Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

comments are hilarious

Russia: We have no troops in the area.

America: I can confirm you have no troops that are alive in the area.

Russia: …

America: So do you want these bodies?

—-

While F-22s were flying CAP, Apaches, B-52s, Spectres & F-15Es all took turns liquidating Russians while the HIMARS & 777s were reloading.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, KYHorn said:

According to the Washington Post, the United States believes that Ukraine has not made a “compelling case” for permission to strike deep into Russia with American weapons. “Ukraine is better off focusing on destroying targets in Crimea. Strikes on Russia are not worth the risk of escalation.” - American officials. 

Some possible explanations for this:

1. "American Officials" are thinking "They have their own long range missiles and drones to hit these targets now, why poke the bee hive unnecessarily" (BTW, do you think we helped them develop/manufacture these new homemade toys?)

2. "American Officials" are privy to specific threats from Russia that haven't been made public. (like we'll cut undersea cables, and maybe you could stop us but then we'd have an active sub war going on)

3. "American Officials" are, to put it gently, being overly cautious with Russian "red lines".

I mostly lurk here, many of you seem very knowledgeable on the subject - I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gandalfish said:

1. "American Officials" are thinking "They have their own long range missiles and drones to hit these targets now, why poke the bee hive unnecessarily" (BTW, do you think we helped them develop/manufacture these new homemade toys?)

2. "American Officials" are privy to specific threats from Russia that haven't been made public. (like we'll cut undersea cables, and maybe you could stop us but then we'd have an active sub war going on)

3. "American Officials" are, to put it gently, being overly cautious with Russian "red lines".

I mostly lurk here, many of you seem very knowledgeable on the subject - I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

Part one makes a lot of sense to me.  The Ukrainians have consistently shown technical capability, but I think that long from now we will find out there is plenty more to the story, to include covert help on things like guidance, etc.  They certainly have missile capability and experience, but the secret sauce is the precision.  To me, their internal development, covertly assisted, is a nice work around.  

Part 2 to me is unlikely.  At this point, Russian threats have to ring pretty hollow.  To me there are two main parts to this, the first being that 90% of the time they are bluffing, and the 2nd part is why the hell would you trust them anyway?  Russia is the king of doing one thing, saying another, and their word is worthless.  

Part 3, my personal thought isn't that we are scared of them and overly cautious, at least not for the reason that would immediately stand out.  Our politicians aren't concerned so much with military consequences, but potential economic ones.  I.E. - they are concerned about future business within Russia and losing that capability.  This to me is a shit idea, and even worse when you consider that lives are being lost, but I think its real.  Basically, what they think is regardless of the outcome, nothing is really going to change in Russia, and there is a push to return to the prior status quo.  

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Part one makes a lot of sense to me.  The Ukrainians have consistently shown technical capability, but I think that long from now we will find out there is plenty more to the story, to include covert help on things like guidance, etc.  They certainly have missile capability and experience, but the secret sauce is the precision.  To me, their internal development, covertly assisted, is a nice work around.  

Part 2 to me is unlikely.  At this point, Russian threats have to ring pretty hollow.  To me there are two main parts to this, the first being that 90% of the time they are bluffing, and the 2nd part is why the hell would you trust them anyway?  Russia is the king of doing one thing, saying another, and their word is worthless.  

Part 3, my personal thought isn't that we are scared of them and overly cautious, at least not for the reason that would immediately stand out.  Our politicians aren't concerned so much with military consequences, but potential economic ones.  I.E. - they are concerned about future business within Russia and losing that capability.  This to me is a shit idea, and even worse when you consider that lives are being lost, but I think its real.  Basically, what they think is regardless of the outcome, nothing is really going to change in Russia, and there is a push to return to the prior status quo.  

I think there's also a chance some of our European allies are thumping their chests publicly while privately telling the Biden administration they would prefer not to risk escalation, as they would likely feel the brunt of it. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I think there's also a chance some of our European allies are thumping their chests publicly while privately telling the Biden administration they would prefer not to risk escalation, as they would likely feel the brunt of it. 

Poland - no, Czechia - No, Slovakia - Yes, Hungary - Yes, Baltics - No.

This is coming from the US - from Biden admin. people like Sullivan, Blinken, Kerry, Sherman (retired), Finer, Campbell (probably not too influential), Michael Carpenter

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/24/2024 at 10:23 AM, PTINS said:

Not sure if any place has ever run out of oil, but I understand your tongue-in-cheek point.

The last wave of US refining modernization in the 80's-90's saw a shift in refining capacity from a domestic slate of a lighter, sweeter crude oil to a foreign slate of heavier, sour crude oil. The US production was continuing to decline and the production growth was coming from the middle east and South America.

When the US learned how to extract oil from shale, drilling and fracturing a 10,000 foot horizontal lateral instead of drilling vertically though the 100 foot seam, domestic production went from the "end of the Permian Basin" to the US being self sufficient in oil production for the 50+ years. Though the production volumes are much higher, it is a much lighter slate that yielded lower quantities of transportation fuels than the heavier crude slate.

To maximize refining yields, the US imports the heavier crude oil and exports the "excess" higher oil.

In the graphic below, the oil produced in the Permian (Delaware & Midland Basin's) is similar to Eagle Ford (South Texas)- Bakken (North Dakota) grades. The imported crude, not unlike Jed Clampett's bubbling crude, would be heavier than the Canadian Crude.  

image.thumb.jpeg.ce939b659c55eeb414433b7b2b82edf3.jpeg

Bakken ftw - it gets blended with that tar shit importedfrom Venezuela. 
CLS is drilling the last two wells in our lease spacing in McKenzie County.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

The most recent concern I read about was Ruzzia potentially withholding enriched uranium in trade. The US (and Europe) buy it because we stopped producing our own in hopes that closer economic ties with Ruzzia would be beneficial. Instead all it's done is leave the US and Europe vulnerable to energy shortages. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Poland - no, Czechia - No, Slovakia - Yes, Hungary - Yes, Baltics - No.

This is coming from the US - from Biden admin. people like Sullivan, Blinken, Kerry, Sherman (retired), Finer, Campbell (probably not too influential), Michael Carpenter

Yes, but Europe is much bigger than those countries. I was thinking in terms of Western Europe, but your point is taken. 

4 hours ago, Gandalfish said:

4.  "American Officials" are outright pussies.  Every.  Single.  Red. Line. that little shit has drawn, been crossed, and redrawn with no consequences.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think it's a fear of Russia collapsing and the nukes heading out of Russia proper.  That's what probably worries a lot of officials.

To me, it comes down to this, and it's a valid fear.

On any strategic endeavor, when you are gaming out accomplishing the short-term goal, the appropriate question is always "so then, what happens NEXT?"  SO....excellent news, Ukraine's military success so weakened and embarrassed the Putin regime that it collapsed, and Russia's forces largely pulled back to pre-war positions on their own accord.

But that collapse came about as multiple regional upstarts and Moscow rivals asserted their strength.  Russia is fragmented, and its government, military, and nuclear forces presently have no clear or unified command and control structure.  So...now what?

The concerning possible answers to that question are reasons to tread deliberately going forward.  An utterly collapsing Russia is likely very good for Ukraine today...and possibly very devastating for the planet in the years to come.

• Hook 'Em 7

image.png.11f152b12a6bceb980234f2723dc7417.png

Starlink is apparently available for purchase through 3rd countries but shutting down its use by Ruz has not been successful, probably because Elon Musk sucks.

https://defence--ua-com.translate.goog/news/rf_vstanovila_na_shahed_136_starlink_ochevidno_tse_bulo_lishe_pitannja_chasu-16716.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

This is the first time an enemy has used Shahed with Starlink, but it's unlikely to be the last

Ukrainian Defense Forces destroyed a Russian Shahed-136 that was equipped with SpaceX's Starlink satellite communication during a night attack today, in which 28 of 32 drones were shot down.

Defense Express received the relevant photos from its own sources. They show a satellite dish with serial numbers on it. This should allow to investigate the supply channels of the Starlink terminal.

At the same time, the question of when the Russian Federation will begin to install Starlink on its long-range UAVs was objectively only a matter of time. Because before that, the enemy had already experimented with 4G modems with Ukrainian SIM cards.

And now we are talking about a very wide and powerful feedback channel with the drone, the possibility of transmitting information from it and changing the flight task at any distance. That is, the transformation of Shahed, first of all, into a reconnaissance tool.

Starlink may be needed by the enemy in order to transmit intelligence information, for example, collected by radio technical means about the positions of Ukrainian air defense. Or, in the case of equipping the drone with cameras - images. And thanks to Starlink, the Russian Federation can use Shahed as an extremely long-range barrage munition with the possibility of reconnaissance, due to an additional camera, and hitting even moving targets.

The choice of the Shahed platform for such purposes may be related to its capabilities in terms of a flight range of about 2,000 km and a fairly significant free volume in the middle of the fuselage. It may also be related to the "creativity" in Alabuz, where these drones are assembled .

We will remind that although Starlink does not work and is not sold in the Russian Federation, Russians purchase it through third countries. At the same time, the USA is trying to fight this problem, but the problem is far from being solved.

But apparently, Washington needs to speed up a little in this matter, because Shahed from Starlink is about unlimited range control of an attack UAV with a flight range of up to 2,000 km. Because taking into account the cooperation of the Russian Federation not only with other rogue countries, but also with terrorist groups, this is already a threat not only to Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

6 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

“Your invasion of Ukraine was carried out in your own interests. Only yours. To expand your mafia state into a mafia empire. An empire built on corruption... Imperialism: I recognize it when I see it. And I will call it what it is." - UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy at the UN General Assembly. 

Well, if anyone knows about that, it’s Great Britain.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes, but to be fair I’m pretty sure that Great Britain doesn’t have any current plans to invade India, Hong Kong, or the U.S.

....only because they can't.  The brits never lack the will of utter fuckery, only the ability of utter fuckery.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

....only because they can't.  The brits never lack the will of utter fuckery, only the ability of utter fuckery.

True.  I have long hypothesized an inverse relationship over time between their imperialism game and their domestic curry game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes, but to be fair I’m pretty sure that Great Britain doesn’t have any current plans to invade India, Hong Kong, or the U.S.

That you know of!

I think they learned their lessons.  They put the world to the sword for spices they could never figure out how to use.

Fire toad in the hole!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

"Your invasion of Ukraine was carried out in your own interests. Only yours. To expand your mafia state into a mafia empire. An empire built on corruption... Imperialism: I recognize it when I see it. And I will call it what it is." - UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy at the UN General Assembly. 

You’ve never been truly chewed out until you’ve been chewed out by an Englishman.

57 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Canada?

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

You’ve never been truly chewed out until you’ve been chewed out by an Englishman.

Canada?

Nah, they are cool. But the Falklands.... That is where their rebirth shall begin. Like holding madagascar with 5 armies in Risk. You know you can make the counter attack and take back the map if you can hold onto it.

Just never think Ukraine is weak.

michael richards seinfeld GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nah, they are cool. But the Falklands.... That is where their rebirth shall begin. Like holding madagascar with 5 armies in Risk. You know you can make the counter attack and take back the map if you can hold onto it.

Just never think Ukraine is weak.

michael richards seinfeld GIF

You mispelled "Las Malvinas," you dirty Inglaterran bastard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

"The United States plans to announce more than $8 billion worth of military assistance for Ukraine on Thursday during Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's visit to Washington, two U.S. officials said on Wednesday...

A second announcement slated for Thursday will be for $2.4 billion worth of aid under the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative program, which allows the administration to buy weapons for Ukraine from companies rather than pull them from U.S. weapons stocks."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Meh, fuck argentina. I will be nice when the world realizes their regime was just as bad, if not worse, than Pinochet. That is saying something.

I watched "Kiss of the Spiderwoman" on Showtime in high school sometime in the mid-to-late-1980s. It didn't make me want to visit Argentina very much.

• Hook 'Em 2

Hey guyz, the war is forever! (that guy gets it - this was isn't going to end in a tidy little victory for Russia).

And the result has to be complete Russian control over Ukraine.  Maybe they need to liberate Kursk first.  And some of those guys pour a pitcher of cold water over the guy's ideas about dividing and controlling Ukraine.  I'm surprised they aren't taking a long walk out of high-rise window.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hey guyz, the war is forever! (that guy gets it - this was isn't going to end in a tidy little victory for Russia).

And the result has to be complete Russian control over Ukraine.  Maybe they need to liberate Kursk first.  And some of those guys pour a pitcher of cold water over the guy's ideas about dividing and controlling Ukraine.  I'm surprised they aren't taking a long walk out of high-rise window.

Their little argument reminds me of the wishful thinking we heard during the Charlie Strong years about Texas making a comeback. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Billy Liucci would kill it on Russian television.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

New Nuke doctrine in the making.

Vladimir Putin says Russia would consider an attack from a non-nuclear state that was backed by a nuclear-armed one to be a "joint attack", in what could be construed as a threat to use nuclear weapons in the war in Ukraine.

In key remarks on Wednesday night, the Russian president said his government was considering changing the rules and preconditions around which Russia would use its nuclear arsenal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c5yjej0rvw0o

• Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Meh, fuck argentina. I will be nice when the world realizes their regime was just as bad, if not worse, than Pinochet. That is saying something.

1) the Mothers of the Disappeared would certainly agree.

Beatrice_MurchFlickr._Some_rights_reserv

2) BUT.....Argentina also has significant charms...

5vydbsyj8s811.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1