Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

My dad says quite often I am here thanks to A-1's and Spooky. Best model he ever made (to date) was a Skyraider in Vietnamese colors. Used n Korea.
The Douglas A-1 Skyraider (formerly designated AD before the 1962 unification of Navy and Air Force designations) is an American single-seat attack aircraft in service from 1946 to the early 1980s. According to wiki they did not fare well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-1_Skyraider

My old man has said the same thing, almost verbatim. He also mentioned that I owed a ton of my existence to some extremely unassuming, but ballsy South Vietnamese Huey pilots.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 10/15/2024 at 8:00 AM, Chad Fuck said:

A-1>A-37>A-10>...supposedly F-35.  But really the A-29 is the more apt comparison.

A-29_Super_Tucano_arrives_at_Edwards_Air_Force_Base_California_Aug._18.webp

That’s the type of plane at the end of Flight of the Intruder right?

Is Sandy a nickname of the plane? Or was it the call sign for the pilot?

Either way, underrated Vietnam war flick. 

20 minutes ago, Superhero said:

That’s the type of plane at the end of Flight of the Intruder right?

Is Sandy a nickname of the plane? Or was it the call sign for the pilot?

Either way, underrated Vietnam war flick. 

Yes re Flight of the Intruder.

"Sandy" was the callsign of the mission flown by A-1s.  Combat Search and Rescue:

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/first-csar-missions-story-1-skyraider-became-known-sandy/

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

How was anyone alive in that APC after that? 

At that range even a high explosive anti-tank round would just pass clean through the armor on both sides of the APC.  Anyone in the direct path of the round was fucked, and spall from the APC armor would hit others, but everyone else probably ran away with a very bad headache.  Until the machine gun fire you see in the video finishes the job, anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

At that range even a high explosive anti-tank round would just pass clean through the armor on both sides of the APC.  Anyone in the direct path of the round was fucked, and spall from the APC armor would hit others, but everyone else probably ran away with a very bad headache.  Until the machine gun fire you see in the video finishes the job, anyway.

Another video showed there were people on top. As you said, the round probably went straight through and those on top were actually protected enough to walk away... who knows for how long

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

I’m shocked it can lift one. I’m guessing it’s welded plate steel to keep the weight modest?

It's a good question, I'm thinking a normal one weighs at least a couple of hundred pounds.  Generally speaking there is some steel in them for form, reinforcement, and to have any eye-bolt.  Maybe these are lighter which is fine for how they are using them (my understanding is that they are setting these at night on roads they know the Russian's are sending Ladas with ammo at high speed and no lights to avoid drone attack, thus causing high speed wrecks with them).   

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BamaATL said:

It's a good question, I'm thinking a normal one weighs at least a couple of hundred pounds.  Generally speaking there is some steel in them for form, reinforcement, and to have any eye-bolt.  Maybe these are lighter which is fine for how they are using them (my understanding is that they are setting these at night on roads they know the Russian's are sending Ladas with ammo at high speed and no lights to avoid drone attack, thus causing high speed wrecks with them).   

Oh! Yeah I vaguely recall seeing a video from the Russian perspective describing that implementation. In that case, these could be made from aluminum, fiberglass, or carbon fiber plate and welded/epoxied or bolted together and definitely fuck up a Lada. Fun!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@_nickmelnick/post/DBRP9D9Ix3D?xmt=AQGzdn4y8S2UWO-eQN5IT0C1prUWKkJ_B2GcDkYV85uy4A

️A Russian soldier published a video showing North Korean soldiers training at a military range in Russia.
The head of Ukrainian intelligence, Budanov, claims that Russia is preparing 11,000 North Korean soldiers, with at least 2,600 of them set to be deployed to fight in the Kursk region as early as November.
South Korea made a similar statement, estimating that 12,000 North Korean soldiers will take part in the war against Ukraine.

https://www.threads.net/@reuters/post/DBQx683uZCd?xmt=AQGzdn4y8S2UWO-eQN5IT0C1prUWKkJ_B2GcDkYV85uy4A

Canada to give C$65 million in military aid to Ukraine 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

https://www.threads.net/@thestarsandstripes/post/DBRL7bIRgka?xmt=AQGzdn4y8S2UWO-eQN5IT0C1prUWKkJ_B2GcDkYV85uy4A

Google, Meta and TikTok have removed social media accounts belonging to an industrial plant in Russia’s Tatarstan region aimed at recruiting young foreign women to make drones for Moscow’s war in Ukraine.

https://www.threads.net/@tsua_23/post/DBRatZ4IE5s?xmt=AQGzwPqP1X3ujGyUSEUxAqsWAoQzffpMhihMjPzI-amKkA

For the second time in the last three days, a Russian suicide AFV with paratroopers has been shot at point-blank range by a Ukrainian tank in the Kursk region.
The orcs have gone absolutely bonkers 🤦‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

https://www.threads.net/@24hoursofukraine/post/DBRuBjetRs1?xmt=AQGzlmBaJd4S4BPwF0cEef_TfFJ0ZLSRJb3I2CQrCuYUKw

Boom 💥 Temporarily occupied Luhansk, Ukraine. Today, the chief of staff of military service and security of military unit 53847, Russian Major Dmitry Vladimirovich Pervukha, was liquidated. His car exploded in the city center.

https://www.threads.net/@24hoursofukraine/post/DBRptuGtS5v?xmt=AQGzlmBaJd4S4BPwF0cEef_TfFJ0ZLSRJb3I2CQrCuYUKw+

South Korean President calls emergency meeting over DPRK troop movements to russia, –– Bloomberg.

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Andriy Sybiha calls on the Euro-Atlantic community to act immediately, as ‘the DPRK, together with russia, are invading Europe’ using regular troops as cannon fodder.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think being forced to accept aid from North Korea is the final indicator of your failure as a country

5 hours ago, Handcruser said:

So a nation state is sending troops to Ukraine to fight on behalf of Russia. What is the chance some other nation state will send troops to fight on behalf of Ukraine 

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.  It's like desperately seeking advice on how to be cool from aggy yell leaders.

It’s worse - if they are being sent to Kursk to fight, that means Russia is relying on North Korea to liberate Russian territory.

Also means Russia is out of troops elsewhere that they could spare.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s worse - if they are being sent to Kursk to fight, that means Russia is relying on North Korea to liberate Russian territory.

Another way to look at it: Chinese are massing on the western front of Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

It could mean both of those things.

BUT....it also means that Russia is making a smart move: use DPRK troops ONLY on Russian soil.  Because if Russia and the DPRK deploy troops into Ukraine, then the DPRK just became a combatant in a European country where it does NOT have permission to be.  That would be a big fucking move.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

The role the GOP should've been playing in one accord this entire time

Why has the Biden-Harris Administration failed to actively brief Congress about the movement of North Korean troops into Russia?

Today, I sent a letter to President Biden demanding that his administration give @HouseIntel answers and that the use of North Korean troops against Ukraine must be a red line for the United States and NATO.

IMG_20241018_232642.thumb.jpg.f01c6dcd67616b48866039b9d15118cb.jpg

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1