Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

^story: 

A Russian who surrendered to the an AFU "Ranger" scout team in the #Kursk area (#KuPR) is given some blue tape and and anti-drone drone gun. It is better that he is cooperating than trying to bring a resistive POW back from some remote area of the front.

So I will publicly admit it. There are some smart and reasonable Russians who truly understand what is going on. Unfortunately, they appear to be far and few between.

FYI: A Russian DRG team would have shot a Ukrainian POW in the same circumstances.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, RPM said:

I've seen reports of raping preteen boys and girls in front of their mothers, after they forced the kids to watch her being raped then executing them. This is pure fucking evil.

Yeah I couldn't even post that one, I just had to move along.

Looks like that section being cutoff by Ukraine is going to get pushed: 

Russian regime TG channels report that the Russian border checkpoint of Tetkino has been wiped out by HIMARS missiles. They are not disclosing the extent of the damage or casualties.

Overall, it is obvious that Ukrainian forces are softening up the Russian lines in the Glushkovo district south of the Seym river, making this area increasingly difficult to be held by the Russian army.

The battles in the Korenevo sector are ongoing.

It needs to be added that Russians frequently call HIMARS the culprit, when one of their bases gets eliminated. (Tubed-)artillery strikes or glide bombs can also be responsible, and that case are even more likely than GLMRS from HIMARS.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RPM said:

I've seen reports of raping preteen boys and girls in front of their mothers, after they forced the kids to watch her being raped then executing them. This is pure fucking evil.

Is it just me or does that guy look inbred?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Is it just me or does that guy look inbred?

Russia so could be. Or could be Fetal alcohol syndrome. Or both.

Spoiler

Symptoms

The severity of fetal alcohol syndrome symptoms varies. Some children have far greater problems than others do. Symptoms of fetal alcohol syndrome may include any mix of issues with how the body develops; thinking, learning and behavior; and functioning and coping in daily life.

Physical development issues

How the body develops may include:

• Facial features that are typical of fetal alcohol syndrome. These may include small eyes, a very thin upper lip, a flat nose bridge, and a smooth skin surface between the nose and upper lip.
  • Slow physical growth before and after birth.
  • Delayed development, including taking longer to reach milestones, such as sitting, talking and walking.
  • Vision or hearing problems.
  • Smaller than average head and brain size.
  • Changes with how the heart, kidneys and bones develop.
  • Poor coordination or balance.
  • Being jittery or hyperactive.

Learning and thinking issues

Learning and thinking may include:

• Intellectual disability and learning disorders, including trouble with memory, learning new things, focusing and thinking.
  • Not understanding the results of choices made.
  • Poor judgment skills, such as having a hard time thinking through issues, problem-solving, reasoning and making decisions that affect everyday life.
  • Short attention span that affects staying with a task and finishing.
  • Poor concept of time, that impacts following schedules, knowing what time to leave in order to arrive on time and understanding how long a task will take.
  • Trouble with organizing and planning or working toward a goal, including trouble understanding and following directions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It was my impression that transnistria wants to be Russian. If so, why not let them?  Or is that propaganda that I’ve fallen for?

Small enclave, small population. Russian due to migration in the past. Russia has always "claimed it" (have no idea the historical justification) and keeps troops there. 1,500 give or take a deserter. So reading up on it. Russian officers, local troops. So Donbas pre-invasion of Ukraine. Romania should just say fuck it, we want those weapons stored there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_Group_of_Russian_Forces#cite_note-:0-5

A question I have wondered is how do they rotate/supply these troops? Are these crack troops? if so, can they afford to keep them there? And why not used vs. Ukraine to open up even the threat of a West Front?

Or is it like being in the Foreign Legion? Get sent to the Sahara, it is a life assignment.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It was my impression that transnistria wants to be Russian. If so, why not let them?  Or is that propaganda that I’ve fallen for?

Well, it's sovereign Moldovan territory partially occupied by a small Russian force and other Russian speakers, and Moldova would very much like to join the EU and NATO, so their presence is a bit of a problem for achieving either of those goals. Would you rather Moldova renounce its claim and Transnistria remain a little Russian mafia state, acting as a divider between Ukraine and Moldova where nefarious Russian shit could always be a threat? So long as it's there, Putin or one of his replacements would always have some excuse to fuck shit up in that area, which was the USSR's plan to begin with when they relocated Russians to that that strip of land.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Small enclave, small population. Russian due to migration in the past. Russia has always "claimed it" (have no idea the historical justification) and keeps troops there. 1,500 give or take a deserter. So reading up on it. Russian officers, local troops. So Donbas pre-invasion of Ukraine. Romania should just say fuck it, we want those weapons stored there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_Group_of_Russian_Forces#cite_note-:0-5

A question I have wondered is how do they rotate/supply these troops? Are these crack troops? if so, can they afford to keep them there? And why not used vs. Ukraine to open up even the threat of a West Front?

Or is it like being in the Foreign Legion? Get sent to the Sahara, it is a life assignment.

If I recall, Russia tried to use it as a threat earlier on in the war as a way of diverting Ukraine's troops and resources but I haven't heard much from there since the first year or so

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

If I recall, Russia tried to use it as a threat earlier on in the war as a way of diverting Ukraine's troops and resources but I haven't heard much from there since first year or so

if Russia can’t get gas to its convoys heading to Kiev, it sure as shit can’t resupply troops on the other side of Ukraine.   Ukraine and Moldavia would wreck their shit anytime they felt like it.  I think Ukraine does not want to be seen as attacking any country that has not attacked it first, for PR and military support reasons. 

But I have to say, since we will eventually be repatriating all of those Russians in Crimea back home, there’s no reason not to also repatriate Russians in Moldavia.  Actually, whoever succeeds Putin would welcome the additional fertile bodies, demographics wise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The wiki article said the Russians had 20,000 to 30,000 troops there.   Given the needs of the meat grinder, I wonder how many troops are stationed there now. 

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

The wiki article said the Russians had 20,000 to 30,000 troops there.   Given the needs of the meat grinder, I wonder how many troops are stationed there now. 

I saw 1500 now. Guarding an old arms depot. Russia cannot move it due to some treaty, nor can anyone go in and demobilize it due to some treaty. Can we send the Corps (aggy, not USMC) and tell them they can open a campus there?

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.threads.net/@nafo_wrangler/post/C-07y0BKg35/?xmt=AQGzpYI5fHSLWDPKKur0g0POe1hRr1p9923Q7Q_d_mj8QQ

Euromaidan Press

The Ukrainian army is in control of the Gazprom’s gas measurement station in Sudzha, Kursk Oblast

https://www.threads.net/@meanwhile_in_ua/post/C-0f1v5O8tS/?xmt=AQGz_P8KBWUCTzZhZFuANVgF0UFihLE4OyLY1lEfUDwmgg

In Ukraine, two Serbian militants who worked for russia have been denazified and demilitarized, i.e. eliminated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

The #Russians claimed yesterday that they hit and and destroyed a #Ukrainian M270 MLRS in #Sumy oblast. Today it turned out that it was a #Czech-made decoy from Inflatech.
The torso of the decoy is made of synthetic silk, they radiate heat exactly in the places where they have a "motor", so they deceive even thermal cameras. It also contains metal fibers, so the decoys show the same radar image as the original. In addition, they are resistant to damage. Even a 20cm hole will not compromise their final shape and the model will not crack.

I thought I saw a rocket cook off on impact, but I could be thinking of a different incident. Great if true!
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

The host is trying to stay on board with the propaganda, but his guests all keep saying what the government tells the people is not true and that they should prepare for a worst case scenario.   They remind everyone it has been 900 days since the special military operation happened -and there seems to be no way to keep the Ukrainians out of Russia. 

Looks like Putin has to find a really large window this time.

They generally act as though they have an audience of one and Margarita reports directly to him.

Definitely need to keep an eye out.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

CBS has a segments about a doctor and the minefields tonight.  Basically they drop these airborne mines that drop down and are designed to take out limbs mostly.  All dumped throughout neighborhoods, backyards, roofs, gardens, etc.  

Seems they were RE versions of ones we created and used in Asia.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Rage+1 5

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

CBS has a segments about a doctor and the minefields tonight.  Basically they drop these airborne mines that drop down and are designed to take out limbs mostly.  All dumped throughout neighborhoods, backyards, roofs, gardens, etc.  

Seems they were RE versions of ones we created and used in Asia.  

Those fuckers are all over the place and a major part of Soviet doctrine. Used extensively in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and by the Serbs around Sarajevo and exit corridors of other cities. Major problem with them is there is no way to tell where they land.

Yep, US used them. But not sure we created them.

• Hook 'Em 2

Another interesting aspect to all this is that NATO estimates the Kursk invasion group consists of 6k of front line troops, and 4k of logistics people.  Grabbing such a large swath of land with so little is incredibly well done.  

There were rumors floating around that the Ukrainians had managed to hold back almost 3k  of some combination of heavy wheeled vehicles, tracked vehicles, etc.  Assuming that NATO numbers to be correct, even if the dipped into that pool of 3k, I doubt it's much, maybe 1k.  That would in theory leave the other 2k for any potential other moves.  

Beyond an incursion into Belogrod, I just don't see anything that immediately stands out.  The Ukrainains may well save the reserves for later, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get another surprise in the next week or so.  There is still about a month or so before the mud.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

so with all the positives of the attack into Kursk, the downside is that the Russians have gone all-fucking-in on the Donbass attacks.   I think in many cases its gains of 2-4km over the 2 weeks

Those vloggers are showing that over the last 2 weeks, Russian troops have slowly but continuously gained ground in the areas, and that multiple Ukr towns are now within 8 km of the Russian lines, which means they are being shelled repeatedly.

Its kind of showing that while the other attack vector is going well, its not accomplishing the main objective which was to get Russia to pull out of that attack and redirect forces into Russia itself to defend against the Kursk incursion.

and I know we originally postulated that this was Ukr tactic to allow Russia to overextend themselves and then be heavily counter-attacked before they can install all the defensive lines and minefields, that honestly doesnt look like whats happening.  its WW1-ish thinking using more mobile troop transports. 

as cool as the Ukr offensive is, and maybe the long term bargaining chip to allow the trade back of land taken by Russia,  them losing their Southeastern "border" towns to Russia is going to end up hurting almost as much.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so with all the positives of the attack into Kursk, the downside is that the Russians have gone all-fucking-in on the Donbass attacks.   I think in many cases its gains of 2-4km over the 2 weeks

Those vloggers are showing that over the last 2 weeks, Russian troops have slowly but continuously gained ground in the areas, and that multiple Ukr towns are now within 8 km of the Russian lines, which means they are being shelled repeatedly.

Its kind of showing that while the other attack vector is going well, its not accomplishing the main objective which was to get Russia to pull out of that attack and redirect forces into Russia itself to defend against the Kursk incursion.

and I know we originally postulated that this was Ukr tactic to allow Russia to overextend themselves and then be heavily counter-attacked before they can install all the defensive lines and minefields, that honestly doesnt look like whats happening.  its WW1-ish thinking using more mobile troop transports. 

as cool as the Ukr offensive is, and maybe the long term bargaining chip to allow the trade back of land taken by Russia,  them losing their Southeastern "border" towns to Russia is going to end up hurting almost as much.

Counter point, there is no Ukrainian political will lost by ceding a few miles of bombed out area in the Donbas they are likely to have to cede in a diplomatic resolution.  However, Russia losing half an Oblast could certainly effect the political will within Russia.  

In my opinion, the scales don't balance.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 8:07 AM, BamaATL said:

It's starting to strongly look like Russia will retreat from everything south of the Seym in Kursk, this includes the Nuclear Plant.  It occurred to me that if the Ukrainians take the plant, and turn it off, Belogorad will be largely without power.  The would obviously affect a lot things, but the big one we may have missed was the ability to get fuel to the Russian units in Kharkiv.  Basically, without the trains working effectively, no diesel gets to the front, or what little does isn't enough.  If they can do this prior to winter, the Russian army in that area will be stuck, and not just starve from lack of food, but also lack of fuel.  

I feel like even if Ukriane made it to the plant, they'd never shut it off becuase they'd be shunned by the world community for that move. Isn't that a war crime?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I feel like even if Ukriane made it to the plant, they'd never shut it off becuase they'd be shunned by the world community for that move. Isn't that a war crime?

I don't know the answer to that, perhaps someone with international law does.  What I do know, is that while Russia has specifically targeted, in the case of the Zaporizhaia NPP take, and effected energy, I haven't heard anyone call that a war crime.  Then again, Russia has committed so many war crimes, it's hard to keep track of all of it.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I don't know the answer to that, perhaps someone with international law does.  What I do know, is that while Russia has specifically targeted, in the case of the Zaporizhaia NPP take, and effected energy, I haven't heard anyone call that a war crime.  Then again, Russia has committed so many war crimes, it's hard to keep track of all of it.  

Yeah, but we also know that Ukraine has to adhere to standards which Russia doesn't.

27 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

The main objective was to bring the war to Russia and apply political pressure to Putin. Bleeding out Russia to end the war is going to take an eternity. Making this war extremely unpopular in Russia has the possibility (albeit slim) of suddenly ending the war. 

Territory to trade away, POWs to trade away, forcing Russia to reduce its concentration of troops in Ukraine and actually defend the north, maybe reduce pressure on Pokrovsk… these were all secondary objectives. 

Putin has to make unpopular decisions with those conscripts he didn’t want to have on the front lines or do another unpopular round of mobilization. Now all Russians know they’ll never get rotated off the front line if they’re mobilized. It’s a death/dismemberment sentence. The media clip above @Gatorubet posted is encouraging. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Another interesting aspect to all this is that NATO estimates the Kursk invasion group consists of 6k of front line troops, and 4k of logistics people.  Grabbing such a large swath of land with so little is incredibly well done.  

There were rumors floating around that the Ukrainians had managed to hold back almost 3k  of some combination of heavy wheeled vehicles, tracked vehicles, etc.  Assuming that NATO numbers to be correct, even if the dipped into that pool of 3k, I doubt it's much, maybe 1k.  That would in theory leave the other 2k for any potential other moves.  

Beyond an incursion into Belogrod, I just don't see anything that immediately stands out.  The Ukrainains may well save the reserves for later, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get another surprise in the next week or so.  There is still about a month or so before the mud.  

That the AFU has been so effective with an incursion of basically two brigade size shows just how disjointed and incompetent Russia’s military truly is.  From the split command/control, to railroad-based logistics.  

You have to wonder just how badly their nuclear stocks have been pilfered for components.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, The Dog said:

I've been talking daily with Ukrainian soldiers who are currently in the Kursk region, and they all share the same story. They're shocked by the extreme poverty they're seeing. Many homes don’t even have running water, and the government buildings are in terrible condition. It’s clear that this region is incredibly poor, a reality far removed from the image russia tries to project. This is just another reminder of the vast differences between our nations.

Maybe the Ukrainians should start a GoFundMe account to purchase toilets for those poor Russians.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3