Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

In the Seim River, which then flows down into Ukraine

Most likely, in the Tiotkino area, russian bastards dumped something in the Seim river, everything is dying - fish, leeches, fry, the water is black and smelly. This is an ecological disaster. It's just terrible...it has already reached the Konotop district, and then Desna. Everything that is not dead is trying to climb ashore.

Tiotkino is right therein the far west where the Ukrainians have advanced to the other bank. My guess is it's either a "Jesus is coming-- hide everything!" moment, or else ditching some supply of fuel or chemicals to keep the Ukrainians from capturing them. Third guess is inbred Soviet-style rock-brain just being dumb.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

All kinds of rumors about Crimea being next, Putin trying to move troops from the Kharkiv area over to Kursk, and shit is going down in Belgorod, and the Russian troops in the Kharkiv area probably can't get down to Belgorod because Kursk.

Feels like the Russian army, at least from say Kharkiv over to Belarus, is in a really bad position.

I listened to an interview with General Ben Hodges, and he mentioned that because the FSB is in charge of the response (because it's Ukrainian terrorists pouring over the border, dontcha know), and because the FSB and Russian military are not fond of one another, the Russian military could be slow-rolling their response, or at the very least, providing the utmost minimal support because they A) don't want any of their troops to be under FSB control and B) resources are slim to begin with and if they help the FSB, they could be screwing themselves over if the Ukrainians hit them.  And he mentioned most military leaders don't want to see the FSB succeed.

We have our turf wars in the Western militaries, man do we have turf wars, but we would never allow something like this - it really does harken back to the Soviet Union and the Cold War.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I listened to an interview with General Ben Hodges, and he mentioned that because the FSB is in charge of the response (because it's Ukrainian terrorists pouring over the border, dontcha know), and because the FSB and Russian military are not fond of one another, the Russian military could be slow-rolling their response, or at the very least, providing the utmost minimal support because they A) don't want any of their troops to be under FSB control and B) resources are slim to begin with and if they help the FSB, they could be screwing themselves over if the Ukrainians hit them.  And he mentioned most military leaders don't want to see the FSB succeed.

We have our turf wars in the Western militaries, man do we have turf wars, but we would never allow something like this - it really does harken back to the Soviet Union and the Cold War.

Again, the unified command and control emphasis of NATO/Western forces is proving SO important compared to the Russian mess.  Even with unified FSB command, they have very little experience with theater and multiple front commands, and the military under their control wants to see the FSB fail at leadership.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe Poland and Lithuania move a few things close to their Belarusian borders for exercises?

Or show of some of their own sweet break dance fighting moves.  

My hunch is that the Belarussian's will deploy to the Kursk front, the reason being that they won't be technically in an offensive portion or the war, but rather coming to defense of their "allies".  Plus, I'm betting that the Belarussian border to Ukraine at this point is one of the deadliest minefields in the world at the moment.  

Edited by BamaATL
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Some not so great news

That's not all bad. Russia doesn't have much in the way of mid air refueling capability. While long range bombers aren't going to have a problem launching from farther away, strike aircraft and helicopters will. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That's not all bad. Russia doesn't have much in the way of mid air refueling capability. While long range bombers aren't going to have a problem launching from farther away, strike aircraft and helicopters will. 

Its bad in the sense that any element of surprise and ground elimination of air frames is gone, but at the same time, it also indicates the Russians now believe the US is going to give permission, so I guess that is good.  Additionally, as you mentioned towards lack of refueling capability, it increases the response time the Ukrainians have to any air attacks, presumably.  Also, the further that Russian aviation is strained, the more likely they lose aircraft simply from use and lack of maintenance.  

I'd love to see their entire Air Force wiped out in one fell swoop, but that was never happening anyway.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Those Backfires and Bears were already out of the close theater, so this would imply lighter aircraft. Nice.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

All kinds of rumors about Crimea being next, Putin trying to move troops from the Kharkiv area over to Kursk, and shit is going down in Belgorod, and the Russian troops in the Kharkiv area probably can't get down to Belgorod because Kursk.

Feels like the Russian army, at least from say Kharkiv over to Belarus, is in a really bad position.

You member when the Germans busted through at Sedan in their little rat-wagon tanks, and French Generals were demanding written orders before they'd counterattack the flanks as a CYA measure in case it failed, because French Generals hated other French Generals more than they feared the Germans?

Moi je me member.

Edited by RDCanecutter
putain merde
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

You member when the Germans busted through at Sedan in their little rat-wagon tanks, and French Generals were demanding written orders before they'd counterattack the flanks as a CYA measure in case it failed, because French Generals hated other French Generals more than they feared the Germans?

Moi je me member.

i have the Elan’!!!

NO! I have the Elan!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

5 hours ago, BamaATL said:

My hunch is that the Belarussian's will deploy to the Kursk front, the reason being that they won't be technically in an offensive portion or the war, but rather coming to defense of their "allies".  Plus, I'm betting that the Belarussian border to Ukraine at this point is one of the deadliest minefields in the world at the moment.  

5 hours ago, Deej said:

Bend over, Belarus. 

Belarus gave some of their best equipment to the Russians and it's probably already been used for target practice by the Ukrainians.

If Belarusians start dying in Ukraine, that could start some shit in Belarus - it's not the biggest of countries.  With that said, Lukashenko is going to be careful - he's got a small military, and he needs it to stay in power.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Its bad in the sense that any element of surprise and ground elimination of air frames is gone, but at the same time, it also indicates the Russians now believe the US is going to give permission, so I guess that is good.  Additionally, as you mentioned towards lack of refueling capability, it increases the response time the Ukrainians have to any air attacks, presumably.  Also, the further that Russian aviation is strained, the more likely they lose aircraft simply from use and lack of maintenance.  

I'd love to see their entire Air Force wiped out in one fell swoop, but that was never happening anyway.  

They will sell be within reach of Ukrainian drones and cruise missiles.

I know people are talking about ATACMS, but I take this as a sign as well that their air defense has been seriously degraded, more than we probably realize.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They will sell be within reach of Ukrainian drones and cruise missiles.

I know people are talking about ATACMS, but I take this as a sign as well that their air defense has been seriously degraded, more than we probably realize.

It is also a sign that its air defenses like s300, 400, and 500 are less capable of intercepting ballistic missiles than Russia claims. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1