Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Seems like Russia is counter attacking in Kursk 

Video of an armored column with at least 8 tanks and armored vehicles from the Russian VDV's 51st Airborne Regiment assaulting Snagost in Kursk oblast. It appears Russia was able to get the armored force across the Seym River, despite Ukrainian strikes on the bridges. @Deepstate_UA says the situation has worsened on Ukraine's left flank in Kursk oblast. 

• Rage+1 6

6 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Seems like Russia is counter attacking in Kursk 

Video of an armored column with at least 8 tanks and armored vehicles from the Russian VDV's 51st Airborne Regiment assaulting Snagost in Kursk oblast. It appears Russia was able to get the armored force across the Seym River, despite Ukrainian strikes on the bridges. @Deepstate_UA says the situation has worsened on Ukraine's left flank in Kursk oblast. 

Well it sure as hell is not what they brought in 1943.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

The White House has submitted a secret report to Congress outlining the strategy for the war in Ukraine. This follows a requirement set in a $61 billion aid package passed in April, with a deadline for June. The report was sent to lawmakers on September 9, but they have not yet had the opportunity to review it.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

The White House has submitted a secret report to Congress outlining the strategy for the war in Ukraine. This follows a requirement set in a $61 billion aid package passed in April, with a deadline for June. The report was sent to lawmakers on September 9, but they have not yet had the opportunity to review it.

Might be something they want to read. How soon until it is leaked to the media?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I met with @U24_gov_ua Ambassador and historian @TimothyDSnyder, where we had an important conversation about Ukraine.

We appreciate Timothy Snyder’s work on the UNITED24 platform, his fundraising efforts for Ukraine, and his support for our struggle.

This is a record-breaking fundraiser and a very important help in the defense of our state and people. I am grateful for his educational work and for spreading knowledge about Ukraine’s history.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Might be something they want to read. How soon until it is leaked to the media?

In fairness, it is probably bullshit. If the strategy is to bleed Russia, that isn't what the report will say. It will be the most politically expedient response.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Meh, don't waste drones on it. Let it sit in dry dock and it will sink on its own.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Admit it, it would be fucking hilarious if they managed to hit it.

Like just one.  Leave one charred spot on the deck and make them move the thing.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Like just one.  Leave one charred spot on the deck and make them move the thing.

If they are going to do that then go after the creme de la creme of the soviet (yeah I said it) fleet. Drones fly up the SSBN tunnels and do their thing. Putin does not have the convict labor the Soviets did to fix them.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Russian Narrator: We can’t move the thing because it is not capable of moving.  It does retain its awesome tactical strategic role as a small, stationary airport for fighter jets, however.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The media has decided to introduce Margarita Simonyan, Surly's favorite RILF, to the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/meet-margarita-simonyan-queen-of-russia-s-covert-information-wars/ar-AA1qonSo

TLDR; She's proud of being sanctioned, proud of spreading propaganda.

She will look great in the next Nuremberg.

• Hook 'Em 3

Russian Telegram channels posted a video showing a long traffic jam of fuel vans on the Moscow Ring Road. Reportedly, the video was taken at 6 a.m. today near the turn to the Moscow oil refinery in the Kapotnya district. On September 1, there was a fire there after a drone attack. In the comments, it was assumed that fuel is being removed from the refinery after the drone attack.

EDIT: Correction to earlier tweet:

Today in Kyiv, @SecBlinken said he'll take back what #Ukraine's told them they need (including long-range missile use) to president Biden - adding UK PM Kier Starmer (not president Zelensky as some have reported) will meet with Biden in 2 days time to discuss this issue further. Blinken also announced $325 million in aid for Ukraine's energy & electric grid. $290 million for humanitarian aid & $102 million for demining. Made it clear the U.S. "wants Ukraine to win and is fully committed to Ukraine's victory." 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The media has decided to introduce Margarita Simonyan, Surly's favorite RILF, to the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/meet-margarita-simonyan-queen-of-russia-s-covert-information-wars/ar-AA1qonSo

Tucker fucker?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She always looks greasy to me and lol @ "beaver eater". Totally expected something else with that nickname. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Apparently, these same guys destroyed a cell tower earlier in the week for 30k of rubles.  Honestly, with Russia employing a predominantly mercenary army, this may be one of the most cost effective ways to put this to an end, start covertly paying them to destroy any and all equipment.  

image.gif.9d001cb5822ffbeb44b56d58f58ef07b.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I dunno why but this song just came to mind.

Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called "life"
Electric word, life
It means forever, and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you there's something else:
The afterworld
A world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day or night
So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
You know the one, Dr. Everything'll-Be-All-Right
Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, babe
'Cause in this life
Things are much harder than in the afterworld
In this life
You're on your own
And if de-elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy (Punch a higher floor)

image.thumb.png.0de5f22ec910a8ddbb5ef1a5e1dd2f7d.png

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/sep/11/blinken-hints-us-will-lift-restrictions-on-ukraine-using-long-range-arms-in-russia

other bits from the article as confirmation

image.thumb.png.578729bbde7d0213e11a94b3fa5b346a.png

image.thumb.png.84620a454e32815c7843e3f95e1a03c8.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Are our journalists just running articles claiming we’re agreeing to let Ukraine fire nato supplied arms deep into RUSSIA in order to influence policy or do we really need like a thousand headlines on it before we’re convinced we’re not getting nuked? I mean, on the one hand, I appreciate the Biden admin handling this situation with kid gloves. On the other hand, that small dicked tater isn’t using nukes so… I don’t get it 

Edited by B00M
Biden moment
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, B00M said:

Are our journalists just running articles claiming we’re agreeing to let Ukraine fire nato supplied arms deep into Ukraine in order to influence policy or do we really need like a thousand headlines on it before we’re convinced we’re not getting nuked? I mean, on the one hand, I appreciate the Biden admin handling this situation with kid gloves. On the other hand, that small dicked tater isn’t using nukes so… I don’t get it 

That's just it, he's not going to use nukes right up untill he does. I have no idea what goes on in the mind of a dictator, but at some point if he's losing, does he just say fuck it, you're all going down with me? 

It's easy to say I would be far more aggressive in giving Ukraine arms and the go ahead to use them, but on the other hand I don't get Intel reports and assessments on the likelihood of a nuclear strike.   

The US approach seems to be to boil the frog slowly.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

That's just it, he's not going to use nukes right up untill he does. I have no idea what goes on in the mind of a dictator, but at some point if he's losing, does he just say fuck it, you're all going down with me? 

It's easy to say I would be far more aggressive in giving Ukraine arms and the go ahead to use them, but on the other hand I don't get Intel reports and assessments on the likelihood of a nuclear strike.   

The US approach seems to be to boil the frog slowly.

Micromanaged by US political advisors whose goal is to de-escalate tensions, end Russian aggression, maintain oil and gas prices, and keep Russia from descending into civil war.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

re; Telegram

Today we're looking at the importance of Telegram. No, we're not talking about the thing a telegraph sends. We're talking about the messaging platform created by Pavel Durov that's causing quite the stir as of late.

Telegram has become the platform of choice for many of the world's most unsavory characters - think the Russian military and ISIS. Telegram and its founder opted to not cooperate with Western governments and resisted any form of data sharing with authorities. This was the case, until founder Pavel Durov was recently arrested and promptly released in France.

Now, if I was someone who knew I was wanted in a number of countries, I would probably avoid visiting said countries. I would imagine Durov would do the same. So, I suspect that this was all part of some elaborate deal that Durov and the French authorities cut. If that's the case, there could be some major implications.

Remember how I mentioned that Telegram was the choice platform for unsavory characters. Well, if Western governments can get their hands on these messages, logs and information, that would be a huge intelligence breakthrough that the Russians would love to avoid...

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I don't think he would, for a lot of reasons, including that he's afraid of being killed (witness his 20 foot-long tables to prevent COVID/assassination attempts, using his security detail as pretend factory workers for photo ops, having a tight inner-circle, his KGB background, his use of doubles etc.).

But most of all, he's somewhat of a control freak, and using a nuke kicks off a lot of variables that are out of his control. He counted on the West being passive, and he was quite wrong and it's cost him dearly, to the point where Ukraine is not only still kicking 30 months into the main invasion with plenty of Western weapons, but is now hitting places inside of Moscow proper.

Putin was in the KGB in East Germany when Chernobyl happened, and he knows full well how pissed off the West was over the would-be cover-up. He maybe in a bubble of sorts, but he has seen what sanctions are doing to his economy, he knows Kursk was invaded, knows Moscow was hit (and has publicly admitted to both). He knows China isn't willing to send him serious military hardware because of the sanctions. And China has already warned not to use nukes.

Throwing a nuke into the mix - on a tactical level, if it's on the battlefield, it'll kill just as many Russian soldiers, and probably more given the Ukrainians have access to better equipment (and while he may not give a shit about his soldiers, he doesn't have as many as he needs), and it's liable to cause the Ukrainians to move their troops up close to the Russians, daring him to kill a shitload of his own folks. He obviously can't use it in Kursk.  He can't use it in Crimea because it'll kill/poison a fuckload of Russian civilians, and because he claims Crimea = Russia, and nuking Russia is not a good look for him.

A battlefield nuke will most likely cause China and India to completely cut ties, and Iran probably won't want to be tied to that albatross, because even a battlefield nuke means the West (and its allies in Asia) are going to come down even harder on anybody still doing business with Russia, to the point of applying the same sanctions to them as are being applied to Russia. China has already been scaling back its financial/trade transactions over fears the US will sanction Chinese banks. China's economy would implode if they got hit with similar sanctions to Russia, and the Chinese government probably can't survive hundreds of millions of Chinese out of work and in the streets (history says governments don't survive that kind of stuff). Even a battlefield nuke is probably going to send some fallout to places that Putin doesn't control, and it's hard to say what would be worse - fallout heading into Russia (which would flip the Russian population out) or out into the Black Sea or Western Europe. 

Hitting a city full of civilians would be even worse. Everybody even doing a few bucks in trade with Russia will be sanctioned and cut off from the rest of the world (complete with blockades/embargos), and shit will probably happen in the UN which Russia won't like - even with its veto power, it can't stop a large group of nations independently working together against it.

The fallout is going to go somewhere. If it drifts over Western Europe, hello Article 5 and at bare minimum NATO taking over the airspace over Ukraine. If that shit drifts over Turkey, you can bet that they'll consider it an attack (as will NATO) and will open up the Straits to any and all Western ships and subs. 

Most of all, and the TLDR: If he drops a nuke, he becomes a dead man walking, because it would do the opposite of what he wants - rather than making everybody back down, everybody will assume he will do it again, and operation KILL VLADIMIR PUTIN will be in full effect.

TLDR #2: If he was going to do it, he would have done it long before things got to this point. If he thought he could get away with it, he would have already done it - maybe Odessa, or maybe around Kharkiv.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He obviously can't use it in Kursk.  He can't use it in Crimea because it'll kill/poison a fuckload of Russian civilians, and because he claims Crimea = Russia, and nuking Russia is not a good look for him.

You sure? The Russkies would love him nuking Kursk. That’s in the grandest scorched-earth Russian tradition. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1