Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

And that didn’t go so well for the Argentinians. Just because you hand somebody a rifle it doesn’t make him a soldier.

Yep, Russians are learning that. And corrupt generals tend to suck as leaders. Yep, Russia learned both of these.

At least the Argentines were able to sink a few ships before losing their involved Navy.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

And that didn’t go so well for the Argentinians. Just because you hand somebody a rifle it doesn’t make him a soldier.

Speaking of which, I reckon in Kursk we are seeing Ukraine's best-trained troops against Russia's conscripts.

Maybe the Akhmat boys will shoot a front-line TikTok, or Putin sends in a few of his Palace Guard. I doubt either of those have any combined arms experience either.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Speaking of which, I reckon in Kursk we are seeing Ukraine's best-trained troops against Russia's conscripts.

Maybe the Akhmat boys will shoot a front-line TikTok, or Putin sends in a few of his Palace Guard. I doubt either of those have any combined arms experience either.

Nah, that palace guard knows all about combined arms. Gotta cross the rifle when you salute, shit like that. And it is a pain in the ass to polish boots or brass with only one arm.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Wouldn't surprise me if whoever is in charge of the Russian counterattacks in Kursk has been told that their non-falling-out-of-window future depends on getting numbers to the front, period. Forget recon, security, plans, coordination, communication, reserves, any of that. Or even if they wanted to do any of that, their troops aren't trained to do it.

• Hook 'Em 5

We're still quite unclear on the mission objective.  Clearly, surprise was achieved, whatever the motive.

Is this trying to Trump-proof end-of-conflict negotiations by grabbing as much territory as possible?  (We'll give you Kursk back, you give us back Donbas and Crimea?)
Is this fixing and eliminating more Russian war-making capability?

One thing Ukraine has been doing consistently is making sure the Russian population knows they're at war.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Wouldn't surprise me if whoever is in charge of the Russian counterattacks in Kursk has been told that their non-falling-out-of-window future depends on getting numbers to the front, period. Forget recon, security, plans, coordination, communication, reserves, any of that. Or even if they wanted to do any of that, their troops aren't trained to do it.

All of this, likely coupled with a "we're at home, not a war zone" mentality.  Like they're taking a school field trip to the country.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

All of this, likely coupled with a "we're at home, not a war zone" mentality.  Like they're taking a school field trip to the country.  

Before the war, I bet lots of Ukrainians had driven through adjacent parts of Russia, or maybe even lived there.

PS: that destroyed column was described as "infantry", but they and the drivers could have been "any specialty including clerks n jerks that were told to get in the trucks." May have just been sitting ducks whether they made it to the front or not.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, Russians are learning that. And corrupt generals tend to suck as leaders. Yep, Russia learned both of these.

At least the Argentines were able to sink a few ships before losing their involved Navy.

My friend’s Chinook (he was the crew chief) and several others went down with the Atlantic Conveyor in that fight.
He was reassigned to the general motorpool on shore.

10 hours ago, Podrick's Magic Cock said:

I can't believe I grew up fearing these morons.   They seem to suck at war.

Of course, the Soviet army included the Ukrainians, as well as the Baltic States. I’m starting to wonder if the majority of the badasses in the Soviet Union came from the non Russian parts

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grande Mart said:

Of course, the Soviet army included the Ukrainians, as well as the Baltic States. I’m starting to wonder if the majority of the badasses in the Soviet Union came from the non Russian parts

Ya think?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Grande Mart said:

When it comes to engineers, I've know plenty of Ukrainian ones.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/C-dnTgVt3Mu?xmt=AQGzsiziOHNQOxuYrv8hh0D7lJa8PAa80oxcgN2yZY63qQ

Ukrainian forces successfully shot down nine Russian reconnaissance drones using FPV drones from the 38th Marine Brigade.

^Aim is getting better

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/C-dolJdOlii?xmt=AQGzsiziOHNQOxuYrv8hh0D7lJa8PAa80oxcgN2yZY63qQ

There is already a new candidate for the governorship of the Kursk oblast.

Really impressive, especially the first one. Feels like a needle hitting a needle 

• Hook 'Em 1

Continuous Frequency shifting has been a thing for years but it’s way easier said than done. Thank god Ukraine got it widespread first. Maybe this bridges the gap to AI/ML jamming-resistant drones?

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-dLT1Bojd8?xmt=AQGzsiziOHNQOxuYrv8hh0D7lJa8PAa80oxcgN2yZY63qQ

️Another groups of Russian prisoners of war in Kursk Oblast.

🫡President 

4:"Next, our UAVs come and take over local air supremacy. What's special about these UAVs is that they have a new system that allows them to continuously change frequency. It has always been a cat and mouse game between the drones and the jammers. Now it seems we are ahead of the russian jammers and it is now used to the maximum in the Kursk area. Once local air supremacy is achieved our aircraft and FVP attack the enemy defense line. +

5:"Then finally our rangers clears the trenches of what is left. Then the whole front line is moved forward and everything starts from the beginning.
In one of my updates a couple of months ago I called for a major attack by ours to throw the russians off balance. This has now been achieved and we will see consequences on the other fronts as well. +

6:"During the day new updates will surely come, but the info blockade is very tight. Deepstatemap today only reports what happened on August 8th so we have three days delay.
If the russians do not stop us within a couple of days, we will probably stay for a longer time. The information I have received indicates that we have functioning maintenance lines and we are advancing along the main roads. The flanks must be widened around our spearheads but our military leadership probably knows that. +

7:"Looking at the tactics and the rapid advance, it is clear that this operation has been planned and practiced for some time. It is remarkable that no one noticed anything and that we had the competence to plan, practice and then attack. The follow-up question is of course this: have we had NATO or French instructors with us in the picture?" END

Quote fail...delete previous msg. Just trying to share article corroborating Miller's info.

Forbes article discusses some of the drone tech advantage on the Kursk front. That allowed them to get the drop on the Ruskies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2024/08/09/ukraines-kursk-offensive-blitzed-russia-with-electronic-warfare-and-drones/

• Hook 'Em 1

So just out of curiosity I looked up the Kursk Nuclear Power Plant's production and distribution.  It's responsible for power production for at least 19 regions and Oblasts to some varying degree.  It's capacity is 3,000 MWs.  I highly doubt that Russia has a smart grid of any real sort, and certainly not to deal with this sort of scenario, but just a thought, capturing this station as an objective makes more sense to me, because essentially speaking, they'd cripple Kursk, and Belgorod.  They'd have a real hard time operating trains, ect.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

So just out of curiosity I looked up the Kursk Nuclear Power Plant's production and distribution.  It's responsible for power production for at least 19 regions and Oblasts to some varying degree.  It's capacity is 3,000 MWs.  I highly doubt that Russia has a smart grid of any real sort, and certainly not to deal with this sort of scenario, but just a thought, capturing this station as an objective makes more sense to me, because essentially speaking, they'd cripple Kursk, and Belgorod.  They'd have a real hard time operating trains, ect.  

I wonder if there are lines to send that power back to Ukraine.
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I would imagine their Air Force would really struggle.  Our Air Force deploys overseas a lot, has a ton of gear to deal with being off of a conventional power grid, etc.  and it might even affect their air traffic control and overall ability to monitor the airspace.  It could easily impact their ability to refuel trains and vehicles, etc. because I’d bet they wouldn’t waste money on such a scenario as invasion. Imagine the civilian population of over a million people finding themselves without power - that would put an additional strain on the Russian government.  Those people would fill up the roads out of the oblast.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Imagine the civilian population of over a million people finding themselves without power - that would put an additional strain on the Russian government.  Those people would fill up the roads out of the oblast.

So the Houston hurricane phenomena.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dimyh said:

Forbes article discusses some of the drone tech advantage on the Kursk front. That allowed them to get the drop on the Ruskies.

I’ve seen some comments from people wondering if this week is all just a coincidence after we got some Westerns prisoners/hostages exchanged with Russia, and I’m wondering myself.  We had to be feeding them so,e good info.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-c2CsdoiQO/?xmt=AQGzQLa1Jrl2Bep-JJrmCRp97F2_clrTMvAuzOAD-5IsdA

️The Ukrainian FPV drone has struck a Russian Mi-8 helicopter in Kursk Oblast.

🫡An excellent trend.

I also want to remind you about our fundraiser for the next FPV kamikaze drone for the Ukrainian unit "Muramasa". We have already raised $190 of the $480 goal.
Join us
buymeacoffee.com/nickmelnick

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

So the Houston hurricane phenomena.

Be careful. Soon this thread will turn into 4 Russian posters bitching about Gazprom for 18 pages until imma forces them to take their conversation to the thread he just started about Wendy's new frosty flavor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6