Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, but the UA needs better DJ's 

all those videos are being spliced and edited by a 16yo who only listens to techno-metal.   

what other songs should he pick brah?  this is literal heavy metal falling from the sky brah

techno metal it is brah

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

For being born and living in Vicksburg during the Civil War? I would have to ask my mom, but I'm pretty sure that it was a woman with her children in the cave. And not that I need your approval but some years later my mom's family was pretty prominent in support of desegregation in Mississippi - like they are in books.

Easy joke (relax not serious), It's pretty easy to be in a book in Mississippi, you just have to write it.  

Of course no civilians deserve anything of this sort, just pure horror and misery. 

An interesting thing to think about though, is how the siege of Vicksburg essentially foretold where artillery based warfare was going; i.e. the stagnation and trench warfare of WWI.  In this case the side that one eventually exhausted supply of the enemy, however, what happens when neither side can be exhausted (hint, it's fucking bad).  

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

For being born and living in Vicksburg during the Civil War? I would have to ask my mom, but I'm pretty sure that it was a woman with her children in the cave. And not that I need your approval but some years later my mom's family was pretty prominent in support of desegregation in Mississippi - like they are in books.

Mississippi has books?

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Easy joke (relax not serious), It's pretty easy to be in a book in Mississippi, you just have to write it.  

Of course no civilians deserve anything of this sort, just pure horror and misery. 

An interesting thing to think about though, is how the siege of Vicksburg essentially foretold where artillery based warfare was going; i.e. the stagnation and trench warfare of WWI.  In this case the side that one eventually exhausted supply of the enemy, however, what happens when neither side can be exhausted (hint, it's fucking bad).  

I wasn't offended or anything - I was just trying to differentiate the people from the military. It is an important lesson that is hard to learn. After what Ukranians have seen happen to their families, I assume it is pretty hard for the Ukranian military to use restraint in the Kursk region.

59 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I've been to the battlefield. The union troops were trying to advance up a 40 degree incline with cannons pointed down at them. An absolute meat grinder. Tablets cover the area marking where entire companies were obliterated.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I've been to the battlefield. The union troops were trying to advance up a 40 degree incline with cannons pointed down at them. An absolute meat grinder. Tablets cover the area marking where entire companies were obliterated.

It was fucking brutal, worth a stop if you are ever in the area and a bit of history fan.  I don't live far from Kennesaw Mountain, which was a battle in the outskirts of Atlanta, the earth works still exist and one area where a company from Tennessee made the bend and walked directly into artillery.  None survived.  

What is crazy, is that with the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to see that conditions and battlefield tactics had changed, yet for at least another sixty years plus, everyone still taught the Napoleonic tactics.  As it applies to today, the Russians still use some of this, (i.e. columns, over dependence on artillery, etc).  It isn't just that they take untrained peasants and run them onto the field, it's also that their command is taught tactics that are 200 years old. 

• Hook 'Em 4

56 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his great general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his great general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late. 

-General Kenobi

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

An interesting thing to think about though, is how the siege of Vicksburg essentially foretold where artillery based warfare was going; i.e. the stagnation and trench warfare of WWI

Longstreet first used trench warfare successfully at Antietam. Absolute carnage 

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Hah…. this little oil painting hangs above the toilet in our guest bathroom. 
It is a reminder that my family is only two generations removed from that “lifestyle “.

IMG_3851.jpeg

Wait - you had covered out-houses? 

IMG_0476.gif.5bd8690337a477f455c650876a6e9794.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

"However, the Russian government and state-affiliated businessmen are opposed to mobilization, as it would deplete the economy of its remaining labor resources."

Shit is hitting the fan in Moscow if true.

Really does make you wonder about Russian troop numbers and losses if they still can’t get enough troops to even stop the Ukrainians, let alone push them back.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Bevo said:

This is difficult to parse out on a forum like this.  But let's go with the highest order.  If they don't celebrate July 4th out of some grievance over the fall of their Confederate city, or due to the date coinciding with the loss of the town during the Civil War,  then yeah.   If they are just too lazy, tired, or old to give a shit about celebrating, well, I get that.   

46 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This is difficult to parse out on a forum like this.  But let's go with the highest order.  If they don't celebrate July 4th out of some grievance over the fall of their Confederate city, or due to the date coinciding with the loss of the town during the Civil War,  then yeah.   If they are just too lazy, tired, or old to give a shit about celebrating, well, I get that.   

maybe its just miserably hot and humid, and they just don't want to be out in that.  LOL

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow, if they are transferring conscripts from Siberia, that means they have no regular troops to spare.  They really are hurting for manpower.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles
Good time for Japan to go ahead and win that war they’re still in with Russia 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow, if they are transferring conscripts from Siberia, that means they have no regular troops to spare.  They really are hurting for manpower.

Good time for Japan to go ahead and win that war they’re still in with Russia

Or China to regain Outer Manchuria since losing it to the Tsar.

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2