Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I don’t wanna mess up the thread by cross-posting the article, but I think Hezbollah is reporting that they injured or killed some Israeli top general using the exact same technology.   That should have Russian/Iranian fingerprints all over it.   As the Israelis were hitting Russian connected bases in Syria, this seems tangentially related.

Back to Ukraine

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

A very interesting graphic is being discussed on Russian channels this evening, including by the well-known Zakhar Prilepin.

It reflects the results of a survey on attitudes toward the "Military Actions" in Russia, broken down by profession.

As we can see, the overwhelming majority of science workers, that is, the most educated segment of the population, are against military actions. A similar thing can be said about those who are obtaining this education—almost half of the students do not support the war.

The Russians have raised quite an outcry over this graphic. Prilepin says the following: "The student body, and this is terrible, is also split down the middle. That is, half of future Russia doesn't care about its own army. But look at our science (the very bottom of the chart). And that’s a total nightmare. Our science has been bought out and continues to be bought out."

He says the same thing about culture: "Culture is split down the middle as well, but clearly due to the provinces. In Moscow, 90 percent are against it—compared to the 10 who are for it, and who can almost be named individually."

As could be expected, the war is categorically supported by as much as 80% of law enforcement officers—those who directly benefit from it, and 62% of civil servants, who are directly dependent on the state. Surprisingly (ish), the supporters also include a majority of pensioners—those who, due to their age, will not be participating in the war.

Meanwhile, people from more modern, intellectual professions have no interest in this "special operation." And these are only the official numbers. We can only guess how many people are truly against it but are afraid to say so out loud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I don’t wanna mess up the thread by cross-posting the article, but I think Hezbollah is reporting that they injured or killed some Israeli top general using the exact same technology.   That should have Russian/Iranian fingerprints all over it.   As the Israelis were hitting Russian connected bases in Syria, this seems tangentially related.

Back to Ukraine

There is an interesting, and scary, expansion of this war that could take place now that the Norks are in.    Ukraine, South Korea and Israel might find a reason to team up on means, material and methodology and employ that in a variety of places.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

There is an interesting, and scary, expansion of this war that could take place now that the Norks are in.    Ukraine, South Korea and Israel might find a reason to team up on means, material and methodology and employ that in a variety of places.

Also Taiwan.  Lots of saber rattling from the Chicoms with their anaconda around Taiwan exercises.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I think this war has reminded us of how Russians’ willingness to die for no reason, combined with their ability to cobble together old junk that is just barely capable of killing a few Ukrainians before getting blowed up is an effective tactic.  Hard for a civilized person to believe it, but these people a Russians, not normals.

In a hypothetical NATO v Russian/Belarussian/NK alliance are we sure we could beat these guys?  Are we sure we wouldn’t run out of missiles and bombs before they ran out of Landa’s and conscripts?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

I think this war has reminded us of how Russians’ willingness to die for no reason, combined with their ability to cobble together old junk that is just barely capable of killing a few Ukrainians before getting blowed up is an effective tactic.  Hard for a civilized person to believe it, but these people a Russians, not normals.

In a hypothetical NATO v Russian/Belarussian/NK alliance are we sure we could beat these guys?  Are we sure we wouldn’t run out of missiles and bombs before they ran out of Landa’s and conscripts?

In this hypothetical match-up, Russian air defense would be 95% destroyed in two weeks and then we would be absolutely mauling them from the air.

Yes, NATO would have to dramatically ramp up arms production, but you are talking about World War 3, so assuming the nukes don't fly, I think they could pull that off.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gandalfish said:

In this hypothetical match-up, Russian air defense would be 95% destroyed in two weeks and then we would be absolutely mauling them from the air.

Yes, NATO would have to dramatically ramp up arms production, but you are talking about World War 3, so assuming the nukes don't fly, I think they could pull that off.

Half the Russian general staff would be dead, comms would be down, Putin would do his shit talking from a bunker, and the Kremlin would have some smoking craters. And most of their railroads would be hit hard, and the repair crews sent out would have their equipment destroyed,  and a shitload of bridges would have been dropped.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Half the Russian general staff would be dead, comms would be down, Putin would do his shit talking from a bunker, and the Kremlin would have some smoking craters. And most of their railroads would be hit hard, and the repair crews sent out would have their equipment destroyed,  and a shitload of bridges would have been dropped.

Not to mention that 90% of their navy, and practically anything not MEANT to submerge, would be under water in less than 48 hours.
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Not to mention that 90% of their navy, and practically anything not MEANT to submerge, would be under water in less than 48 hours.

And we'd have isolated and bought off anyone connected with nukes.  The solution to the nuke problem isn't more nukes, its money and the gift of continued life.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Back to Ukraine

So the technology we've been using on the TOW missile since the 60s? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

So the technology we've been using on the TOW missile since the 60s? 

Meh.  I was only noting there was a video of the Russians using that technology on their drones in Ukraine- which I, perhaps mistakenly,  took as a new thing….for them.  On drones.   

I was not implying that it was some sort of new wonder weapon, just that if this was a recent Russian development on their drones, then I assume the terrorists were getting them from Iran with Russian help. 

I know absolutely zilch about Russian drone tech. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Meh.  I was only noting there was a video of the Russians using that technology on their drones in Ukraine- which I, perhaps mistakenly,  took as a new thing….for them.  On drones.   

I was not implying that it was some sort of new wonder weapon, just that if this was a recent Russian development on their drones, then I assume the terrorists were getting them from Iran with Russian help. 

I know absolutely zilch about Russian drone tech. 

I didn't me for my reply to sound snarky to you personally. Just think it's wild they are touting this "new" technology we've been using since the 60s. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I didn't me for my reply to sound snarky to you personally. Just think it's wild they are touting this "new" technology we've been using since the 60s. 

np buddy.  Really, who could imagine a nation without flushing toilets in most of the country would be behind technologically?   If you think about the happiness bomb truth that is, “We’re just lucky they’re so fucking dumb”, you have to add another equally fortuitous,  “We’re lucky they’re so fucking backward”, and perhaps a “We’re lucky they’re so fucking corrupt.”

To think we were afraid of those guys for so many years.

On 10/13/2024 at 8:26 AM, KYHorn said:

Another video from the original thread:

Initially, you can here the woosh sound of of high pressure gas leaking and igniting with a distinct column of fire. Than the woosh sound quickly changes as the tank ruptures, and the rapidly expanding vapor cloud ignites into a catastrophic explosion.

BLEVE - or Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion, is a catastrophic explosion that occurs when a pressurized vessel containing a liquid at a temperature higher than its boiling point ruptures. The rapid depressurization of the liquid (tank rupturing) causes it to instantly transition into vapor, releasing a large amount of energy.

I've posted previously that they usually find the photographer's camera and the body nearby. Based on the google earth picture, the large tank rolling towards the camera did not rupture, though it is leaking from the relief valve and there is a small plume emanating from the tank. The tank that ruptured appeared to be one of the smaller tanks, ~ 500-1,000 gallons.

The tank rolling and tumbling towards the camera looks to be ~ 40-50,000 gallon capacity.

Good thing the bigger one didn't rupture.

Edit: 

Holy Fuck!!! I didn't see the 2nd video til I posted.

The tank rolling along the ground in the first video's is seen airborne in the last video. 

Edited by PTINS
new info
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

We see how badly Russia treats their own conscripts.  Can't imagine how bad they'll be to the NK soldiers.

South Korea is cool with that.

56 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Especially with the language barrier.

How hard is it to say run forward at machine gun? NORKS have not fought since when? Sure they parade purty, so does aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Gonna be like those zombie shooter games I play on my phone.

Pretty much, if you think the casualty count is high now, hold your beer.  The shortage of shells might have been so 2023, the Ukrainians may now need all the bullets imaginable.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Pretty much, if you think the casualty count is high now, hold your beer.  The shortage of shells might have been so 2023, the Ukrainians may now need all the bullets imaginable.  

Or a lot more thermite drones. Such a shame that CAS is still too dangerous on the front line… can you imagine the absolute WORK that Vietnam era planes like the A-10 and F-4 would be putting in?!

Depleted uranium rounds and napalm would make for a lot of Nork soup…
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

Or a lot more thermite drones. Such a shame that CAS is still too dangerous on the front line… can you imagine the absolute WORK that Vietnam era planes like the A-10 and F-4 would be putting in?!

Depleted uranium rounds and napalm would make for a lot of Nork soup…

A-10's? Vietnam = A-1's, A-4's and A-6. I got corrected on the football thread so no fucking  way I am letting an aircraft mistake ever pass on this site. Ever.

Even ordered a few copies of Jane's Combat Aircraft cuz I don't trust the googles.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

A-10's? Vietnam = A-1's, A-4's and A-6. I got corrected on the football thread so no fucking  way I am letting an aircraft mistake ever pass on this site. Ever.

Even ordered a few copies of Jane's Combat Aircraft cuz I don't trust the googles.

Good point, but the A-10 was mostly inspired by the A-1's CAS, load carrying, and loitering abilities, and I believe that the project started right at the end of the Vietnam War.  Close enough for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Good point, but the A-10 was mostly inspired by the A-1's CAS, load carrying, and loitering abilities, and I believe that the project started right at the end of the Vietnam War.  Close enough for me.

I thought the A1 was a steak sauce.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

If you are going to be like that, and I think you are because you touch yourself, we must go further back.

P-47 --- A-1 for instance. I think you would need to look more at the A-26's to see the job and compare. The A-26 is just not as well known. First instance I could find though was the Curtis Falcon. We got any of these we can give Ukraine?

image.jpeg.170048cdb5474c63cdc3df85a635058a.jpeg

Fuck Russia. Thanks to all for this thread. Back in an office. What started off as a three day tour as me marooned in an island and there is not a Mary Anne in sight. I have to listen to Gilligan fight with the Howells all day. This thread keeps me updated.

дякую
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My dad says quite often I am here thanks to A-1's and Spooky. Best model he ever made (to date) was a Skyraider in Vietnamese colors. Used n Korea.

The Douglas A-1 Skyraider (formerly designated AD before the 1962 unification of Navy and Air Force designations) is an American single-seat attack aircraft in service from 1946 to the early 1980s. According to wiki they did not fare well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-1_Skyraider

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I believe it is actually a watermelon liqueur. 

I did not know that and in about 5 minutes I hope to not know that again unless it makes a good fruity drink that can get me laid.

Designated - 1970
First Flight - 1975
Adopted - 1977

Close enough…
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

My dad says quite often I am here thanks to A-1's and Spooky. Best model he ever made (to date) was a Skyraider in Vietnamese colors. Used n Korea.

The Douglas A-1 Skyraider (formerly designated AD before the 1962 unification of Navy and Air Force designations) is an American single-seat attack aircraft in service from 1946 to the early 1980s. According to wiki they did not fare well.

A-1>A-37>A-10>...supposedly F-35.  But really the A-29 is the more apt comparison.

A-29_Super_Tucano_arrives_at_Edwards_Air_Force_Base_California_Aug._18.webp

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

fuck yes toilet bomb

Screenshot 2024-10-15 110027.png

• Haha 1