Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

17 hours ago, BamaATL said:

The first inclination is idea that the Ukrainians are trading eastern positions to put this pressure on Russia in north.  A thought did occur to me, what if they are also attempting to lure Russian forces out of entrenched positions in the East?  Just a thought anyway.  

Not to mention letting them get farther from their railheads inside Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Lithuania and Poland have both blocked all military access to that enclave.  which works the other way as well, not allowing military to leave.  

The only way they could be transferred is via an airplane route that requires them to fly out over the Baltic, follow an international air boundry route until they get to Russian airspace over St Pete.   Or they have to take a boat from the harbor and sort of mirror the same water route as the planes do.

seems like it would take them more than 7 days to organize a military transfer to a boat that can handle that many troops, and of course their equipment and then sail to St Pete, offload and then make a run towards Kursk.  

These are Russians after all, they dont take a dump without a plan... and the logistics say their planning sucks ass and is slow as fuck and would take 2+ weeks to be put into real world action,

I know they say it in the movies and all but recent history would lead one to say...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYmdvO187AdDAI5Mc2nfv

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Lithuania and Poland have both blocked all military access to that enclave.  which works the other way as well, not allowing military to leave.  

The only way they could be transferred is via an airplane route that requires them to fly out over the Baltic, follow an international air boundry route until they get to Russian airspace over St Pete.   Or they have to take a boat from the harbor and sort of mirror the same water route as the planes do.

seems like it would take them more than 7 days to organize a military transfer to a boat that can handle that many troops, and of course their equipment and then sail to St Pete, offload and then make a run towards Kursk.  

These are Russians after all, they dont take a dump without a plan... and the logistics say their planning sucks ass and is slow as fuck and would take 2+ weeks to be put into real world action,

This isn't a recent development.  They have been pulling troops out of Kaliningrad and taking them to fight in Ukraine for a while.  

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I don't understand the comment about the relevancy of paratroopers in modern combat. 

It feels to me similarly to when people are saying tanks are obsolete. 

You can't just send paratroopers into a position without the proper kind of support and follow up, just like you can't send a large group of tanks into an area by themselves and think it's going to go well. But the comment has no context, so I don't know exactly what he means by it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So what is the end game here? Hope Ukraine won't shoot them?

I don't know, you have to figure the Chechens will shoot them if they retreat.  It's probably going to be a shit show.  At least some of these guys are totally against this for the right reasons, and the reality is they are still going to die.  That sucks, the world isn't always a fair place.  I certainly feel bad for them.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Not great Bob

I hope these guys find their way to surrendering real quick.  

Stalingrad 2

So what is the end game here? Hope Ukraine won't shoot them?

Hope Ukrainian machine guns run out of bullets before Russia runs out of refuseniks.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Stalingrad 2

Hope Ukrainian machine guns run out of bullets before Russia runs out of refuseniks.

That benefits Putin. Kills them off, can blame Ukraine, who runs out of bullets and is then attacked. WW2 tactics 101.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, statsman said:

“Euros” is a euphemism for…?

I assume he means € the E.U. currency which means he can then rake in a Eastern European women or men depending on his taste.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I don't know, you have to figure the Chechens will shoot them if they retreat.  It's probably going to be a shit show.  At least some of these guys are totally against this for the right reasons, and the reality is they are still going to die.  That sucks, the world isn't always a fair place.  I certainly feel bad for them.  

He was an interior decorator? His place looked like shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

That benefits Putin. Kills them off, can blame Ukraine, who runs out of bullets and is then attacked. WW2 tactics 101.

On the other hand, russia is not the recipients of a shitload of American bullets beans and bandages like they were back in WW2. Plus, putin doesn't have near the power that stalin did in their respective eras of control. I don't think they'd produce the same result, especially when they're not in a war of annihilation like was happening against the nazis

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Where do thsie POW's go?  To something monitored by the Red Cross or similar?  Can we presume they're being fed and housed well?  I hope.  And word needs to get back to Russia how good it is to surrender.

They are headed back into Ukraine where they’ll be housed and fed and eventually used in a POW exchange.

Pretty stunning to capture such large numbers inside of Russia when their grandfathers and great-grandfathers died in such large numbers in the same area in WWII.

Almost like these Russians don’t believe in the war or Putin or something.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

If I was a Russian who surrendered inside Russia, I would very fervently pray that I would not be exchanged.  I would imagine that the best possible outcome would be to be sent back into one of the meat waves, where there is at least a slim chance of survival.  More likely a bullet to the G-2 unit right after the happy homecoming pictures are taken.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

They are headed back into Ukraine where they’ll be housed and fed and eventually used in a POW exchange.
Pretty stunning to capture such large numbers inside of Russia when their grandfathers and great-grandfathers died in such large numbers in the same area in WWII.
Almost like these Russians don’t believe in the war or Putin or something.

Russians surrendered in droves at the outset of Barbarossa in 1941.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Damn. 12 years for a $50 donation.

YEKATERINBURG, Russia, Aug 15 (Reuters) - A Russian court sentenced a dual Russian-American citizen, Ksenia Karelina, to 12 years in prison on Thursday after finding her guilty of treason for donating money to a charity supporting Ukraine.
The Los Angeles resident, a spa worker, pleaded guilty at her closed trial in the Urals city of Yekaterinburg, where her case was heard by the same court and judge that convicted Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich of espionage in July.

The court said investigators found that on Feb. 24, 2022 - the first day of Russia's invasion of Ukraine - Karelina had "transferred funds in the interests of a Ukrainian organisation, which were subsequently used for the purchase of tactical medicine items, equipment, means of defeat and ammunition by the Armed Forces of Ukraine".
Her supporters say she had donated $51.80 to Razom for Ukraine, a New York-based charity that provides humanitarian aid to children and elderly people in Ukraine. The charity has denied it provides any military support to Kyiv.

I am sure she will be safe. And would.
image-3b71214edb.webp.51d0caab216a8e039456371b6b50ca20.webp

• Rage+1 6
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The Russian Ministry of Defense announced that it had "restored control" over the village of Krupets in the Kursk Oblast.
At the same time, Russian journalists are spinning stories about active fighting in the city of Lhov.

. Lhov lies on the same route that runs from the border to Kurchatov, where the nuclear power plant is located.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Might help explain his reassignment 

Ukraine's top general disobeyed Zelenskyy and blew up the Nord Stream pipeline without permission, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-general-defied-zelenskyy-to-blow-up-nord-stream-attack-wsj-2024-8

The WSJ story that this is based on is paywalled, but as far as I can tell from other reporting of it, that WSJ story is based on anonymous 'sources'.

Lots of other sites, like Business Insider are picking it up and running with it as a factual story.  Some sites at least are tapping the brakes a little bit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13745985/Senior-Ukrainian-military-officers-came-idea-blowing-Nord-Stream-pipeline-night-heavy-boozing-ignored-Zelenskys-pleas-not-ahead-carried-plot-technically-qualifies-attack-NATO-bombshell-report-claims.html

Meanwhile, Dr Huseyn Aliyev, an expert in conflict and security in Russia, Ukraine and the former Soviet Union at the University of Glasgow's Central and Eastern European Studies, cautioned that the claims raised in the WSJ investigation were 'based on anecdotal evidence' and described them as 'difficult to believe'. 

'It is difficult to believe that, if Ukraine indeed planned this operation at the highest level, no communication took place with the German side. 

'I also find it difficult to believe that operation of that scale and magnitude was allegedly handled by the Ukrainian Army Chief Gen Zaluzhny, rather than the Military Intelligence (GUR) or Security Services (SBU), which to this date were in charge of all sabotage activities against Russia,' he said, though noted that a former SBU agent was reportedly involved in planning the attack. 

Edited by 0xdeadbeef
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, ABSR said:

This isn't a recent development.  They have been pulling troops out of Kaliningrad and taking them to fight in Ukraine for a while.  

How many troops would it take to seize Kalingrad? Poland should let like 4k Ukranians roll into Kalingrad and let them fucking take it. Putin would lose his shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Where do thsie POW's go?  To something monitored by the Red Cross or similar?  Can we presume they're being fed and housed well?  I hope.  And word needs to get back to Russia how good it is to surrender.

I've read in the past that there are multiple places in western Ukraine used for POW camps, and I've seen footage of the camps.  The POWs are well fed, taken care of medically, and clean.  Andersonville, it ain't.  They are shown footage of Russian behavior and crimes committed.  Lastly they are given the opportunity to more or less defect and be removed from the exchange pool.  

• Hook 'Em 8

42 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

“Spa worker”?

Well, she ply's her wears and gives money to others in need of help, I'd say that make her a pretty decent person, hand jobs for money or not.  Plus I wonder if anyone has a business card of hers?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

The WSJ story that this is based on is paywalled, but as far as I can tell from other reporting of it, that WSJ story is based on anonymous 'sources'.

Lots of other sites, like Business Insider are picking it up and running with it as a factual story.  Some sites at least are tapping the brakes a little bit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13745985/Senior-Ukrainian-military-officers-came-idea-blowing-Nord-Stream-pipeline-night-heavy-boozing-ignored-Zelenskys-pleas-not-ahead-carried-plot-technically-qualifies-attack-NATO-bombshell-report-claims.html

Yeah, I'm very skeptical of that story. Frankly, it almost has too many details, which you often see when someone is trying to make a lie believable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, I'm very skeptical of that story. Frankly, it almost has too many details, which you often see when someone is trying to make a lie believable. 

I found the story pretty believable. But I read the WSJ version of the story, and not the Business Insider version. I don't know yet what the differences are.