Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow, if they are transferring conscripts from Siberia, that means they have no regular troops to spare.  They really are hurting for manpower.

Or they see seizing more of the Donbas as more important than defending part of Kursk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Or they see seizing more of the Donbas as more important than defending part of Kursk. 

Don"t think so. It is still a separatist area vs. Motherland. And Kursk is a very historical place in the mind of the Russians.

Concerning China. Nope, don't want to see them expand. Want to see a small low level tit for tat war that keeps both focused and worried about each other.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

One of my favorites is “The geology of the Big Thicket.”

During the last ice age, the gulf coast was at Woodville.

South Austin's Mom has Big Thicket on her merkin.

Ukrainians scammed the Russian milbloggers 'Two Majors' of 1 million rubles
On August 9, "Two Majors" announced a collection for fighters in the Kursk area, including 7 Maviks, for a total of 1,800,000 rubles.
Ukrainians contacted the fund and convinced them that they could promptly deliver the Maviks, but an advance payment was required.
On August 13, the head of the " Two Majors" with over 1 million followers on Telegram transferred 999,990 rubles to the account of the fictitious company OOO "Digital ARS RUS".
On August 20, a unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine recorded a video with words of gratitude for the purchased equipment.

Did the Nigerian Prince move to Ukraine?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So if they can’t protect a valuable asset that’s been getting shwacked all week, their ability to air defend ANYTHING is down to about zero.

What all long range weapons are we still waiting to give Ukraine permission to use?  Seems like a few volley’s every night can do some serious work.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

So if they can’t protect a valuable asset that’s been getting shwacked all week, their ability to air defend ANYTHING is down to about zero.

What all long range weapons are we still waiting to give Ukraine permission to use?  Seems like a few volley’s every night can do some serious work.

That they currently have, that I am aware of, it's ATACMS and the F-16s and ordinance associated with them.  There are other things we dangled out there that might be on the table to include JASSMs (surface to air cruise missiles, stealthy from what I've read, with longer range capability).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 7:35 PM, KYHorn said:

This project was always a very low probability, before the SMO began. Pre war costs estimated at $50+ Billion.

Get the 2 worst business partners in the world on opposite sides of a contract, trying to get the other guy to put up the money. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

This video from Radio Free Europe just came across my feed, very interesting to see these russians have the war brought home for them. 

A really familiar sounding bit at 1:40 in the video:

"When did the war start for you?"

"August 6th"

"What about what was happening on the border before then, was it war?

"There was some kind of fighting, conflict. I'm not interested in politics. Since I'm retired I'm not interested in politics"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

"There was some kind of fighting, conflict. I'm not interested in politics. Since I'm retired I'm not interested in politics"

“As long as there is food on the table and soldiers don’t steal my daughters, why should I care who is in charge?”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

“As long as there is food on the table and soldiers don’t steal my daughters, why should I care who is in charge?”

“And even if I did, I can’t do anything about it without getting thrown out a window? Best keep my head down and eat my borscht. Do you have any vodka or a cigarette?”
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is going around the feeds.  Would be hilarious if they are taking out the Chechens because that would allow the Russians to retreat.

Killing a commander has a significantly more serious negative effect for russia than it does for most armies. They are extremely rigid in their operational and information model, and many units will just sit idle until a new commander is put in place

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Came here to post this. Here's the translation. A true Surly-esque poet. 

10/10 Dostoevsky moment with a Russian guy witnessing the Marinovka air base following a Ukrainian drone assault. “There it is flying by, fuck. Fucking flying over again, fuck. It’s all fucking fucked up! Everything. It’s fucked as fuck. They’re fucking bombing it since 2.30 am, and they still are fucking it now. It’s a serious tragedy, folks. This is serious stuff. It’s all fucking on fire. And it’s fucking smoke. It’s all fucking exploding. That’s it. The Oktyabrsky airfield is fucking fucked as fuck. That’s really something else. And all the new hangars, it’s all blown up in the air, fuck.” 

From the video, the only things missing are the OU storm chasers, and a twister! Kursk Oblast sux, and keeps Ukraine from falling off into the sea and ramming Turkey.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Came here to post this. Here's the translation. A true Surly-esque poet. 

10/10 Dostoevsky moment with a Russian guy witnessing the Marinovka air base following a Ukrainian drone assault. “There it is flying by, fuck. Fucking flying over again, fuck. It’s all fucking fucked up! Everything. It’s fucked as fuck. They’re fucking bombing it since 2.30 am, and they still are fucking it now. It’s a serious tragedy, folks. This is serious stuff. It’s all fucking on fire. And it’s fucking smoke. It’s all fucking exploding. That’s it. The Oktyabrsky airfield is fucking fucked as fuck. That’s really something else. And all the new hangars, it’s all blown up in the air, fuck.” 

well that seems good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is going around the feeds.  Would be hilarious if they are taking out the Chechens because that would allow the Russians to retreat.

In some Russian soldier's memoir that I read decades ago, he said that whoever knocked out the blocking detachments could roll over Russia.

I always wonder why the more numerous troops on the front lines didn't rise up against the blocking detachments themselves, but I guess that answers why they work.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

In some Russian soldier's memoir that I read decades ago, he said that whoever knocked out the blocking detachments could roll over Russia.

I always wonder why the more numerous troops on the front lines didn't rise up against the blocking detachments themselves, but I guess that answers why they work.

My gut tells me they have an A team, B team etc...they put the loyalists together with the good armaments and what little in the way of good supplies they have...they give the scrubs feathered in with the regulars certain assignments.  They likely have a couple hundred thousand of the sufficiently trained army men. Then the rest is the scrubs and they give them shit.  They use the blocking brigades to keep the worst of the bunch (convicts, scripts, foreigners, ne'er do wells) in place and more or less dont count on them doing much accept cannon fodder, placeholders etc...from what I've been able to ascertain from this thread , and reading One Soldiers War, they mix in plenty of the  scrubs with the A team to use as needed for sniffing out the enemy positions and don't need the blocking brigade as the regulars keep them in the front using techniques such as alcohol, threat of torture, bullying and outright beatings.  Complete fubar in that entire outfit, like a big neighborhood bully that all it takes in someone to punch them in the face and depants them.  Which i pray is happening or will happen.

Edited by jdhorn92
t
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

and reading One Soldiers War, they mix in plenty of the  scrubs with the A team to use as needed for sniffing out the enemy positions and don't need the blocking brigade as the regulars keep them in the front.

That book alone has done more to help me understand what’s going on over there than any other thing I’ve read.  

it also supports when we need to nuke the entirety of Russia from orbit

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Gatorubet said:

That book alone has done more to help me understand what’s going on over there than any other thing I’ve read.  

it also supports when we need to nuke the entirety of Russia from orbit

No doubt, when all of this started, I did the same based on a rec on this thread.  Very telling piece. I had read some on Stalin while reading Patton's book and the ethos of the Russian soldier always intrigued me.

For those that have not read it, as @Gatorubet noted, it is a first hand account of what it is like to be in the Russian army, it will blow you away.  Louis Gossett Jr making Richard Gere do pullups and pushups in the rain is romper room as a comparison.

• Hook 'Em 6