Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-gVHpHgMB9/?xmt=AQGzsYm3cNuD5MvI19mfOb1_Ot4LqanQNwAhZVIkJKfBFQ

️Another group of Russians has been captured in the Kursk region.

This time, about 30 people have been added to the prisoner exchange pool.

https://www.threads.net/@mx_ukr/post/C-f7o5-y_h8/?xmt=AQGz7zrv3PrCeLBwqa8bXruhpg5rb8VdMiLdVUl93VNHmw

troops removing flags somewhere
Guessing it’s in Kursk

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I presume Russian POW's returned to Russia as part of prisoner exchanges are summarily executed?

No, they get a respite of sorts, however long it takes to get to Avdiivka and into a frontal assault.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

I remember watching that live.   What a doofus. 

Yeah, when Geraldo mapped out the upcoming movements of the 101st during the Iraqi invasion on-the-air live.....still blows my mind.  Like literally mapped it out in the dirt.  

He did have to spend the rest of the invasion reporting from Kuwait.  I'm assuming these Russians who are putting these videos on the air will be sent to join the meat waves.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.threads.net/@meanwhile_in_ua/post/C-f0AaFKPZz/?xmt=AQGzGRyRFez9iYrykMqy48QLvr7EK6EJvbjZjAraDoRbpQ

"Have you been to Ukraine? No. You will now."

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-g1ZfbIBXS/?xmt=AQGzqy6Z40RjJ6Ooez8CW3mBFdpzXdO2bkTZGZcn6OXmlQ

Here is what the training range for FPV pilots of the 3rd Assault Brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces looks like.

It's a very cool initiative and a well-equipped range. Hypothetically, every Ukrainian FPV drone pilot who receives good training represents dozens, if not hundreds, of destroyed orcs.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

The prisoner swap I really want to see in the near future is the Kursk Nuclear power plant for Zaporizhzhia. 

I'm sure the Russians would take that in a heartbeat, they'd continue to surround the now cold Zaporizhzhia plant that is damaged, for a hot Kursk plant that they are dependent upon.  So yeah, this ain't in the cards.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The head of the Belovsky district of the Kursk region, Nikolai Volobuev, said the situation in the municipality is tense. According to him, the incomprehensible situation with the entry of Ukrainian sabotage groups caused panic. He urged everyone to evacuate the area.

As we can see, the Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to carry out successful not only military but also psychological operations on the territory of the aggressor.

More and more footage, entirely from Russian drones, is proving that Ukrainian troops are visually confirmed quite deep in Russian territory. The largest extent I could find so far is east of the village of Sheptukhovka, almost 25 km from the Ukrainian border. I think that the Russian claims of AFU being up to 35 km inside Russia are relatively correct.

The Ukrainian thrust into Russian territory is so substantial that the Ukrainian artillery has to be deployed inside Russia in order to stay in firing range of the front line. The situation in this sector shows what Russians were likely trying to achieve in Kharkiv region. They wanted to have tubed artillery in range of Kharkiv City, but then ended up being bogged down in Vovchansk.

What would you do if you saw this coming towards you? 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

I believe Conscripts are not allowed to be stationed outside the country.  Of course Putin illegally claimed to “annex” the parts of Ukraine they invaded in 2014 and 2022, so that allows conscripts to be in Ukraine territory that Russia controls.   

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

To be extra clear, that map gif has been going around- it's very aspirational

Of that I have no doubt, from one side and definitely a level of propaganda.  However, there are a couple of striking things about it.

1.  It looks almost identical to the breakout from 2 years ago, in terms of staging and maneuver.  

2.  The Ukrainians are better equipped this go around and appear to have gotten better at it, while the Russians appear to have an abysmally slow response, and have gotten worse at defending it.  Additionally, unlike the eastern breakout of 2 years ago, where the Russians had significant reserves behind their lines, in this case, in this area, their reserves are minimal.  

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The Ukrainians are better equipped this go around and appear to have gotten better at it, while the Russians appear to have an abysmally slow response, and have gotten worse at defending it.  Additionally, unlike the eastern breakout of 2 years ago, where the Russians had significant reserves behind their lines, in this case, in this area, their reserves are minimal. 

Lots of things could be going on

• They are only using conscripts, because all available trained/experienced manpower is in Ukraine.
  • They are hurting for manpower a lot more than expected
  • Tying into the above, they are not mobilizing as many people for some reason or more people have been injured or killed in Ukraine than we know about
  • Their logistics situation is far worse than expected, and the few times they’ve put together convoys it’s ended poorly. 
  • Their aircraft situation is far worse than we realized.  If they have 100 aircraft of a certain type on paper, maybe they only have like 25 flying, which is why they rely on glide bombs and cruise missiles that keep their aircraft out of range of Ukrainian forces.  They supposedly have fighters based at the Kursk airport, but we don’t see them.  Were they going to wait until Ukraine was on the outskirts of Kursk and within range of Ukrainian MANPADS?
  • While Ukrainian forces are in Russia, Russia continues to launch cruise missiles into civilian areas of Ukraine.  That’s pretty stunning - either they are avoiding the optics of launching cruise missiles against their own territory ( I would think Ukrainian forces running around inside of Russia is  worse) or their missiles are shit for accuracy and can’t be relied upon.

edit: I wonder if Ukraine has mobilized more people than they let on, and clearly these are some of their best troops, which were probably NATO-trained.

Also Russian social media influencers are pushing the narrative that NATO planned this invasion and that NATO is apart of it, preparing the Russian populace for some kind of defeat or long drawn-out fiasco.

I think Prigozhin could have made it to Moscow, and that was a year ago it feels like.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

The head of the Belovsky district of the Kursk region, Nikolai Volobuev, said the situation in the municipality is tense. According to him, the incomprehensible situation with the entry of Ukrainian sabotage groups caused panic. He urged everyone to evacuate the area.

As we can see, the Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to carry out successful not only military but also psychological operations on the territory of the aggressor.

More and more footage, entirely from Russian drones, is proving that Ukrainian troops are visually confirmed quite deep in Russian territory. The largest extent I could find so far is east of the village of Sheptukhovka, almost 25 km from the Ukrainian border. I think that the Russian claims of AFU being up to 35 km inside Russia are relatively correct.

The Ukrainian thrust into Russian territory is so substantial that the Ukrainian artillery has to be deployed inside Russia in order to stay in firing range of the front line. The situation in this sector shows what Russians were likely trying to achieve in Kharkiv region. They wanted to have tubed artillery in range of Kharkiv City, but then ended up being bogged down in Vovchansk.

What would you do if you saw this coming towards you? 

Pretty interesting.

1- How soon do the UA start putting explosive charges on these? The USSR did it with real dogs in WW2.

2- How soon until a branch of the SPCA complains and says these are real dogs, thus should not be used in combat?

3- When does Elon start making them so all the CT bro's can have one in the back seat?

I would get one. A dog, not a CT.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So at this point, the Ukrainians should just get on the highway and head for Moscow, right?  Because the Russians have had a week to do something, and everything they’ve done has been incompetent and inefficient.

At this point, all Ukraine needs to do is spray paint a Z on 2 or 3 Bradleys and drive them to the Kremlin and the war will be over.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

On 8/10/2024 at 1:02 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Where the hell is Russian close air support?  How are they not flinging every aircraft they have at this? How are they not flying hundred or troops in by helicopter and dropping them off ahead of advancing Ukrainians?

It’s almost as if the Ukrainians have some form of air superiority….

Narrator in the voice of Morgan Freeman:

"And that's when the F-16 fighter jets arrived. Putin didn't know what hit him."

Edited by MissingInAction
I'm stiljd
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

@tx 3 putt get your shit together.

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

Wtf, is that the Scarborough Faire at the end?

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Can you not be another version of @PRONG HORN? You don't need to post every thing you see you the site for formerly known as Twitter. 

With the exception of DaggerHorns, did you all not watch until the end when the Polish hussars, complete with lances, flooded the battlefield?  You too @Sawbonz

Although come to think of it, a ton of dudes on horseback with Javelins could fuck up Russian units pretty bad.  

Edit: I just chuckled at my own dad joke. At least I think it’s one.  I need to see if my oldest catches the Javelin being a throwing weapon or missile thing.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

With the exception of DaggerHorns, did you all not watch until the end when the Polish hussars, complete with lances, flooded the battlefield?

Although come to think of it, a ton of dudes on horseback with Javelins could fuck up Russian units pretty bad.  

Of course I saw that. But I don't think he was posting that as an attempt at humor. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Of course I saw that. But I don't think he was posting that as an attempt at humor. 

I would think the guys on horseback with old school weapons and bright uniforms made it funny.

These were what the Poles looked like in WWII (they weren’t straight up attacking German tanks)

Polish+Cavalry+Reenactors+4.jpg