Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you are thinking nefarious.....

what you are forgetting is the US fucking blocking the attack on Gerasimov because reasons.    the US intel team could just as easily have been told from the top to tell the Russians that info to try and keep the peace.

we are absolutely horrible allies unless we need to start killing MFers

I actually get asking for them not to kill Gerasimov, he seems quite shitty.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is that bad? It seems bad. 

By Russian standards, probably not, after all the Soviets had somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 million in ww2 (military only, perhaps 20 million more civilian), so this is going just great!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

and the food bill keeps going down.

along with the bureau of prisons budget, the motorpool, the navy, the air force.....

Gotta give it to Putin, he's really solved that age old pesky deferred maintenance issue.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I actually get asking for them not to kill Gerasimov, he seems quite shitty.  

As a gator, I would’ve been sad if somebody had ordered a hit on Mark Richt.  Or Bobby Bowden in his later years.   When a program is floundering, you do not want them to change the person in charge.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So you have not been to Washington lately? Everyone wants to tell someone what they know. Just sit in the right bars or hotel lobbies.

Yep...the bars in Foggy Bottom are ripe with information at happy hour.  Grab an Old Fashioned and sit and listen to what people are talking about.  I could open up a hedge fund shop based on overheard conversations between lackeys in Washington.   

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep...the bars in Foggy Bottom are ripe with information at happy hour.  Grab an Old Fashioned and sit and listen to what people are talking about.  I could open up a hedge fund shop based on overheard conversations between lackeys in Washington.   

Foggy Bottom? Nah, gotta hit Adam's Morgan, bars in Crystal City or Rosslyn or up on the hill for the good stuff. Foggy Bottom is where desk jockeys from State and professors from GW and Georgetown go to impress coeds and failed lobbyist.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Foggy Bottom? Nah, gotta hit Adam's Morgan, bars in Crystal City or Rosslyn or up on the hill for the good stuff. Foggy Bottom is where desk jockeys from State and professors from GW and Georgetown go to impress coeds and failed lobbyist.

True... But failed lobbyists and impressionable coeds do as much talking as anyone, and they hear shit from their friends that run the circles in Adam's Morgan and Crystal City....and don't give a shit enough to keep it down.  

22 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

True... But failed lobbyists and impressionable coeds do as much talking as anyone, and they hear shit from their friends that run the circles in Adam's Morgan and Crystal City....and don't give a shit enough to keep it down.  

Meh, they don't know shit. Once you leave the DC loop you are out of the DC loop, until you can BS your way back in.

https://www.threads.net/@mx_ukr/post/C-5T6QOp-PV?xmt=AQGz3GLDibzi-MBL6oA5AawgvVpIXB5WKvxRQ2caYIwWkQ

🇷🇺 just doesn’t have it in them to multi task 😂

^Wonder why? :D

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C-5SQwMozI3?xmt=AQGz3GLDibzi-MBL6oA5AawgvVpIXB5WKvxRQ2caYIwWkQ

🇺🇦🇷🇺 After the destruction of all the bridges in the Glushkovsky district of the Kursk region, Russian forces are trying to set up pontoon crossings to prevent the Ukrainians from quickly capturing territory comparable in size to Singapore.
🐝However, the Russians did not account for the fact that this area is within the reach of Ukrainian FPV drones, which have already managed to destroy several dozen pieces of Russian engineering equipment.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

As a gator, I would’ve been sad if somebody had ordered a hit on Mark Richt.  Or Bobby Bowden in his later years.   When a program is floundering, you do not want them to change the person in charge.

Same reason the Allies didn't attempt to assassinate Hitler during WWII.  They knew he was personally fucking up how the Germans were fighting the war. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Earlier a poster put together an idea of a potential battle plan with the idea of going towards Melitopol (I forget the poster, apologies), that's a long way from the river banks.  However, using the deep state map, I did notice that merely by crossing the river bank anywhere between Kherson and NIkopol, with any heavy equipment (to include HIMARS) they would be within the 300 km range of the Kerch Bridge, making an ATACMS strike possible.  I'm not sure that would do the job entirely, I suppose it depends on the warhead.  If they are going for it, I would at least have to think this is a strong secondary objective.  

In searching, the average depth of the Dneiper in this area is between 1.3 meters and 12 meters, however, I'm unclear if this is pre dam demolition or post.  Additionally, the width of the river in dry periods ranges anywhere from 200 ft to 1200 ft, again, not clear if this is pre or post dam.  In any event, if it is significantly low from even these readings crossing heavy equipment with pontoons might be possible, but I have to imagine still extremely difficult.  If they do accomplish this, it would potentially open a door behind the Surovikin line.  Fingers crossed.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Bring back memories of Vicksburg?

I had relatives who lived in a cave near the river during the Siege of Vicksburg.

and a footnote:

The town of Vicksburg—which had suffered miserably during the siege, with disease, starvation and death stalking soldier and civilian alike—would not celebrate the Fourth of July for 81 years.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

https://www.threads.net/@mx_ukr/post/C-7isWZJ8YJ/?xmt=AQGzD6GzJIyqv5ebN-zd9j5j-9Ntkit8Q7PM3A0QcaLAMA

haha discovered the war winning strategy fo absorbing GNLRS with their valuable infrastructure and heavy equipment

https://www.threads.net/@meanwhile_in_ua/post/C-7eYQjoXLZ/?xmt=AQGz5U79hOdsewr92jWCtMXid1Lipk2H1-NKIVor0lcT-A

Tonight, #Ukraine launched a major kamikaze drone strike on russian military targets in Moscow, Rostov, Bryansk, and Belgorod.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

I had relatives who lived in a cave near the river during the Siege of Vicksburg.

and a footnote:
The town of Vicksburg—which had suffered miserably during the siege, with disease, starvation and death stalking soldier and civilian alike—would not celebrate the Fourth of July for 81 years.

1907 is when they celebrated Independence day. July 4th Vicksburg surrendered after their failure.

Fuck em.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Nivek said:

1907 is when they celebrated Independence day. July 4th Vicksburg surrendered after their failure.

Fuck em.

For being born and living in Vicksburg during the Civil War? I would have to ask my mom, but I'm pretty sure that it was a woman with her children in the cave. And not that I need your approval but some years later my mom's family was pretty prominent in support of desegregation in Mississippi - like they are in books.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1