Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

So I'm supposed to just rollover and take it in the ass?

This is the most impactful thread ever on Surly, and is about a real war and conflict that's raging, that has ties to sensitive US domestic political issues, and has somehow remained a high quality thread thanks to all the self-policing.

You should probably not come into the thread being a goofball like that as a new user with a low post count, especially when that's the calling card of our new user creation page frequent flier trolls

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is the most impactful thread ever on Surly, and is about a real war and conflict that's raging, that has ties to sensitive US domestic political issues, and has somehow remained a high quality thread thanks to all the self-policing.

You should probably not come into the thread being a goofball like that as a new user with a low post count, especially when that's the calling card of our new user creation page frequent flier trolls

Because I come on here mentioning the hostage exchange when there is no discussion on the topic in other obvious and clearly set apart topics on this forum and then get attacked for it for no apparent reason other then being new?

Edited by QuarterJew
  • Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

Because I come on here mentioning the hostage exchange when there is no discussion on the topic in other obvious and clearly set apart topics on this forum?

"Just asking questions..."

5 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

Because I come on here mentioning the hostage exchange when there is no discussion on the topic in other obvious and clearly set apart topics on this forum and then get attacked for it for no apparent reason other then being new?

Not sure if serious....

22 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Americans released. In turkey.

21 hours ago, KYHorn said:

26 prisoners (including 2 Russian minors) were released between 6 countries, with 10 returning to Russia, 4 returning to the US.

The Russian FSB prisoner in Germany was released, as was Vladimir Kara-Murza

https://www.reuters.com/world/lawyer-ex-us-marine-whelan-jailed-russia-says-she-cannot-confirm-his-whereabouts-2024-07-31/ 

Full list of prisoners on both sides, and pictures/descriptions: 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/01/world/who-are-detainees-russia-us-prisoner-swap-intl/index.html 

21 hours ago, RPM said:

In return, Russia will receive eight of its nationals, including three that were being held in U.S. prisons: Vadim Konoshchenok, Vladislav Klyushin and Roman Seleznyov.

Two Russians held in Slovenia, one in Poland and another in Norway are also headed home. All have known or suspected ties to Russian intelligence, according to U.S. officials.

Key among the prisoners returned to Russia, according to American officials familiar with the talks, was Vadim Krasikov, a convicted murderer who was sentenced to life in prison by a German court in 2021 for killing a Georgian asylee who had fought against Russians in Chechnya. German judges said the killing had been ordered by Russian federal authorities and called it "state terrorism."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

What are your thoughts on the Theory of Everything, and did you, in fact, prove it?  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

image.png.e70074ec2d22687036e9e3f362f7458c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Was an honest piece of advice. Guess you want to head where these dudes went.

image.jpeg.346e2b1a8d427cfeff9f3bec9d86e66d.jpeg

42 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

Well, considering how condescending it was.....

Wrong!!!

The correct answer was “ Bolivia??”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting.

MOSCOW, Aug 2 (Reuters) - A family of Russian sleeper agents flown to Moscow in the biggest East-West prisoner swap since the Cold War were so deep under cover that their children found out they were Russians only after the flight took off, the Kremlin said on Friday.
"Before that, they didn't know that they were Russian and that they had anything to do with our country," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
"And you probably saw that when the children came down the plane's steps that they don't speak Russian and that Putin greeted them in Spanish. He said 'buenas noches'."

Giving new details about the swap and those freed, Peskov confirmed that Vadim Krasikov, a hitman released by Germany, was an employee of Russia's FSB security service and had served in Alpha Group, the FSB's special forces unit.
Krasikov was convicted by a German court of killing a former Chechen militant in a Berlin park in 2019. President Vladimir Putin hugged him after he got off a plane in Moscow on Thursday evening.

But no change on Ukraine.
Asked if the prisoner swap was a sign that Russia might be ready to strike a compromise deal on Ukraine, Peskov said they were different situations and that work on a possible diplomatic solution to what Russia calls its "special military operation" in Ukraine was being conducted on "different principles".

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

image.thumb.png.d47cd99a0b2d6ea9ece68205c60ef691.png

Wouldski!!!

Those poor kids.  Their parents yanked them back to a shit hole country where they don’t speak the language, don’t own a tracksuit, and will get beat up by America hating classmates when they mention that they miss America.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Wouldski!!!

Those poor kids.  Their parents yanked them back to a shit hole country where they don’t speak the language, don’t own a tracksuit, and will get beat up by America hating classmates when they mention that they miss America.  

I think the kids were raised thinking they were Argentinian, not American, considering that putin greeted them in Spanish.

But yeah wow I can't imagine how those kids have got to be feeling right now. It's like something out of a movie

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I think the kids were raised thinking they were Argentinian, not American, considering that putin greeted them in Spanish.

But yeah wow I can't imagine how those kids have got to be feeling right now. It's like something out of a movie

But at least they got to spend quality time with their father on the flight to Russia before he was conscripted for the Ukraine front lines.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

But at least they got to spend quality time with their father on the flight to Russia before he was conscripted for the Ukraine front lines.

You don't get that Lada for nothing.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.threads.net/@krundt/post/C-LPcJyoS8I/?xmt=AQGzKCV1g31uSQaicK3FFyTBSUzG3t-PH-5wGxv1XOLfUg

I have a Facebook friend who lives in Ukraine. Like me he belongs to the Swedish speaking minority in Finland, thus he posts messages in Swedish from his current home country. I have during the last two years translated most of them into English and posted them on X. As I do not feel comfortable with Mr Elon Musk (in Swedish: Lång Mask), I consider moving all my future posts to this forum. So, let me try this once now. Here we go;

https://www.threads.net/@ghostoflviv_/post/C-L7uITyJq1/?xmt=AQGz802ZB3qsfoES-9eQtewn7n_mOtLq48rQu8kjuB68qg

Initial reports the Morozovsk airfield in the Rostov region of Russia in on fire

Cool, and worked fine. He was a damn good follow when I was on Twitter.

Yeah, fuck you Elon. I called it Twitter you Twat.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Captainant said:

That's way worse than my recurring dream of quitting my high paying corporate gig to go back to work at the car stereo store in Beaumont I worked at as a teenager. 

• Haha 1

US and Saudis pressured Russia not to give weapons to the Houthis.  They still helped train them, but just a reminder that Russians are trying to stir shit up all over the world to help them out in Ukraine.  I’m surprised they had anything worth sending to the Houthis, versus using it in Ukraine. Also a reminder that we can stand up to them.  So  it quite on the path to WWIII.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1