Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Based on this, I'm pretty sure you are correct

Korenevo is north and west of the western village of Lyubimivka.  What is confusing is that there also appears to be an eastern village, very close to Kursk proper with the same name (this might be a difference in Ukrainian spellings and Russian).  

There are a lot of these little towns with the same name. 

The 2 different Lyubimovka's are shown directionally from the Kurskaya Nuclear Power Plant, one ~ 12 miles south, which is where I think is Ukraine, and the other about 23 miles north.

My color code; the orange labels are where Ukraine is/has been (maybe just attacked, not necessarily troops on the ground) and the red labels are where contract between UK-RU has been reported.

The green area is the 700' elevation plateau, the highest ground other than the area southeast of the Sudzha-Kurst Road (R200).

The light blue lines are railroads.

The light blue area is my guestimate of what territory Ukraine "holds", ~ 800 Sq Km. Along the road towards Lgov, it may just be a few recon vehicles and troops driving down the road looking at the farms along the way.

Keep in mind, on White Tail opening weekend, one could argue that the "Texas Militia has taken over the state", given the large numbers of armed and camo'd green men with provisions for an extended stay.

image.thumb.png.95eb0bfa9521e3a2debfa6d5dad6f13d.png

What is Ukraine doing here?

Generally, Ukraine wants to push Russia's glide bombing attacks further rom the border. Not sure if this area fits that description.

A hell of a bargaining chip when it comes time to sort all this out..

This area is only ~ 200 miles east of Kyiv, and 300 miles SE of Moscow. (Austin between Dallas and the Valley), a big cork between Russia & Ukraine, with a Nuke, the a big fucking Ga$ line. Between this area and Balarus-Ukraine border to the west, there is hardly any infrastruture. Towards the east, their is rail between Kurst and Belgorod. The terrain itself looks more like the Columbus-La Grange without any significant geographical features, towns in small river valleys surrounded by farm land. 

Talk about a giant cock roaches with tanks and armor and F-16's. Other than carpet bombing the area, not sure how Russia can get them out.

Tanks pulling up at a Denny's for breakfast? I love it!!!

Edited by PTINS
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@lorion70/post/C-nfwO3PSi1?xmt=AQGzxlKeaPlORX9SUadHJ0O8pZiYj_QYA2bcfpFFQTjncQ

Ukraine 🇺🇦 Now controls 74 villages/towns in #KURSK oblast

https://www.threads.net/@mx_ukr/post/C-ngF6uvLx3?xmt=AQGzxlKeaPlORX9SUadHJ0O8pZiYj_QYA2bcfpFFQTjncQ

🇷🇺 refuseniks are reportedly beign put on a plane and forcibly mobilized to fught in Kursk
Bit of advice, just surrender.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

FYI, it is the same Russian spelling for both towns. It's easier to search for these towns in Cyrillic because there is quite a bit of variation in the transliterated spelling (even within Google).  Technically, Ukraine has towns with the same name as well, although the Ukrainian alphabet is slightly different so there is a minor variation in spelling. A literal translation might be something like Town of Love ("lyubim" means "we love", "ovka" is used here to denote a town or place name). But since this is Russia, I'd just call it Love Shack.  

Probably has a glory hole or two.  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Cuba, India, Mali, DCR, other sub-saharan nations, Norks....a long list of foreign folks who have accidentally been forced into the Russian army by thinking they were going there for a job interview.  

{Albeit the Norks and Malians didn't have much of a choice} 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

The first inclination is idea that the Ukrainians are trading eastern positions to put this pressure on Russia in north.  A thought did occur to me, what if they are also attempting to lure Russian forces out of entrenched positions in the East?  Just a thought anyway.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The first inclination is idea that the Ukrainians are trading eastern positions to put this pressure on Russia in north.  A thought did occur to me, what if they are also attempting to lure Russian forces out of entrenched positions in the East?  Just a thought anyway.  

That is an effective strategy.  Trade small gains in ground for attrition, and inability for gaining force to effectively secure positions.

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If those are anything like the Boston dynamics machines, those are really a crazy augment for a battlefield. It can run supplies or advance scout a route, and doesn't really give a shit about frag blast as long as the structure survives. The brushless motors are super durable and they're reinforced to hell, I'd bet those things make great ammo gophers

Wait until they are cheap enough to strap bombs to.  Need to clear a trench or foxhole?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

Wait until they are cheap enough to strap bombs to.  Need to clear a trench or foxhole?  

There's small scale open source versions that are fully 3D printable for the structure 

https://www.instructables.com/3D-Printed-Robot-Dog/

I'd imagine those incredibly technically proficient folks in Ukraine could do quite a lot of they wanted to

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If those are anything like the Boston dynamics machines, those are really a crazy augment for a battlefield. It can run supplies or advance scout a route, and doesn't really give a shit about frag blast as long as the structure survives. The brushless motors are super durable and they're reinforced to hell, I'd bet those things make great ammo gophers

So a Surly collective to deliver beer at tailgates?

Yeah, I can see them as ammo bearers. Each platoon with 2-3 of them would be good. Shit, carry all the comms gear, extra specialized weapons (AT Rounds or even more drones).

• Hook 'Em 3

So the Lithuanians are now claiming that Russia is pulling troops from Kaliningrad to reinforce Kursk.  It's still highly unlikely, as that region is filled with hardcore Russians, but it would be freaking hilarious and great if a civil uprising begins there.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

17 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So the Lithuanians are now claiming that Russia is pulling troops from Kaliningrad to reinforce Kursk.  It's still highly unlikely, as that region is filled with hardcore Russians, but it would be freaking hilarious and great if a civil uprising begins there.  

Lithuania and Poland have both blocked all military access to that enclave.  which works the other way as well, not allowing military to leave.  

The only way they could be transferred is via an airplane route that requires them to fly out over the Baltic, follow an international air boundry route until they get to Russian airspace over St Pete.   Or they have to take a boat from the harbor and sort of mirror the same water route as the planes do.

seems like it would take them more than 7 days to organize a military transfer to a boat that can handle that many troops, and of course their equipment and then sail to St Pete, offload and then make a run towards Kursk.  

These are Russians after all, they dont take a dump without a plan... and the logistics say their planning sucks ass and is slow as fuck and would take 2+ weeks to be put into real world action,

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Lithuania and Poland have both blocked all military access to that enclave.  which works the other way as well, not allowing military to leave.  

The only way they could be transferred is via an airplane route that requires them to fly out over the Baltic, follow an international air boundry route until they get to Russian airspace over St Pete.   Or they have to take a boat from the harbor and sort of mirror the same water route as the planes do.

seems like it would take them more than 7 days to organize a military transfer to a boat that can handle that many troops, and of course their equipment and then sail to St Pete, offload and then make a run towards Kursk.  

These are Russians after all, they dont take a dump without a plan... and the logistics say their planning sucks ass and is slow as fuck and would take 2+ weeks to be put into real world action,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the trains running, and while they couldn't put equipment on them, they would be allowed to transport units thru those.  

22 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the trains running, and while they couldn't put equipment on them, they would be allowed to transport units thru those.  

Train full of units... 

YARN | Hang on. Wait, wait, wait. I-I actually have something for this! |  Archer (2009) - S05E11 Animation | Video gifs by quotes | 06033ad4 | 紗

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

They’re between $4-$8k a piece. Sounds pretty damn cheap to me considering they can probably carry a lot of explosive material. I like to picture it walking into a building with a stack of anti-tank mines on its back, reaching around to grab one, setting it on the ground, and then stepping on the pressure trigger.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

They’re between $4-$8k a piece. Sounds pretty damn cheap to me considering they can probably carry a lot of explosive material. I like to picture it walking into a building with a stack of anti-tank mines on its back, reaching around to grab one, setting it on the ground, and then stepping on the pressure trigger.

Now we are going to need anti-explosive sending robot dogs.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

I think Ukraine is preparing for a possible new us policy after the election. Russia isn’t keeping Ukraine territory if Ukraine now holds Russian territory. if it doesn’t come to that, Ukraine has a pile of poker chips now 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Walser said:

I think it is safe to say at this point that the average Russkie does in fact take a dump without a plan.

Fred Thompson says you are full of shit sir

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If there's one thing that this war has taught us, it's that Russians take a dump without a toilet

and you too sir

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3