Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Do y'all remember that kookie pro-Putin guy from Round Rock who was known as the Donbas Cowboy and was a Sputnik correspondent early on during the war? I think there were video clips of him reporting from the front, which were posted a thousand pages back. As a reminder, his body was found this past spring and there were suspicions that it was the Russians who killed him.

So, as an update, they tortured the stupid bastard to death:

American Pro-Kremlin Fighter Russell Bentley Tortured to Death by Russian Soldiers

American Pro-Kremlin Fighter Russell Bentley Tortured to Death by Russian Soldiers

On September 20, Russia’s Investigative Committee announced that Russell Bentley, an American pro-Kremlin fighter who participated in Russia’s war against Ukraine in 2014 and was killed under previously unclear circumstances, was tortured to death by Russian soldiers.

Bentley, a 64-year-old self-identified communist from Dallas, Texas, joined pro-Russian separatists in 2014 to combat Ukrainian forces. He went missing in the Russian-occupied city of Donetsk in April and was subsequently discovered dead.

Russia’s Investigative Committee, which investigates serious crimes, has identified the suspects as Russian Armed Forces servicemen Vitaly Vansyatsky, Vladislav Agaltsev, Vladimir Bazhin, and Andrei Iordanov.

This chart shows how the Russians are cycling through the different categories of soldiers. At the start of the war, deaths were almost exclusively seen among contract soldiers. Then, they got all the convicts killed. Now, it looks like they're running out of those with death wishes. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

As the readers of One Soldier’s War discovered, it is considered totally fine and expected that the veteran Russian soldiers - called  “granddads” - will abuse and beat the fuck out of any new guy on the unit.

I can imagine a scenario where Russell was not down for this, given his views of the proper way to act in a western military, and objected (or even strenuously objected) -  and as a result of that defiance to the granddads got his ass beat so bad that he died.  Or maybe he pissed them off when he told them that MREs tasted better than Ukrainian dog and non-moldy part of Russian potato stew. 

This would be an average day in the Russian military.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Interesting news...the richest woman in Russia, Tatyana Bakalchuk, is going through a divorce. Which means in Russia her soon to be ex decides to storm her office and gets in a shootout killing at least two. Basically it is gang vs gang fight as each side's security detail gets in a brawl before bringing out the hardware. Exciting to see the oligarchs starting to rip into each other. Can't wait for the next episode of this Russian telenovela.

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Laughing GIF

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2024/09/18/gunfire-breaks-out-in-moscow-as-wildberries-ceo-claims-husband-led-raid-attempt-on-company-s-central-office

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

Do y'all remember that kookie pro-Putin guy from Round Rock who was known as the Donbas Cowboy and was a Sputnik correspondent early on during the war? I think there were video clips of him reporting from the front, which were posted a thousand pages back. As a reminder, his body was found this past spring and there were suspicions that it was the Russians who killed him.

So, as an update, they tortured the stupid bastard to death:

On September 20, Russia’s Investigative Committee announced that Russell Bentley, an American pro-Kremlin fighter who participated in Russia’s war against Ukraine in 2014 and was killed under previously unclear circumstances, was tortured to death by Russian soldiers.

Bentley, a 64-year-old self-identified communist from Dallas, Texas, joined pro-Russian separatists in 2014 to combat Ukrainian forces. He went missing in the Russian-occupied city of Donetsk in April and was subsequently discovered dead.

Russia’s Investigative Committee, which investigates serious crimes, has identified the suspects as Russian Armed Forces servicemen Vitaly Vansyatsky, Vladislav Agaltsev, Vladimir Bazhin, and Andrei Iordanov.

This chart shows how the Russians are cycling through the different categories of soldiers. At the start of the war, deaths were almost exclusively seen among contract soldiers. Then, they got all the convicts killed. Now, it looks like they're running out of those with death wishes. 

Are Russian losses really at their lowest point in the war right now? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Are Russian losses really at their lowest point in the war right now? I don't think so.

If true, it’s because they’re reducing the meat waves in pokrovsk in order to reinforce Kursk… but I agree, they’re still suffering 1000+ casualties per day. Those BBC stats are at least 3X under reporting. 

Edited by B00M

4 hours ago, dimyh said:

Interesting news...the richest woman in Russia, Tatyana Bakalchuk, is going through a divorce. Which means in Russia her soon to be ex decides to storm her office and gets in a shootout killing at least two. Basically it is gang vs gang fight as each side's security detail gets in a brawl before bringing out the hardware. Exciting to see the oligarchs starting to rip into each other. Can't wait for the next episode of this Russian telenovela.

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

https://www.threads.net/@tsua_23/post/DAKm-u0IcJd?xmt=AQGzoxrgk1d6GwYx3VBWkS4LZrH3Y2Xr-7DPIAXF6z09Kg

Another attack on one of Russia's main ammunition depots.
This time in the Tykhoretsk region💥🔥

https://www.threads.net/@kyivindependent_official/post/DAKTTIiPxni?xmt=AQGzFswPFnKwCPixGq_zF2BAub9Z0biEIu81tESAibT6bQ

️49% of Russians support withdrawal of troops from Ukraine, poll says.
Nearly 50% of Russian people support withdrawing troops from Ukraine and negotiating for peace, even without achieving the Kremlin's military objectives, according to independent pollsters ExtremeScan and Chronicles.

^Not sure I buy it

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

^Not sure I buy it

I bet it's well above 50% for those in Eastern Russia - they have to be sweating a little bit these days now that the Ukrainians clearly have the means to decisively hit anywhere out to Moscow (and beyond in some cases).  Easy to ignore when you see no evidence of the war outside of social media, but they are headed into winter, and shit will get real for them if they don't have power/gas.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sounds like something you order at the state fair that has three kinds of fried seafood.

I’m listening.

Or some sort of weird aquatic sexual feat.  "Man I met this hot chick at the beach and before I knew it, we were in the water pulling a triple loaded Neptune!"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Or some sort of weird aquatic sexual feat.  "Man I met this hot chick at the beach and before I knew it, we were in the water pulling a triple loaded Neptune!"  

Or a turd.

Yesterday after an evening at the state fair, I had a triple loaded Neptune assplosion.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Russia preparing strikes against Ukrainian nuclear facilities ahead of winter, Foreign Minister says.
The possible targets include open distribution devices at nuclear power plants and transmission substations, "which are essential for the safe functioning of the nuclear energy system," according to Ukraine's Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha.

https://kyivindependent.com/russia-preparing-strikes-against-ukrainian-nuclear-facilities-ahead-of-winter-foreign-minister-says/

Moscow is preparing to carry out strikes against Ukrainian nuclear facilities ahead of winter, Ukraine's Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha said on Sept. 21, citing Kyiv's intelligence data.

The possible targets include open distribution devices at nuclear power plants and transmission substations, "which are essential for the safe functioning of the nuclear energy system," according to Sybiha.

"Damage to these facilities would create a high risk of a nuclear incident that will have global consequences," Sybiha said in a statement published on social media.

Ukraine's special services informed Kyiv's partners and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) about the possible threat. "Russia is the only country that seized a nuclear power plant in Europe, blackmailing the world," added the minister.

I don’t think Russia would be stupid enough to do this, but I also think the Foreign Minister is throwing it out there as a warning.

• Rage+1 2

There are several interesting facts regarding the Russian ammunition site in Tikhoretsk, which exploded this morning.

According to intelligence reports it contained North Korean missiles, just like the primary ammunition site in Toropets, which got destroyed three days ago.

The logistics hub is situated along important rail lines.

The Russian rail network (yellow lines on the map) intersects in Tikhoretsk and directly contributes to the Russian invasion into the Ukrainian regions in the East (Donbas) and the South (Crimea). The site is around 300 km (185 miles) from the current frontline.

• Hook 'Em 4

So all of a sudden we see a massive uptick in secondary and tertiary hops in the ammunition supply chain. What I am more curious about isnt the how/what they are targeting but the "why".

This is a major change in tactics and a much more visible approach than targeting long-range aircraft and various rail hubs.  If we are looking at this strategically then, what does this do that is different that their prior approaches? Is Ukraine trying to bleed out the front-line troops of ammo to essentially starve off the current counterattacks in Kursk? Are we seeing a preemptive strike to look to limit the Russian stockpiles before winter to keep them from using the cruise missiles to target power infrastructure this winter?  Are they trying to force Russia to be reactive and move their supply depots farther east? Is this more of a psychological set of targets to now sow fear in the Russian populace overall?

Generally, when you look to cripple major hubs in the supply chain, the point is to create downstream disruptions to then force scarcity within the combat units to degrade their combat effectiveness. The problem with this approach is that it is time dependent. At some point, the enemy creates a workaround for those shortages. The other obvious reasoning is that these are targets that Ukraine just now has the ability to attack and they have decided to hit their highest value targets with this new weaponry while Russia has not yet developed a sufficient counter or changed their directives regarding munitions handling and storage. Some targets are just too juicy to pass up and when you have the means to reach them you do.

So, my learned scholars, what does this mean? What is the goal here? With us still being in autumn in Ukraine, does the time dependent nature of this have any larger meaning?

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Parliament said:

How many of the remaining depots are in range of Ukrainian drones/cruise missiles? 

If what I read earlier is accurate, Russia apparently only has 13 major ammunition depots/storage facilities.  11 of which are more or less in Europe, which are feeding their troops in Ukraine and surrounding.  With 2, perhaps 3 destroyed this week, that would leave them at best 8 facilities remaining.  Now that doesn't mean that they wouldn't figure out different ways to stage material, but it sure makes it more difficult.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So all of a sudden we see a massive uptick in secondary and tertiary hops in the ammunition supply chain. What I am more curious about isnt the how/what they are targeting but the "why".

This is a major change in tactics and a much more visible approach than targeting long-range aircraft and various rail hubs.  If we are looking at this strategically then, what does this do that is different that their prior approaches? Is Ukraine trying to bleed out the front-line troops of ammo to essentially starve off the current counterattacks in Kursk? Are we seeing a preemptive strike to look to limit the Russian stockpiles before winter to keep them from using the cruise missiles to target power infrastructure this winter?  Are they trying to force Russia to be reactive and move their supply depots farther east? Is this more of a psychological set of targets to now sow fear in the Russian populace overall?

Generally, when you look to cripple major hubs in the supply chain, the point is to create downstream disruptions to then force scarcity within the combat units to degrade their combat effectiveness. The problem with this approach is that it is time dependent. At some point, the enemy creates a workaround for those shortages. The other obvious reasoning is that these are targets that Ukraine just now has the ability to attack and they have decided to hit their highest value targets with this new weaponry while Russia has not yet developed a sufficient counter or changed their directives regarding munitions handling and storage. Some targets are just too juicy to pass up and when you have the means to reach them you do.

So, my learned scholars, what does this mean? What is the goal here? With us still being in autumn in Ukraine, does the time dependent nature of this have any larger meaning?

My guess, and I didn't put a ton of thought into it (though one can argue with me that's nothing new), is that it's pretty straight forward, starve the enemy out of ammo.  We are getting into the period in which nothing will happen movement wise for a couple of months waiting on the freeze, if in the mean time the Russian's are starved of ammo, come two months from now their positions will be increasingly vulnerable.  Ironically enough, it will be them on the back foot with pretty severe ammo diets.  

If what I read earlier is accurate, Russia apparently only has 13 major ammunition depots/storage facilities.  11 of which are more or less in Europe, which are feeding their troops in Ukraine and surrounding.  With 2, perhaps 3 destroyed this week, that would leave them at best 8 facilities remaining.  Now that doesn't mean that they wouldn't figure out different ways to stage material, but it sure makes it more difficult.  

Just call uncle Sergei and use his garage. He can move the lada out into the street.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Is Ukraine trying to bleed out the front-line troops of ammo to essentially starve off the current counterattacks in Kursk? Are we seeing a preemptive strike to look to limit the Russian stockpiles before winter to keep them from using the cruise missiles to target power infrastructure this winter?  Are they trying to force Russia to be reactive and move their supply depots farther east? Is this more of a psychological set of targets to now sow fear in the Russian populace overall?

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

• Drool 1

Serious answer @Laxtonto

• I think it’s more strategic.  I could be wrong, but it seems like these depots are holding the larger weapons (missiles and bombs) that get distributed to airfields, plus air defense (S-300/S-400) and MLRS batteries.  These facilities are expensive, and I don’t see them using them for cheap artillery shells, especially when they seem to be running tight - I would imagine that artillery ammo is going almost straight from the factories to the rail hubs and then the theater or division level and then the batteries.  Again, I could be wrong, but these are holding missiles that Russia purchases from Iran and a North Korea, and I don’t see them sitting next to artillery shells and powder.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if they are hitting these to give Ukrainian air defenses some breathing room and to keep their infrastructure running through the winter,  maybe the Ukrainian foreign minister was correct that Russia was going to target the nuke plants.
  • Forcing Russia to move the heavy stuff to the east forces Russia to waste precious transport infrastructure (rail or truck) when they need to deploy them to airfields, which slows down the deployment.  Also, forcing them to the east gets those weapons out in the open for long distances on rail or trucks and gives them more of a chance to see the missiles being sent to airfields so they can get a grasp of where future attacks are likely to come from.  The Russians are pretty set in their ways.  I’d imagine a missile sent to an airfield will be used against the same area that previous missiles sent to that airfield were used against.
  • Psychologically it’s fantastic. It makes for sexy social media videos that are easy to grasp and hard to ignore. 
  • The stuff they  are hitting seems to be expensive and not easy to come by (given that they are having to go to North Korea and Iran for some of it). It reduces Russia’s strategic advantage - who cares if they can’t hit the Russian airfields if the bombers and attack aircraft don’t have large/strategic weapons?  They aren’t going to risk those aircraft to drop 250lb bombs within MANPADS range.
  • if they are storing MLRS ammo, it helps the battlefield forces.
  • If they are storing air defense ammo, it opens things up for Ukrainian aircraft to get in closer, because Russia keeps having to move air defense batteries further back into Russia proper. I can only imagine what’s guarding the Kremlin.
  • It helps with Crimea.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

They have been systemically probing Russias defensive capabilities and striking where they can. They have taken out a shit load of air defense. It appears it's worked and they are able to strike more targets deeper into Russia with a variety of craft.

My understanding is that you cannot defend against various drones; rockets; bombs, missles etc with just one system. It's gotten more complicated with new technology. This favors Ukraine,of course as they are nimble, smart and adapt to the conditions in the field.

Edited by Born to Run
  • Hook 'Em 2

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/DALLwLMOKTz?xmt=AQGzs6s_txAzReKAXDDinlv2S_NLgCPeEdzH3Kcbw735VQ

A fire has reportedly broken out at the Wagner PMC base in Molkino, Krasnodar. Local media reports indicate that administrative buildings at the site, which housed the Wagner base for nearly a decade, are burning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Russian military circles say that "Gerasimov is preparing for a tough conversation with Putin."

Sources say that the president of Russia is scheduled to meet with the chief of the General Staff in mid-October, during which Gerasimov will have to present his plan for conducting a "special military operation" for the end of 2024 and the whole of 2025.

Interlocutors in military circles suggest that the conversation will obviously be tough: Gerasimov is expected to report on the events in Russia's Kursk region, as well as the exact terms for the complete liberation of the entire Donbas from the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

"If Gerasimov gives unconvincing answers to Putin's questions, his fate will be sealed and he will definitely lose his post in the foreseeable future."

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Serious answer @Laxtonto

• Forcing Russia to move the heavy stuff to the east forces Russia to waste precious transport infrastructure (rail or truck) when they need to deploy them to airfields, which slows down the deployment.  Also, forcing them to the east gets those weapons out in the open for long distances on rail or trucks and gives them more of a chance to see the missiles being sent to airfields so they can get a grasp of where future attacks are likely to come from.  The Russians are pretty set in their ways.  I’d imagine a missile sent to an airfield will be used against the same area that previous missiles sent to that airfield were used against.

To this point, capturing the rail depot and junction facility in Kursk allows AFU to generally know train timing and location anywhere on the Russian rail network….

• Hook 'Em 1