Question on this--on what side of the Straits is the shipyard?

If it is on the Mediterranean side, are the Turks going to let it pass through the Straits into the Black Sea notwithstanding the restrictions of the Montreux Convention?  Or, alternatively, are these two corvettes just going to go out into the world on commerce-raiding missions to take Russian oil tankers as prizes?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If it is on the Mediterranean side, are the Turks going to let it pass through the Straits into the Black Sea notwithstanding the restrictions of the Montreux Convention?  Or, alternatively, are these two corvettes just going to go out into the world on commerce-raiding missions to take Russian oil tankers as prizes?

RMK Marine shipyard -- looks to be on the Med side.  Bummer.  Then again...raiding and taking out Russian tankers all over the world would be a hoot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, seriously--presumably the Turks built them with the agreement that the corvettes get to pass through the Straits once to reach their home port?  Or perhaps they're not warships until they're officially commissioned at Odessa?

Or maybe they'll just roam the seven seas as commerce raiders, which would be fucking awesome.

By the way, can the Ukrainian Rada issue letters of marque and reprisal?  Because maybe I want to be a pirate privateer when I grow up.

Did I read carefully to make sure you spelled "marque" correctly?  Yes.  Yes I did.  Well-done.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, seriously--presumably the Turks built them with the agreement that the corvettes get to pass through the Straits once to reach their home port?  Or perhaps they're not warships until they're officially commissioned at Odessa?

Or maybe they'll just roam the seven seas as commerce raiders, which would be fucking awesome.

By the way, can the Ukrainian Rada issue letters of marque and reprisal?  Because maybe I want to be a pirate privateer when I grow up.

I volunteer. I can read a map and know what grog is. Plus some cool islands we can hide in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

You'll need Marines to put down mutinies and board the target ships.  I'll volunteer for that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

So that’s badass.. but why? 
out in the Black Sea, it’s just a target for Russian USVs and the resulting propaganda .. will it live near Odessa to provide air defense? 

6 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

No mention of the freed prisoner exchange?

Whoever the fuck you are, eat shit and fuck off

*edit* ok maybe you’re a genuinely new member that just happened across this thread but most noobs that come here are previously banned shit stains. If you’re legit, great, but you should tread lightly. If you’re a re-tread shit stain, re-read my initial comment. 

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, B00M said:

out in the Black Sea, it’s just a target for Russian USVs and the resulting propaganda .. will it live near Odessa to provide air defense? 

*edit* ok maybe you’re a genuinely new member that just happened across this thread but most noobs that come here are previously banned shit stains. If you’re legit, great, but you should tread lightly. If you’re a re-tread shit stain, re-read my initial comment. 

22 minutes ago, B00M said:

Right back at ya.

• Fuck You 4

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-Jad46o-pa?xmt=AQGzm3XelauVvxInUtbLqr0-qqvZSVxVP25FWFy_kfhFFQ

🥇The Ukrainian unit "Hora Group" continues to set Olympic records.
This time, the drone dropped a grenade onto a boat with orcs during nighttime. Two occupiers are now permanently off the boat.
🦞Ukrainian crayfish in the Kherson region will be very large this season.

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-Gr-Y6I3Y6?xmt=AQGzOhbHB5coZCZnPcjHWHAC7MAfdRYB45IRirQqGZUpfw

🇺🇦🇷🇺 During street fighting in the Donetsk region, a group of Russian occupiers mistook Ukrainian soldiers for Russian troops. The Ukrainians were more alert and opened fire.
For the occupiers, it was their last fight.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

Fuck off, I'm not going anywhere.  

just a friendly warning that this thread is rarely, if ever, read or accessed by new accounts. 

so, the fact you are posting on it brings a hell of a lot of scrutinty to you.

if you are legit, chill the fuck out.  be cool and all is well.

if you arent. well.... we will know in your next 5 or 6 posts if you are real or not

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year too late

The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder

I'm an over-forty victim of fate

Arriving too late, arriving too late.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Home port is in the Black Sea, so should be no problem, but could you imagine if we have Ukrainians killing Russians in Syria, helping kill them in Africa, and then a Ukrainian ship hunting down their tankers and freighters around the world?  The Russians would be in a helluva bind, because outside of their submarines, I doubt they can send much out to deal with them, and NATO would let the Ukrainians know about any Russian ship movements.  Shit, they sent a couple of ships to Cuba and had to send a tugboat along just in case.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

just a friendly warning that this thread is rarely, if ever, read or accessed by new accounts. 

if you arent. well.... we will know in your next 5 or 6 posts if you are real or not

byu fan. probably got lost on his way to the big 12 left behinds thread.

Look'ee there's my privateer

She's small but she can sting

Licensed to take prizes

With a letter from the King

I love the streets and taverns

Of a pretty foreign town

I tip my hat to the dark-eyed ladies

As we sally up and down

To lay with pretty women

To drink Madeira wine

To hear the rollers thunder

On a shore that isn't mine

(Yeah, I'm in, and I too know a few little island boltholes from Mindelo to Port Vila where the grog flows freely. Yarrrrr, fuck Russia.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

byu fan. probably got lost on his way to the big 12 left behinds thread.

I didn't come here to stir the pot, but wow.... the palpability of the uncalled for hostility towards me and the sheer degree of the baseless hubris from some of you really is baffling.  And I'm the one that needs to chill out?

Edited by QuarterJew
  • Fuck You 3

7 hours ago, QuarterJew said:

I didn't come here to stir the pot, but wow.... the palpability of the uncalled for hostility towards me and the sheer degree of the baseless hubris from some of you really is baffling.  And I'm the one that needs to chill out?

There are regular pro Putin/Musk trolls who show up with virtually no posting history. That's why you received that greeting

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, QuarterJew said:

Yes.  We are godless savages here.  Feel free to fuck off to whatever shithole you crawled out of.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Kremlin says an FSB agent and deep-cover Russian 'sleeper' agents among those returned in swap

image.thumb.png.9a21414fce300d867dc5eacff68ddb83.png

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-an-fsb-agent-deep-cover-russian-sleeper-agents-among-those-returned-2024-08-02/

Spoiler

MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Kremlin said on Friday that Vadim Krasikov, a hitman returned by Germany in the biggest East-West prisoner swap since the Cold War, was an employee of Russia's FSB security service and had served in Alpha Group, the FSB's special forces unit.

Krasikov was convicted by a German court of killing a former Chechen militant in a Berlin park in 2019 and President Vladimir Putin hugged him after he got off a plane in Moscow on Thursday evening.

Krasikov, wearing a baseball cap and a tracksuit top, was the first of the returnees to disembark the plane and meet Putin, signalling his importance to Moscow which prides itself on returning intelligence operatives arrested abroad.

Among those Moscow also got back: a Russian family, the Dultsevs, including their two children, whom a court in Slovenia convicted of pretending to be Argentinians in order to spy on the EU and NATO member state.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Friday confirmed that the couple were "illegals" - deep-cover agents trained to impersonate foreigners, who spend years living abroad in their cover identities.

"The children of the 'illegal' intelligence agents who flew in yesterday only learnt that they were Russian after the plane took off (for Moscow) from Ankara," Peskov told reporters.

"Before that, they didn't know that they were Russian and that they had anything to do with our country. And you probably saw that when the children came down the plane's steps that they don't speak Russian and that Putin greeted them in Spanish. He said Buenos Nochas."

"The children asked their parents yesterday who it was that was meeting them (in Moscow). They didn't even know who Putin was. This is how the 'illegals' work. They make such sacrifices out of dedication to their work."

Peskov, who said that Russian government agencies were working on freeing other Russians abroad, said that the prisoner exchange, which pro-Kremlin analysts have cast as a win for Moscow, had been negotiated by the FSB and the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.

Peskov said Putin had felt it vital to meet the returnees in person at the airport off their plane.

"It was a tribute to people who serve their country and who after very difficult trials, and thanks to the hard work of many people, have been able to return to the Motherland," he said.

Putin has promised the returnees state awards and a conversation about their futures.

Asked if the prisoner swap was a sign that Russia might be ready to strike a compromise deal on Ukraine, Peskov said they were different situations and that work on a possible diplomatic solution to what Russia calls its "special military operation" in Ukraine was being conducted on "different principles."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2