Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Did Putin suffer 'cardiac arrest' over the weekend?

https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/115997/Vladimir-Putin-heart-attack-Kremlin-Russia?int_source=nba

Vladimir Putin is alleged to have suffered a "cardiac arrest" in his private Moscow apartment on Sunday evening.

A Telegram Channel believed to be run by a former Kremlin insider reported that incident saying the Russian leader was found by guards on the floor of the bedroom "lying on the floor, rolling his eyes."

Doctors were reportedly called immediately and they later diagnosed the 71-year-old as having suffered a "cardiac arrest."

Putin was then moved to a special medical facility built in the apartment where he underwent intensive care, the source claims.

The unverified report comes following persistent speculation surrounding Putin's health amid rumours of a long-hidden medical condition.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

18 minutes ago, juan pantages said:

Article is from October 23

Well, fuck me. Kind of weird that's on the front page of Drudge today.

EDIT: maybe I clicked the link on the Daily Mail site after following a current link from Drudge. Sorry, it's Monday.

Edited by C-Man

18 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

This is absolutely fascinating. I highly recommend you watch it.

The host is trying to stay on board with the propaganda, but his guests all keep saying what the government tells the people is not true and that they should prepare for a worst case scenario.   They remind everyone it has been 900 days since the special military operation happened -and there seems to be no way to keep the Ukrainians out of Russia. 

Looks like Putin has to find a really large window this time.

Shock  and awe?

"... a military strategy based on the use of overwhelming power and spectacular displays of force to paralyze the enemy's perception of the battlefield and destroy their will to fight?"

So even Margarita's friends (the boobs on the TV, not the fun bags) suggest that Russia evacuate all the people from Kurst and let Ukraine borrow it. Openly talking about preparing the Russian populace for what's gonna end up happening?  Calling attention to the 3 day SMO now at 900+ days.

The rot from the inside is always the worst. 

12 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Another interesting aspect to all this is that NATO estimates the Kursk invasion group consists of 6k of front line troops, and 4k of logistics people.  Grabbing such a large swath of land with so little is incredibly well done.  

There were rumors floating around that the Ukrainians had managed to hold back almost 3k  of some combination of heavy wheeled vehicles, tracked vehicles, etc.  Assuming that NATO numbers to be correct, even if the dipped into that pool of 3k, I doubt it's much, maybe 1k.  That would in theory leave the other 2k for any potential other moves.  

Beyond an incursion into Belogrod, I just don't see anything that immediately stands out.  The Ukrainains may well save the reserves for later, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get another surprise in the next week or so.  There is still about a month or so before the mud.  

Beyond an incursion into Belogrod ... I thinks that's the whole enchilada.  I'll post separately with some details, but I think the Belrogod area is it.

It's interesting reading about the Russian bunkers in the border areas, like underground cities. I liked the part that said Ukraine had the plans on a lot of these areas and that Moscow probably doesn't.  Fortified underground command and control on Russian soil is intriguing.

The Kurst Oblast has 1.1 million people in 11,000- square miles, or ~ 100 people per square mile.  Basically, an area the size of the Texas Hill Country with a population density less than half of Llano County.

Not really the kind of place you would bomb to get rid of people,

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so with all the positives of the attack into Kursk, the downside is that the Russians have gone all-fucking-in on the Donbass attacks.   I think in many cases its gains of 2-4km over the 2 weeks

Those vloggers are showing that over the last 2 weeks, Russian troops have slowly but continuously gained ground in the areas, and that multiple Ukr towns are now within 8 km of the Russian lines, which means they are being shelled repeatedly.

Its kind of showing that while the other attack vector is going well, its not accomplishing the main objective which was to get Russia to pull out of that attack and redirect forces into Russia itself to defend against the Kursk incursion.

and I know we originally postulated that this was Ukr tactic to allow Russia to overextend themselves and then be heavily counter-attacked before they can install all the defensive lines and minefields, that honestly doesnt look like whats happening.  its WW1-ish thinking using more mobile troop transports. 

as cool as the Ukr offensive is, and maybe the long term bargaining chip to allow the trade back of land taken by Russia,  them losing their Southeastern "border" towns to Russia is going to end up hurting almost as much.

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Counter point, there is no Ukrainian political will lost by ceding a few miles of bombed out area in the Donbas they are likely to have to cede in a diplomatic resolution.  However, Russia losing half an Oblast could certainly effect the political will within Russia.  

In my opinion, the scales don't balance. 

The Donbas advance has been unwelcome news, but I agree they are very different things, tilted in Ukraine's favor.

Donbas would be a good place to christen the F-16's. 

• Hook 'Em 4

https://www.threads.net/@meanwhile_in_ua/post/C-29HBXs4WD?xmt=AQGz-Zx9uziX9b3nUNA43xJTdLBg22MbFUUnE4epx-MjFg

Ukrainian defenders thank the russians who hastily abandoned their combat positions and ammunition depots near Kursk! 💙💛
Bad Boys, Bad Boys!..

https://www.threads.net/@mx_ukr/post/C-3DGzHSQC2?xmt=AQGz-Zx9uziX9b3nUNA43xJTdLBg22MbFUUnE4epx-MjFg

Captured enemy patches tell a story
That 🐷 we moving units form Vovchansk and other places to Kursk.
The offensive is now relieving pressure form the east.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, was thinking how does Putin get these people back into the fold other than fear?

I think we've all seen enough of them over these past years to know that they're entirely a beaten down people. They won't be hard to bend the knee again, they go whichever way the wind is blowing at that moment.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, MillerEP said:

I think we've all seen enough of them over these past years to know that they're entirely a beaten down people. They won't be hard to bend the knee again, they go whichever way the wind is blowing at that moment.

Not so sure about that. It is also a nation of shit loads of regional rebellions. Peasants vs. Czar, Kulaks vs. Bolshviks, nationalities vs. central government. It only takes something like Stalinist atrocities, for over 40 years, and the fear of it to keep that down. Start leveling these villages and doubt the people come back into the Putin fold that quickly.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Beyond an incursion into Belogrod, I just don't see anything that immediately stands out.  The Ukrainains may well save the reserves for later, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get another surprise in the next week or so.  There is still about a month or so before the mud.

Perhaps Transnistria, though I think Belgorod is preferable. Hopefully the Moldovans and Romanians will take care of Transnistria soon.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

If the Russian government starts destroying its own villages and towns, will those people really want to stay though, with the Ukrainians aren't committing atrocities against them (while the Russian military has done some horrible shit to their own people in the border regions).

Either way, it won't be a good look that the Ukrainians have taken so much territory and Russia is willing to kill its own people.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is it a grenade or is it a water bottle is probably not the most fun party game, but likely the most intense. 

Yeah that dude for sure saw his life flash before his eyes.  But man, imagine the relief and elation when he realized he was still alive, and it was a tasty beverage instead of a grenade.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so with all the positives of the attack into Kursk, the downside is that the Russians have gone all-fucking-in on the Donbass attacks.   I think in many cases its gains of 2-4km over the 2 weeks

As mentioned, the Ukrainians are used to losing territory - the Russians, not so much, and the fact that Russian state TV (whose head reports to Putin) is kind of panicking, is worth the tradeoff in territory. I'm still not sure why Russian state TV is acting the way they are - Margarita reports directly to Putin. They usually act as though they have an audience of one.

I take it as a sign that Russia has nothing left in the gas tank - there should be hundreds, thousands pouring into the Kursk region by air and truck every day, but Ukraine is still doing Ukraine things. That could mean that if Russia pulls back in the Donbass, they would have nothing left there, and the Ukrainians could drive a wedge right into that area.

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

and I know we originally postulated that this was Ukr tactic to allow Russia to overextend themselves and then be heavily counter-attacked before they can install all the defensive lines and minefields, that honestly doesnt look like whats happening.  its WW1-ish thinking using more mobile troop transports. 

as cool as the Ukr offensive is, and maybe the long term bargaining chip to allow the trade back of land taken by Russia,  them losing their Southeastern "border" towns to Russia is going to end up hurting almost as much.

Ukraine could be moving into areas where they could completely drive out the Russians (or capture/kill them) who are threatening Kharkiv, and then that would allow them to start to sweep north or south inside of Russia.

What's important is that Ukraine appears to have been holding back, and still has reserves.  Russia has nothing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What's important is that Ukraine appears to have been holding back, and still has reserves.  Russia has nothing.

AFU kept some of their powder dry.  Russia shot their wad....  

All that said, Putin-less Russia will be like every other power overthrow there, according to Dr. Mark Galiotti.  There will be a decade or two of introspection, then off and running on another imperialist rampage through their neighbors.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

AFU kept some of their powder dry.  Russia shot their wad....  

All that said, Putin-less Russia will be like every other power overthrow there, according to Dr. Mark Galiotti.  There will be a decade or two of introspection, then off and running on another imperialist rampage through their neighbors.

Does not take a decade or two. It usually happens pretty quick to prove so and so is a tough guy. Poles, Finns and Ukraine after the Red Revolution, up to Putin into Grozny the first time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Yeah that dude for sure saw his life flash before his eyes.  But man, imagine the relief and elation when he realized he was still alive, and it was a tasty beverage instead of a grenade.

Hope they don’t have some of each on a drone so there can’t be a “shit I meant to press triangle” moment. 

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Dear Vladimir Vladimirovich, this is how to play 4D chess: 1. It is assumed that there is no need for trenches and minefields behind a wide, dammed river. 2. The dam is blown up and a hot summer causes the water level to fall to an all-time low. 3. You have to withdraw your reserves because the enemy "unexpectedly" moves into your own country. 4. "Suddenly" the enemy is also moving troops along the dried-up river... Russian milbloggers are panicking again!

Ive mentioned this before, but the real trick is to split the gap between the Keherson defenses and Melitpol. Strike south to Rykove (where the highways V's into on the east side of northern Crimean map) and stop. Then face eastward to keep Melitpol occupied as a blocking force and tallow Russia to pull back theoir troops from the Kherson river region to Armiansk. If you bottle them up your, then salient is stuck between a trapped force  on the east and Melitpol, with no defenses in place. If you let them withdraw, worst case for Russin troops is for them to reinforce Armiansk (which is already reinforced to the point that it is untakeable without prolonged shelling or some creative ways to jump that small isthmus to bottle them up) and they halt y our advance. Best case they then have to take the long way around to reinforce other fronts... But if you can get them to withdraw behind Armiansk and then blow the Kerch bridge, they are in effect trapped with much lower casualties. If you believe that you can hit the bridge whenever you want, you do it after they begin a southward withdrawal.

Funny enough, even if they dont attack you have to be leery to pull troops to reinforce Kurst now from there...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-3hQNsAqyg?xmt=AQGzvtvxiBL352ztt1kfK17MIkdNZZdLQ585CR8rEtbkAw

️By the way, the third and final bridge (Karyzh) in the Glushkovsky district of the Kursk region has also been destroyed.
The Russians even managed to build a pontoon crossing to partially compensate for the loss of the three bridges over the Seym River but it too was destroyed by the Ukrainian Armed Forces (second video / yellow circle)
🤔I think we may see another ground operation in the near future.

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-3z1WEIh7S?xmt=AQGztRZHkX_yJsGPr9C7kCaMaCVXLbtbsY-x79PXSVRYsw

🔥The fire at the oil depot in the Rostov region continues. The fire services aren't even trying to extinguish it anymore.
According to rough estimates, the depot holds fuel worth around 200 million dollars. Each of the 72 tanks holds 5,000 tons of fuel.
Evacuation of local residents has begun.
🍀It seems the Ukrainian drone was very fortunate that the tanks were overfilled.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That's one hell of an indictment of our people and their inability to keep their mouths shut, or worse even being compromised.  Not great Bob.  

well its also a way to use our inability to shut up against Russia next time... fucking tell us exactly where you are going to attack in May.....

and fucking attack in either of the other directions instead. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PTINS said:

The oil facility in Proletarsk, supposedly hit by Ukrainian drone attack.  The diesel fire sent 41 firefighters to the hospital. One article mentioned secondary explosions.

This "oil" facility doesn't look like anything in Russia, or the US for that matter.

image.thumb.png.69aee59e448026f72ffa66b1a075877e.png

The facility is new, built in the last 10 years.

It is clean and well organized, square layout w/ uniformity, tanks appear to be on poured concrete pads, very unusual, maybe they don't have caliche.  Why do they have so many smallish tanks, (70 @ ~ 70' diameter) for diesel? Why not a few larger tanks?

Diesel burns, but it doesn't explode like gasoline or natural gas. 

It's not close to a refinery; the facility is remote, 1 mile from everything, with a dedicated, dead end rail spur.

No truck loading facility, to access to water, no vehicles and no parking lot.

There is a double fence around the perimeter, with guard towers at the corners. Lots of tall antenna's, weird light poles?

Definitely military.

image.thumb.png.3341b8a654675b19692e9dcc1a773bb9.png

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That's one hell of an indictment of our people and their inability to keep their mouths shut, or worse even being compromised.  Not great Bob.  

So you have not been to Washington lately? Everyone wants to tell someone what they know. Just sit in the right bars or hotel lobbies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

I've seen many reports expressing this sentiment

A highly placed Zelensky admin source to me: “Keeping the Americans in the dark was also key to keeping the Russian intelligence services and army from being able to prepare. “We have learned some very hard lessons from the events of the previous counteroffensive,” a highly placed member of Zelenskyy’s team informed Tablet. “Last summer we told everyone what we were going to do and we all know how that turned out. Everyone knew what we were going to do and in which location we intended to strike. There is definitely something to be learned from the Israeli example of acting first and only later explaining what you are doing.” My latest: tabletmag.com/sections/news/…

No CR. The decree is legit. 

BREAKING: PUTIN JUST DROPPED A BOMBSHELL DECREE—INVITING PEOPLE FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE WHO ARE FED UP WITH THE GLOBALIST, NEOLIBERAL NIGHTMARE TO SEEK SANCTUARY IN TRADITIONAL RUSSIA! 

This new decree blows the lid off the establishment's agenda, letting freedom-loving folks bypass the usual bureaucratic nonsense like language tests or history exams. If you're ready to reject the insane policies of your home countries that push these destructive, anti-human, neoliberal agendas, Russia is rolling out the red carpet!

The Russian government is about to compile a list of countries poisoning minds with these twisted ideals, and the Foreign Ministry is gearing up to issue visas to true patriots as soon as September! It's time to stand up for spiritual and moral values! 

Source: Tass

Totally won't get sent straight to the front. Pinky promise. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Nobody knew that the only way to keep a secret is not to tell everyfknbody???

22 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So you have not been to Washington lately? Everyone wants to tell someone what they know. Just sit in the right bars or hotel lobbies.

Politicians are gonna politic, that part I get.  This however, is something more damning, at least to me.  This indicates that our intel people are either incompetent or are compromised, or worse both.   After that, who can blame the Ukrainians for keeping us at arms length on planning?  

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Politicians are gonna politic, that part I get.  This however, is something more damning, at least to me.  This indicates that our intel people are either incompetent or are compromised, or worse both.   After that, who can blame the Ukrainians for keeping us at arms length on planning?  

you are thinking nefarious.....

what you are forgetting is the US fucking blocking the attack on Gerasimov because reasons.    the US intel team could just as easily have been told from the top to tell the Russians that info to try and keep the peace.

we are absolutely horrible allies unless we need to start killing MFers

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1