Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

C'mon, Joe.  Let them hit those airfields.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Hit the Kremlin

Flooding Kyiv would be something that would probably cause the US to ditch all restrictions. And probably cause a lot more weapons to flow to Ukraine (they should already be flowing).

As for Moscow, the Ukrainians have sent a couple of drone raids their way.  They are absolutely mapping out their air defenses and helping to expend their air defenses.  They did this in Crimea a few times - send in strikes to map things out and/or wear down their air defenses and then hit some major target.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Screenshot_20240825_121648_Threads.thumb.jpg.6177edb6643446241953ba533b043196.jpg

What a tool. That statement alone is so idiotic.

“Oooh a free speech platform!!”

(Used to make people suffer and die)

(Founder gets compromised, starts looking for the ripcord)

“Grumble grumble but freedommm”

Pretty sure the right to not get shelled or your children blown up at school supersedes the right to assemble and communicate.
  • Hook 'Em 8

It sure seems like the US is playing referee in a war between our ally and our enemy.  If we’re gonna do that, we should either say “there are no rules outside of no nukes”, in which case Ukraine can use our shit however they want with no restrictions, or we say “no attacks on civilian infrastructure from here forward” in which case we will almost certainly have to get directly involved since there’s no way Russia will comply with that.

As is stands, our ally is not able to prevent our enemy from destroying our ally’s civilian infrastructure because of limits we are imposing on them.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Csb/ A dude I worked with a long time ago worked for one of the firms contracted to put out the well fires in Iraq after gulf war 1. His stories were pretty crazy, but those were some smart, highly technical mofos.

I know holding tanks are a whole different kettle of fish than burning gushers but I just don't see Russia having anywhere near the smarts, technical experience or equipment to handle something like this. In Russia, if it burns, it burns /csb. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Good lord. The Ukrainian Air Force reported about the huge missile and drone attack that happened this morning. A total of 236 missiles/drones were used by Russia.

Shot down:

1/3 Kinzhal Kh-47M2 aeroballistic missiles
1/6 Iskander-M/KN-23 ballistic missiles
1/1 Kh-22 cruise missile
99/115 Kh-101/Kalibr/Kh-59/69 cruise missiles
99/109 Shahed drones

Given the enormous size of this attack, air defense did extremely well. 

Impossible. Sarkisian fights against the Aggies, not with them.

• Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C_ImVdDo3WM?xmt=AQGzqvnlZflolj_x2-nnScF7W27q_fzuUKPYP0DNMzSVxQ

🇺🇦🇷🇺 A strike with two precision-guided M31 GMLRS rockets with airburst warheads on a Russian training ground.

https://www.threads.net/@nafo_wrangler/post/C_H6lG5qzYD?xmt=AQGzqvnlZflolj_x2-nnScF7W27q_fzuUKPYP0DNMzSVxQ

The Kursk salient continues to expand through Korenovo

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/C_IsS_SNV28?xmt=AQGzqvnlZflolj_x2-nnScF7W27q_fzuUKPYP0DNMzSVxQ

Ukrainian forces, likely from the 82nd Air Assault Brigade, are clearing a village in the Kursk region on the first days of the operation. At 3:34, a Ukrainian tank withstands a "Lancet" drone strike.

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/C_I_A_RtXcC?xmt=AQGzqvnlZflolj_x2-nnScF7W27q_fzuUKPYP0DNMzSVxQ

A Ukrainian Mi-8 chasing a Russian Shahed drone and shooting it down, probably done by a machine gunner onboard.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/C_IrrQ3tqGI?xmt=AQGz7Vxp8DEVDi50d673yOU5gffenog1ISSi7AVjn1XW-w

In Kursk, soldiers of the 22nd Separate Mechanized Brigade showed abandoned fortifications of the 1434th "Akhmat-Chechnya" regiment, which fled in panic during a Ukrainian advance to avoid capture.

https://www.threads.net/@meanwhile_in_ua/post/C_IDfgSoySA?xmt=AQGzyQGNHA0P473gtQhs41Y-9NTk8vPsBZrePLDo6p204w

Warriors of the 650th separate anti-aircraft machine gun battalion of the Ukrainian Armed Forces shot down a Russian cruise missile on the border of Lviv and Zarakhpattya regions, the regional military administration reports.
Thank you, our heroes! 💙💛

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So what country does Russia invade to take their refineries because it starts running low on fuel?

My guess is they will send a bunch of tankers to Rostov to send it to Iran and back.  Should make for plenty of shits and giggles when those get blown up as well.  I hope the Ukrainian DJ's can mix in "Smoke on the Water".  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, pops said:

Csb/ A dude I worked with a long time ago worked for one of the firms contracted to put out the well fires in Iraq after gulf war 1. His stories were pretty crazy, but those were some smart, highly technical mofos.

I know holding tanks are a whole different kettle of fish than burning gushers but I just don't see Russia having anywhere near the smarts, technical experience or equipment to handle something like this. In Russia, if it burns, it burns /csb. 

Why haven't the fires gone out?  They're still pumping oil into the tanks.

Seriously, you would think that the pipelines that feed the tanks could have been put in reverse to divert some of the contents other sites but nope.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Flooding Kyiv would be something that would probably cause the US to ditch all restrictions. And probably cause a lot more weapons to flow to Ukraine (they should already be flowing).

As for Moscow, the Ukrainians have sent a couple of drone raids their way.  They are absolutely mapping out their air defenses and helping to expend their air defenses.  They did this in Crimea a few times - send in strikes to map things out and/or wear down their air defenses and then hit some major target.  

I'm sorry, but this is just more wish casting.  with the numbers of civilian dead, raped and tortured that we already know about, plus the continuing and increasingly massive missile and drone attacks against critical infrastructure, flooding Kyiv isn't going to make Sleepy or Sullen even blink.

the fact that the Kursk invasion owes most of its success to date to the fact they didn't tell anyone in the west/US, indicates the level of rot in or national defense at the executive level.  the same traitors whispering to putin are the same ones whispering to potus about provocation risk.

fuckingembarrassing.gif

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, wd40 said:

I'm sorry, but this is just more wish casting.  with the numbers of civilian dead, raped and tortured that we already know about, plus the continuing and increasingly massive missile and drone attacks against critical infrastructure, flooding Kyiv isn't going to make Sleepy or Sullen even blink.

the fact that the Kursk invasion owes most of its success to date to the fact they didn't tell anyone in the west/US, indicates the level of rot in or national defense at the executive level.  the same traitors whispering to putin are the same ones whispering to potus about provocation risk.

fuckingembarrassing.gif

Or the Andrew McCarthy's of the world have more say than they ever should... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Aerial drones are terrifying but the robot dogs take the horror level to 11. There you are trying to snap one off during watch and of those little bastards creeps up and blows your dick right off.

One of my favorite deranged moves in video game history was in one of the Far Cry games.  I picked the dog as a companion, set a remote activated satchel charge on his ass and would send him into the enemy camp.  Once he got close to a group of baddies, I would blow his ass up and laugh a lot.  I'm cool.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Aerial drones are terrifying but the robot dogs take the horror level to 11. There you are trying to snap one off during watch and of those little bastards creeps up and blows your dick right off.

What until they have bumble bee bots with explosive stingers and are programed to go after your pecker.

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

One of my favorite deranged moves in video game history was in one of the Far Cry games.  I picked the dog as a companion, set a remote activated satchel charge on his ass and would send him into the enemy camp.  Once he got close to a group of baddies, I would blow his ass up and laugh a lot.  I'm cool.

How WW2 Russian of you.

Anti-tank dogs (Russian: собаки-истребители танков sobaki-istrebiteli tankov or противотанковые собаки protivotankovye sobaki; German: Panzerabwehrhunde or Hundeminen, "dog-mines") were dogs taught to carry explosives to tanks, armored vehicles, and other military targets. They were intensively trained by the Soviet and Russian military forces between 1930 and 1946, and used from 1941 to 1943, against German tanks in World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wd40 said:

Russia blowing up the Kakhovka Dam got a decent bump in military aid (helped by Russian trying to ban the UN from helping those who were flooded), and it only killed a few dozen people.

Deliberately flooding the capitol of a European country, and probably killing thousands (or more) and displacing millions would be a huge fucking deal, and here in the US would make for a great photo op to do even more for Ukraine.  In Europe, it would also increase aid.  

And China has already been quietly backing off dealing with Russia because they are worried about sanctions hitting Chinese banks - flooding out millions of civilians would kick that up a few notches.

Not that Putin wouldn't try - he's clearly living in an information bubble of sorts, but at the same time, they didn't send 20 of their best missiles at the dam, and the accuracy of Russian missiles is pretty shit, otherwise they'd be using them against targets on the battlefield to try and relieve the pressure in Kursk.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I would toss in that if he thought he could flood Kyiv and that there would be no substantial changes in aid to Kyiv or relations with China or others, I think Putin would have tried to do it a year or two ago.  He's been in "If I can't have it, neither can you" mode for quite a while now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I will observe that it's pretty fucking hard to blow a large dam (which this one is) with missiles like the ones Russia is sending.  They can damage it, but totally blow it?  That's hard.  However, the dam has hydrogeneration facilities, and it seems that those WERE hit.  If you think of the dam as an electric generation source that the Russians targeted (as they have done repeatedly for other generation sources), the strike makes a lot more sense. I think it was likely a strike to take out generation capacity, not a strike to blow an entire dam.

Not that the Russians wouldn't if they could, it's just a very low-percentage play with the weapons they are using.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So basically they are screwed and it will only get worse. Ain't no Red Adaid MoFo's.

That would be Red Adair for you young 'uns.

5 hours ago, pops said:

A fire requires 3 things; fuel, oxygen and an ignition source. To put out the fire, remove one of the three.

Well blowouts are much less common than in times past. Most oil exploration is done via computers and data processing and not so much drilling "wildcat" wells looking for the big one. Knowing exactly where you're drilling and what you are drilling through minimizes surprises, and safeguards are in place to protect against accidents.

Fuel

In the event of a fire, one of the first things you do is shut off the fuel source. For a well, you close the valve, or deploy the blowout preventer, which may include massive shears the cut the pipe and block the well bore. If that doesn't work, call Red.

A tank fire is relatively simple compared to a well fire. You know exactly what you are dealing with, and it isn't under a 1,000 pounds of pressure.

Simple you say? Reminds me of a discussion on Simple Harmonic Motion with my physics prof (TA), in which he brought up watching a coed walking across the mall, braless. The harmonics are simple, but the motion is certainly not. And yes, I continue my research whenever the opportunity presents itself.

In this case, they built the tanks close together. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

In this case, isolate the tanks, or empty the tanks, or let them burn out.

Ignition Source

To put out this fire, you have to remove the debris from the fire, the red hot steel plates and piping that will reignite gas and liquids on contact. For this fire, that is damn near impossible while the fire is burning. You can't get close enough to see what to do.

Oxygen

Red used dynamite in the old days, they probably use something similar now, but more stable. The explosion consumes the oxygen and the fire goes out.

Putting out a fire by setting off explosives next to tanks full of diesel and jet fuel? Let me think about that one.

In Iraq, I know they mounted a jet engine on a skid and tried to blow out the fires. I expect they had some success, and failures. The ACME products probably worked best.

Yeah, trying to do anything, with a drone looking over your shoulder? You're fucked before you start.

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Why haven't the fires gone out?  They're still pumping oil into the tanks.

Seriously, you would think that the pipelines that feed the tanks could have been put in reverse to divert some of the contents other sites but nope.

Terminals are the delivery points, at the "dumb" ends of the pipelines. They typically don't have the pumps required to boost the pressure to move the products from the terminal to the pipelines. Kind of like pouring your water bottle into the garden hose to fill up your upstairs toilet.

1 of the 4 things you need to know to be an engineer; you can't pull water.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Ukraine should target Russian vodka tanks.

That would stretch Ukraine's ammo limitations for sure.

Reading a book now about the Russian Revolution and subsequent Civil War. Kennan ID'd from official sources that in Siberia had 30 taverns for every school. Now imagine what those taverns and schools were like in the 1880's. A small distillery in the same area made 3M gallons of vodka a year. In one city. In an underpopulated area. Russia gonna Russia.

It is interesting to read these books about that time and then you realize watching video outside of the major urban areas little has changed. Yeah, they have knock off European track suits and cell phones their sister brought back from her 90 day hooker stint in Dubai, but they still grow potatoes and live in squalor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

So I take it you weren't wearing your robot decoy dick.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Came across this, for those curious about the GMLRS video that @MillerEP posted earlier

Thanks for posting.

We were at Eglin AFB from '62-'66. My dad was able to take us out to the test ranges where we could see live fire exercises (Vulcan 20 mm rotary cannon), strafing runs, napalm, touch and go's.

We used to fish off the "target docks."  The Navy would coat them with napalm, and tow them out to the Gulf for target practice. Sometimes we would see the docks coated with the napalm. Good thing we weren't a bunch of fire bugs.

The "Climatic Hangar", or McKinley Climatic Laboratory, was literally the coolest thing I ever saw. They could make temperatures between -65 degrees Fahrenheit to 165 degrees Fahrenheit with a simulation of all climatic conditions including heat, snow, rain, wind, sand and dust. They made instant popsicles on Armed Force Day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1