Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

It'll catch up with them eventually and this is just the beginning

"The [russian] authorities explained with shocking frankness why people cried out for help for several hours and were burned alive without receiving it during the fire in Fryazino [near Moscow]. The reason is the low salaries of firefighters and emergency workers. Nobody wants to work and risk their lives for 40-60 thousand rubles. Everyone has gone to the front; they promise 200. By the way, the building is on fire again." 

Former Wagner PMC member Vladislav Zamkov returned to the town of Pitkyaranta, Republic of Karelia, Russia, and showed the state of the town. According to Zamkov, he killed more than 200 people in the war, and his apartment was taken away from him for debt. Now he, his wife and three children are homeless and owe the Putin regime more than a million rubles. "What did I fight for? Why did I kill people I didn't know at all? I came to another country and conducted these operations there. I killed more than two hundred people. Why did I take their lives and bring grief to their families? So that I could return to my country and find myself useless?" Zamkov asks. Why do they always come up with these questions after they go to another independent country to kill and loot?

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/06/26/frontline-report-russia-deploys-blocking-units-to-prevent-increasing-desertions-in-kharkiv-direction-by-force/

Juiciest bit:

However, Ukrainian Khortytsia Group of Forces Spokesperson Nazar Voloshyn revealed that, in reality, Akhmat forces are serving as blocking units. These specialized disciplinary units are tasked with preventing unauthorized retreats by firing on their own troops if they attempt to withdraw to the international border area. Military analysts have noted that, based on the Akhmat forces’ previous actions in other parts of the frontline, their deployment to Kharkiv is likely intended solely for this purpose, rather than for conducting genuine offensive operations.

Interestingly, Ukrainians have strategically exploited this situation by targeting the deployment sites of Chechen forces, thereby ensuring that the chaos and retreat of Russian soldiers continue unimpeded by these punishment squads. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

If you're not watching right now, Ukraine is in yellow and Belgium is (uncustomarily) wearing light blue.

In the other game in the group that is going on right now, Slovakia is in light blue and Romania is in yellow.

And that's just really cool of all of the teams concerned.

Agreed, very cool.

I would hate to be one of the teams playing against Ukraine.  But they're all competitors and the best way to respect them and honor them, is to play as tough as you can.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Belgium looks like Argentina or Uruguay.

One post and finds this thread? @immamac Should we watch this poster?

Seems like Inka almost had a NowThis moment. Unfortunately, Inka is more interested in international football than pegging.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

Crazy, about to start seeing norks in Ukraine?

Kyiv Post: Pyongyang Says It Will Send Troops to Ukraine Within a Month

Pyongyang announced early this week that it will be sending troops in the form of a military engineering unit to support Russian forces on the ground in the Donetsk region. The troops are expected to arrive on the battlefield as soon as next month.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 6

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Kyiv Post: Pyongyang Says It Will Send Troops to Ukraine Within a Month

Pyongyang announced early this week that it will be sending troops in the form of a military engineering unit to support Russian forces on the ground in the Donetsk region. The troops are expected to arrive on the battlefield as soon as next month.

Real reason...

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-troops-ukraine-aiding-russia-cannon-fodder-pentagon-2024-6

North Korean troops will become 'cannon fodder' if they aid Russia in Ukraine, Pentagon says

North Korean troops that are sent to Ukraine to aid in Russia's war would become "cannon fodder," the Pentagon said.

Pentagon Press Secretary Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder said on Tuesday that "I think that if I were North Korean military personnel management, I would be questioning my choices on sending my forces to be cannon fodder in an illegal war against Ukraine."

Ryder was responding to a question about North Korea potentially dispatching army engineering units to Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region, which is occupied by Russia.

According to South Korea's TV Chosun, citing a South Korean government official and referenced by Reuters, North Korea is planning to send construction and engineering forces to occupied Ukraine as soon as next month for rebuilding work.

Countries including the US and Japan condemned the move, with South Korea saying it was considering sending weapons to Ukraine as a result. South Korea's president described the pact as a threat to his nation's security.

Ryder described North Korea potentially sending military forces to Russia as "certainly something to keep an eye on," and hinted at the high number of Russian casualties throughout the war.

The UK Ministry of Defence said at the end of May that the total number of killed or wounded Russian soldiers since February 2022 was around 500,000.

It also said that the average daily number of Russian personnel casualties in May was over 1,200.

Russia is known for treating its own troops as highly disposable.

This includes through using "meat wave" tactics, where it sends waves of poorly trained and unsupported soldiers toward Ukrainian positions to try to overwhelm them.

A Russian soldier who plans offensives said this month that he has to send men forward knowing they will likely die, but doesn't tell them how low their chances of survival are.

"I can't tell the men, otherwise they wouldn't fight with the hope of winning," he said.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That would be crazy, and not sure what Lil Kim will do when some of his better-trained units start dying in large numbers.  He has nothing to lose, given the sanctions against him, other than manpower.

They aren’t going to be “rebuilding” anything either, at least anything civilian-related. They are probably there because they are trained and know how to use Soviet equipment, and they are probably going to be helping with bridging/river work and setting up fortifications.

I think the bigger thing is that this shows how poorly-trained Russia’s military is right now and that they are struggling for cannon fodder.  Relying on North Korea to fill their engineering shortage means that Russia is unable to spend the time to properly train engineers/sappers/etc.   When they round up hundreds of thousands of conscripts, there are going to be plenty of men with some kind of training that’s conducive to being a combat engineer, but they are instead sending them to the front.   That’s some desperation right there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Breaking Points spends much of their time crapping on things, including the Ukraine war. Is that what this?

ETA

That scientist would be more believable if he'd trim his eyebrows.

That whole outlet is garbage.  They RAN, gleefully, with the "Ukraine targeted Russian civilians on Crimean beach!" story, without pausing for a millisecond to actually watch the video to realize that it was the result of the Russian interception of a missile that was NOT targeting the beach....nevermind the fucking stupidity of not even pondering the question of "why would Ukraine use one of its limited supply of ATACMS to bomb.....people on a beach?"

Fucking stupidity.  And amplifying it is stupidity.  Negged.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Oh, good. That guy is back. Iron Dome doesn't work. SM-3 doesn't work. And now it is the US's fault if Russia starts a nuclear war because Ukraine was allowed to target a Russian facility utilized to attack Ukraine. 

"looking at Putin with a very clear eye . . . it is very clear that he is an extreme stable, strategic, thinker... and he is not going to be provoked ... and it appears the United States is trying to provoke him to do something silly

Putin sits at 70 foot-long tables because he’s afraid of COVID or assassination attempts, he takes armored trains around when he can, he spends a lot of time in bunkers and rarely appears in Moscow, and when he appears among the “peasants” it’s actually his security detail (who has the same agents who have been photographed numerous times wearing different uniforms/costumes).

But he’s going to totally start a nuclear war that guarantees he will be the West’s number one target, and that will ensure he will die or at the least see all of his assets wiped out.

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Oh, good. That guy is back. Iron Dome doesn't work. SM-3 doesn't work. And now it is the US's fault if Russia starts a nuclear war because Ukraine was allowed to target a Russian facility utilized to attack Ukraine. 

"looking at Putin with a very clear eye . . . it is very clear that he is an extreme stable, strategic, thinker... and he is not going to be provoked ... and it appears the United States is trying to provoke him to do something silly"

Fuck that guy. 

Thanks for saving the rest of us at least a few minutes 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/26/europe/evan-gershkovich-trial-begin-russia-intl/index.html

Evan Gershkovich, the first American journalist to be arrested on espionage charges in Russia since the Cold War, went on trial Wednesday, appearing in a Russian courtroom’s glass cage with his head recently shaved.

Gershkovich, 32, was arrested while reporting for the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), which he joined in January 2022, just weeks before Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine. While many newsrooms subsequently pulled their reporters out of Russia, Gershkovich remained, covering the war and how it was changing life in the country.

He was arrested while on a reporting trip in the city of Yekaterinburg in March 2023 and later accused of spying for the CIA. Gershkovich, the US government, and the WSJ have vehemently denied the charges against him. Within two weeks of his arrest in March 2023, the US State Department designated him as wrongfully detained and called for his immediate release.

The press was briefly allowed into the courtroom 15 minutes before Wednesday’s hearing began at 11 a.m. local time (2 a.m. ET). During earlier appeals against his pre-trial detention, Gershkovich has made love-heart signs and given a thumbs-up to his friends, family and supporters. On Wednesday, Gershkovich stood cross-armed, seeming healthy and composed, occasionally smiling and waving to the crowd of reporters.

No reporters will be allowed into the courtroom during the trial itself, which is expected to last months. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in prison. After Wednesday’s hearing wrapped early afternoon, court officials said the trial would resume on August 13, state news agency TASS reported.

The trial of Gershkovich, the American-born son of Soviet-era emigres to the US, has highlighted the extent to which Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has harmed relations between Moscow and Washington.

In their indictment, Russian prosecutors said that “under instructions from the CIA” and “using painstaking conspiratorial methods,” Gershkovich “was collecting secret information” about a Russian tank factory. Russian authorities have not publicly offered any evidence for their claims.

Before being transferred to Yekaterinburg, Gershkovich was held in Moscow’s notorious Lefortovo prison, spending almost every hour of the day in a small cell as his pre-trial detention period was extended several times. He has passed the time by writing letters to his friends and family, his parents, Ella Milman and Mikhail Gershkovich, said in a recent interview with the WSJ.

Western officials and analysts have accused Russia of using jailed Americans as political pawns. Discussing the case of Ksenia Karelina – a US-Russian dual citizen also on trial in Yekaterinburg after being accused of donating $51 to a Ukrainian charity – Russian investigative journalist Andrei Soldatov told CNN that Russia aims “to build up a bank of hostages with American passports,” which Moscow can use “as leverage” in any negotiations with Washington.

In an interview with American right-wing pundit Tucker Carlson, Russian President Vladimir Putin suggested the Kremlin could be willing to free Gershkovich in exchange for Vadim Krasikov, a former colonel from Russia’s domestic spy organization who was convicted of assassinating a former Chechen fighter in broad daylight in Berlin in 2019.

“Listen, I’ll tell you: sitting in one country, a country that is an ally of the United States, is a man who, for patriotic reasons, eliminated a bandit in one of the European c

f_webp

• Rage+1 5

Western officials and analysts have accused Russia of using jailed Americans as political pawns. Discussing the case of Ksenia Karelina – a US-Russian dual citizen also on trial in Yekaterinburg after being accused of donating $51 to a Ukrainian charity – Russian investigative journalist Andrei Soldatov told CNN that Russia aims “to build up a bank of hostages with American passports,” which Moscow can use “as leverage” in any negotiations with Washington.

This is why, for every American that Russia kidnaps to hold hostage, we kill a Russian who is 1) somewhere abroad and 2) somehow important to Putin.  

Russians and Putin understand one thing: brute force.  They use our respect for life against us.  Fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

Serious question- Has Russia learned anything new from World War 2? They do the same things but don't have the benefit of millions of Ukranians to throw into the meat grinder. I think I read on this thread that 40% of the Red Army was from Ukraine. 

7 minutes ago, qwertyu1234 said:

Serious question- Has Russia learned anything new from World War 2? They do the same things but don't have the benefit of millions of Ukranians to throw into the meat grinder. I think I read on this thread that 40% of the Red Army was from Ukraine. 

Are you new here?!  Russia is Aggy, Aggy is Russia.  Never in History have we witnessed such a potent combination of incompetence, arrogance and a complete void of introspection.  Agg…Russia thinks they’re…special…because they lose despite the fact they try so hard to win.  

Edited by Parliament

"Baba Yaga dropped the mines. That's the story..."

A Russian soldier films the result of remote mining by a Ukrainian heavy drone of a road on which Russian equipment was moving. It seems that the group of the author of this video, "rushing" to help their screaming and burned comrades, is more interested in filming content than in providing them with first aid and proper evacuation.

Things getting... spicier.

Chasiv Yar, Ukraine. Russia is destroying the city with Solntsepyok multiple rocket launchers.

Russians are mercilessly shelling Chasiv Yar with Solntsepyok heavy flamethrower systems - a terrible weapon that uses thermobaric warheads.

The soldiers of the 24th Mechanized Brigade named after King Danylo are holding the settlement and destroying the invaders, the most fierce fighting continues in the area of the Siverskyi Donets-Donbas Canal.

• Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

"The Russians in the Kharkiv Region have well trapped themselves. The video shows a small fragment of the road along which podors carry out basic logistical tasks. As you can see, there are 4 destroyed Russian cars, at least 4 killed Russian soldiers and a torn up unidentified armored vehicle on a gooseneck in a small area, 200 meters from the road. This is how almost the entire logistics route looks like. For Russians, this is complete hell."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

you know.... China... if you are fucking worried about your regarded little cousins in NK getting fucking nukes you could end this shit in 10 fucking seconds by telling Putin if he sells any tech to NK, you stop buying Russian oil.

i mean that would scare the fucking shit out of Putin because they are literally the last country to buy their oil right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Things getting... spicier.

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you know.... China... if you are fucking worried about your regarded little cousins in NK getting fucking nukes you could end this shit in 10 fucking seconds by telling Putin if he sells any tech to NK, you stop buying Russian oil.

i mean that would scare the fucking shit out of Putin because they are literally the last country to buy their oil right now. 

Yeah, I’d have to think that China will be letting Moscow know that letting Lil Kim level up to long range systems through cheat codes won’t sit well with them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1