Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Giant game of whack-a-mole?  Advance in the opposite direction as troops approach, then have other units do the same elsewhere?

I'd have to imagine that they've sown plenty of confusion on the field, time to exploit that.  

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I'd have to imagine that they've sown plenty of confusion on the field, time to exploit that.  

9 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

That's how it strikes me.  

With as many drones as there are, I’m still amazed they are pulling this off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

With as many drones as there are, I’m still amazed they are pulling this off.

Yeah but we don't really know how many drones there are in that part of the front, nor how they're being utilized.  

It seems like the Russians either (a) don't have enough to cover or (b) weren't using them.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And there’s no way any of them are going to want to be released back to Russia - any border guards released back to Russia will be blamed and sent to the front lines…..which now appears to be behind the Russian border,

FIFY

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://www.threads.net/@mx_ukr/post/C-aZKdoJT9d?xmt=AQGzsiziOHNQOxuYrv8hh0D7lJa8PAa80oxcgN2yZY63qQ

🇺🇦 air assets are now in the area.

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-aPIUso_Z_?xmt=AQGzsiziOHNQOxuYrv8hh0D7lJa8PAa80oxcgN2yZY63qQ

🇺🇦🇷🇺 Here’s how the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ operation to capture Russia's Kursk region began.
FPV kamikaze drones attacked the checkpoint "Sudja" located on the state border.
🏳️ Following this, 50 Russian border guards voluntarily raised white flags and surrendered to the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mentioned earlier, but holy shit he really got fucked up  also telling that Ukraine is operating drones inside of Russia at scale on the battlefield.  He was probably vlogging and they saw where he was at.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/prominent-russian-tv-reporter-survives-ukraine-strike-embattled-kursk-region-2024-08-07/

Prominent Russian TV war reporter Yevgeny Poddubny survived a Ukrainian drone strike in southern Russia's Kursk region on Wednesday and was in intensive care in a local hospital, his television channel and officials said. Rossiya-24, in a post on the Telegram messaging app, said Poddubny came under fire from a Ukrainian drone while reporting in Kursk region, where Russia's military said it has been battling to contain an incursion by up to 1,000 soldiers.

those Russian grunts gotta love that a rando non-soldier is getting primo care, helicopter airlifted to an actual hospital... while 99% of them get wounded and have to care for themselves or just die on the battlefield

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

58 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mentioned earlier, but holy shit he really got fucked up  also telling that Ukraine is operating drones inside of Russia at scale on the battlefield.  He was probably vlogging and they saw where he was at.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/prominent-russian-tv-reporter-survives-ukraine-strike-embattled-kursk-region-2024-08-07/

Prominent Russian TV war reporter Yevgeny Poddubny survived a Ukrainian drone strike in southern Russia's Kursk region on Wednesday and was in intensive care in a local hospital, his television channel and officials said. Rossiya-24, in a post on the Telegram messaging app, said Poddubny came under fire from a Ukrainian drone while reporting in Kursk region, where Russia's military said it has been battling to contain an incursion by up to 1,000 soldiers.

is he . . . does he still blog?

Oh, no, no. He has health problems

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Kursk.   May it fall as quickly as its namesake submarine.  

It's difficult to tell because some of the different spellings, (Ukrainian vs Russian) but if below is correct, if I'm reading the map correctly, they are only about 10 miles from Kursk as of several hours ago.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It's difficult to tell because some of the different spellings, (Ukrainian vs Russian) but if below is correct, if I'm reading the map correctly, they are only about 10 miles from Kursk as of several hours ago.

No. Those towns are 70+ miles from Kursk. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No. Those towns are 70+ miles from Kursk. 

Lyubimovka is right near the Sumy border so absolutely correct.  Interestingly, Novio, not gonna work here anymore, pops up for me on Google maps about 10 miles south, southwest of Kursk.  

Interestingly, the ISW had Miliutino mentioned about 10 miles southwest of there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

Lyubimovka is right near the Sumy border so absolutely correct.  Interestingly, Novio, not gonna work here anymore, pops up for me on Google maps about 10 miles south, southwest of Kursk.  

Interestingly, the ISW had Miliutino mentioned about 10 miles southwest of there.  

novo-ivan-ovka is next door to lyubimovka. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Everyone has been providing some interesting theories but I still don't know the long term objectives in Kursk. What I do know is that any use of maneuverability is going to favor the Ukrainians. They have consistently shown the ability to target the tail of the enemy, taking out logistics, etc. If this is just a temporary push to force Russian troops to redeploy then that is just extra opportunities for the Ukes to use their better coordination, better tech, better intel, to pick apart the enemy reinforcements. Plus this has been proven to be a golden opportunity to nab a good number of prisoners and some headlines just over a couple of days.

Still I do have my concerns about being able to hold ground long-term. Especially if Russia can do some damage with their glide bombs from a distance. I know that may force them to target their own buildings and infrastructure but they really don't give a shit about their own citizens. I am just worried about losing too many Ukrainian men and equipment if the area does not have any good defensive features. Ultimately this is still an attritional war and the primary strategic objective has not changed: dislodging the Russians from Ukrainian territory. Will this offensive help in that regard? Still not sure but god bless these guys for taking a chance to kick Putin in the nads for all the world to see.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Everyone has been providing some interesting theories but I still don't know the long term objectives in Kursk. What I do know is that any use of maneuverability is going to favor the Ukrainians. They have consistently shown the ability to target the tail of the enemy, taking out logistics, etc. If this is just a temporary push to force Russian troops to redeploy then that is just extra opportunities for the Ukes to use their better coordination, better tech, better intel, to pick apart the enemy reinforcements. Plus this has been proven to be a golden opportunity to nab a good number of prisoners and some headlines just over a couple of days.

Still I do have my concerns about being able to hold ground long-term. Especially if Russia can do some damage with their glide bombs from a distance. I know that may force them to target their own buildings and infrastructure but they really don't give a shit about their own citizens. I am just worried about losing too many Ukrainian men and equipment if the area does not have any good defensive features. Ultimately this is still an attritional war and the primary strategic objective has not changed: dislodging the Russians from Ukrainian territory. Will this offensive help in that regard? Still not sure but god bless these guys for taking a chance to kick Putin in the nads for all the world to see.

I don't know if this is sustainable at all, but an interesting thing I did see was heavy equipment rolling in.  (i.e. equipment for digging entrenchments).  As to whether or not this was accurate to the time and location, I have no idea.  However, if that was indeed accurate, it at least gives the appearance that the Ukrainians have every intention of digging in at some point.  If anything has been proven thus far, it's that taking territory is incredible difficult, for either side in this.  To that line of thought, if you've managed to take territory, it serves you well to defend it and attempt to keep it.  

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Also, this is going on.  Lipetsk appears to be roughly 250 km north and to east of Kursk.  Seems too far for ATACMS, so it's something else. 

Yeah, that's either their drones or maybe something like Storm Shadow. Most likely the drones again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dimyh said:

I don't think Kursk is the objective, they're forcing Russia to reassign resources from other area. Those other areas might be the objective or take out resources as they're moved around. Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face. 

• Hook 'Em 3