Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

38 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.threads.net/@noelreports/post/C_0goS7qCiE?xmt=AQGzif3tP5QgHQ5pXqkBUy5_22_uFZeK1Wdr1a7IdTiPZw

A S-400 missile system at Cape Tarkhankut in Crimea was hit, and there is footage showing Russian soldiers watching as two Neptune missiles flew towards their position.

https://www.threads.net/@nickmelnick.osint/post/C_0owvDoJL0?xmt=AQGzif3tP5QgHQ5pXqkBUy5_22_uFZeK1Wdr1a7IdTiPZw

🇷🇺🇺🇦 The American HIMARS system hits a concentration of Russian infantry and equipment with cluster warhead rockets during their crossing of the Seym River in Kursk Oblast, Russia.
🫡Lethal precision

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

A Ukrainian HIMARS strike destroyed a Russian Zemledeliye ISDM mine-laying system in the Kursk region. This system operates like a standard MLRS but instead of warheads, its 122mm rockets deploy mines to quickly establish minefields.

Russia is having to mine their own country.

Happy Don Rickles GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't think he would, for a lot of reasons, including that he's afraid of being killed (witness his 20 foot-long tables to prevent COVID/assassination attempts, using his security detail as pretend factory workers for photo ops, having a tight inner-circle, his KGB background, his use of doubles etc.).

But most of all, he's somewhat of a control freak, and using a nuke kicks off a lot of variables that are out of his control. He counted on the West being passive, and he was quite wrong and it's cost him dearly, to the point where Ukraine is not only still kicking 30 months into the main invasion with plenty of Western weapons, but is now hitting places inside of Moscow proper.

Putin was in the KGB in East Germany when Chernobyl happened, and he knows full well how pissed off the West was over the would-be cover-up. He maybe in a bubble of sorts, but he has seen what sanctions are doing to his economy, he knows Kursk was invaded, knows Moscow was hit (and has publicly admitted to both). He knows China isn't willing to send him serious military hardware because of the sanctions. And China has already warned not to use nukes.

Throwing a nuke into the mix - on a tactical level, if it's on the battlefield, it'll kill just as many Russian soldiers, and probably more given the Ukrainians have access to better equipment (and while he may not give a shit about his soldiers, he doesn't have as many as he needs), and it's liable to cause the Ukrainians to move their troops up close to the Russians, daring him to kill a shitload of his own folks. He obviously can't use it in Kursk.  He can't use it in Crimea because it'll kill/poison a fuckload of Russian civilians, and because he claims Crimea = Russia, and nuking Russia is not a good look for him.

A battlefield nuke will most likely cause China and India to completely cut ties, and Iran probably won't want to be tied to that albatross, because even a battlefield nuke means the West (and its allies in Asia) are going to come down even harder on anybody still doing business with Russia, to the point of applying the same sanctions to them as are being applied to Russia. China has already been scaling back its financial/trade transactions over fears the US will sanction Chinese banks. China's economy would implode if they got hit with similar sanctions to Russia, and the Chinese government probably can't survive hundreds of millions of Chinese out of work and in the streets (history says governments don't survive that kind of stuff). Even a battlefield nuke is probably going to send some fallout to places that Putin doesn't control, and it's hard to say what would be worse - fallout heading into Russia (which would flip the Russian population out) or out into the Black Sea or Western Europe. 

Hitting a city full of civilians would be even worse. Everybody even doing a few bucks in trade with Russia will be sanctioned and cut off from the rest of the world (complete with blockades/embargos), and shit will probably happen in the UN which Russia won't like - even with its veto power, it can't stop a large group of nations independently working together against it.

The fallout is going to go somewhere. If it drifts over Western Europe, hello Article 5 and at bare minimum NATO taking over the airspace over Ukraine. If that shit drifts over Turkey, you can bet that they'll consider it an attack (as will NATO) and will open up the Straits to any and all Western ships and subs. 

Most of all, and the TLDR: If he drops a nuke, he becomes a dead man walking, because it would do the opposite of what he wants - rather than making everybody back down, everybody will assume he will do it again, and operation KILL VLADIMIR PUTIN will be in full effect.

TLDR #2: If he was going to do it, he would have done it long before things got to this point. If he thought he could get away with it, he would have already done it - maybe Odessa, or maybe around Kharkiv.

I think you're looking at a different scenario .  I'm less concerned about him using a nuke to try and win his little SMO and more worried about him using one if he thinks his end is near. A final FU.

If things in Moscow start exploding and he perceives he's lost support of his formerly-loyal assistants, is he the type to put a gun in his mouth like Hitler?  Or would he push the Button first out of spite? 

The best ending would be for someone on the inside quickly remove him from power and take the option out of his hand.

12 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I think you're looking at a different scenario .  I'm less concerned about him using a nuke to try and win his little SMO and more worried about him using one if he thinks his end is near. A final FU.

If things in Moscow start exploding and he perceives he's lost support of his formerly-loyal assistants, is he the type to put a gun in his mouth like Hitler?  Or would he push the Button first out of spite? 

The best ending would be for someone on the inside quickly remove him from power and take the option out of his hand.

10f1bdd5-59b3-4078-9fe4-53dcd2a231de_tex

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

We have discussed the “will he/won’t he use nukes” thing as museum. In the end he’s an asshole depot not obligated to rational thought.  We don’t know if he has a red like or where it’s at.  We should just do the right thing and trust fate.  And that right thing is to give Ukraine all the tools they need, with no restriction, to kill Russians.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

I knew a guy whose job it was to make sure nukes were maintained and functional in their silos. It was quite the process. 

The last few years have me convinced Putin will blow up Russia if he pushes the button.

I'm getting there, too. With the equipment and the state it is in they are rolling out in Ukraine I just picture nuke silos filled with water and all the important bits sold around the world.  

Brother in law is a nuke engineer that goes to places he can't talk about and it is not easy to keep 30 to 50 year old bombs ready to go. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

We have discussed the “will he/won’t he use nukes” thing as museum. In the end he’s an asshole depot not obligated to rational thought.  We don’t know if he has a red like or where it’s at.  We should just do the right thing and trust fate.  And that right thing is to give Ukraine all the tools they need, with no restriction, to kill Russians.

You have strange tastes in museums. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, pops said:

I'm getting there, too. With the equipment and the state it is in they are rolling out in Ukraine I just picture nuke silos filled with water and all the important bits sold around the world.  

Brother in law is a nuke engineer that goes to places he can't talk about and it is not easy to keep 30 to 50 year old bombs ready to go. 

I feel like you are confessing something else here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I knew a guy whose job it was to make sure nukes were maintained and functional in their silos. It was quite the process. 

The last few years have me convinced Putin will blow up Russia if he pushes the button.

The Air Force is essentially going broke trying to field the replacement for the minute man missiles because they are decades past their original service life. I cant Russia affording to keep theirs operational. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Deej said:

You're 100% correct.

It's naive to assume that Russia's strategic missile/nuclear forces haven't been pillaged to the point of ineffectiveness by unscrupulous players.  Every other aspect of their military (and defense/industrial complex) has been.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

A question for those in the know, but wouldn't we have some idea based on the treaty weapon inspections?  I realize Russia withdrew from that 2 years ago, but that info it seems to me, would be sufficient to have at least a pretty good idea of their state.  

Exactly.  What is examined during treaty inspections?  

Edited by TeeDubya

1 minute ago, TeeDubya said:

Exactly.  What is inspected?  

That's a great question, I haven't read a ton on it, but my general understanding is storage and security.  How many does that include?  Obviously, they aren't going into strategic locations, is there another way they verify conditions, etc?  

Generally speaking, not just in terms of military capability, you can judge just about anything (a company, government, etc) by their maintenance standards and practices.  I can't imagine that Russia's was good, but to the point of being derelict to cause safety concerns?  We certainly haven't heard anything like that prior, nor now, and I have to imagine that would have leaked by now.  

I think it's a pipe dream to think that they don't at least have a percentage of working weapons, mind you that has nothing to do with the delivery method (which we've seen that part of theirs is shit, but capable to a degree).  I get the impulse based on their overall performance to think of them as paper tiger's in this regard, but these two things are likely to be vastly disconnected.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

That's a great question, I haven't read a ton on it, but my general understanding is storage and security.  How many does that include?  Obviously, they aren't going into strategic locations, is there another way they verify conditions, etc?  

Generally speaking, not just in terms of military capability, you can judge just about anything (a company, government, etc) by their maintenance standards and practices.  I can't imagine that Russia's was good, but to the point of being derelict to cause safety concerns?  We certainly haven't heard anything like that prior, nor now, and I have to imagine that would have leaked by now.  

I think it's a pipe dream to think that they don't at least have a percentage of working weapons, mind you that has nothing to do with the delivery method (which we've seen that part of theirs is shit, but capable to a degree).  I get the impulse based on their overall performance to think of them as paper tiger's in this regard, but these two things are likely to be vastly disconnected.  

My bigger question is who would be dumb enough to test the theory that Russia's nuclear weapons won't work?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2024 at 12:57 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

at some point I really think we - as in The President We- need to absolutely flex on Putin (and by extension, the world). 

and just flat out tell them we know where every single one of their ships and subs are at any moment.  and then literally tell the world that "as of 800 Zulu Time on Sept 20th 2024 here are the locations, depths and activities of every. single. Russian. ship. on. the. planet. 

and fucking drop a list on them like the size of a john holmes masterpiece.... and then to REALLLY fuck with them put an asterix at the bottom of the list and say that we PUPRPOSELY mislisted 3 ships on this list.... we know their location is wrong as of 800 Zulu, but we absolutely know where they are.....

and if you keep fucking with the worlds internet cables or communications, we will just order a mass strike  in a 10 minute period that sinks every last mother fucking russian ship on the planet that isnt in the Black Sea (since we cant actually get into there with the Bosphorus closed). 

I mean... that would be an absolute flop your dick out on the table move.    and by us giving all the actual locations (well except for the 3 purposely wrong ones).... that fucks with their minds.... especially just in case we actually did miss a boat, that gives them pause and they still think, holy fucking shit... they literally know where all our ships actually are right now... 

The Russians would thank us because they have no fucking clue where anything is. 
image.jpeg.1d91863b72d5704cba5bfcebd48aa98c.jpeg

On 9/8/2024 at 4:42 PM, bolverk said:

English is one of the easier languages out there. This is especially true for anyone who speaks another Germanic language or a Romance one. Granted, our spelling is fucked up and totally inconsistent, but our vocabulary is going to be familiar to any Germanic/Romance language speaker (because we've borrowed so much from others) and our grammar is super simplified, especially verb conjugations.

There's a reason English has become today's international lingua franca, and it's not only because of America's cultural impact globally.

The British Empire helped a little. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

It is cutting programs left and right to make room. Even NGAD is potentially on the hook. 

Kill what could be the most cost effective air dominance program ever in its infancy to spend on silo nukes we’ll never use, that checks out. 

8 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Hitler could be quite the fatalist at times and was very loony towards the end - Putin is not. In fact, he's obsessed with remaining alive - witness the ridiculous tables, the meetings with his staff where he was 20 or more feet away from them in the large rooms, the body doubles, security agents pretending to be civilians or workers for photo ops, taking armored trains, nobody knows where he is at, the underground bunkers, the killing of his enemies, etc.

That doesn't mean that Putin doesn't have a few screws loose, but not the way Hitler did.  The West is not going to go after Putin and kill him unless he goes too far (i.e. nukes) and he knows that, which is why his borders are relatively unguarded.  As much shit as he and his TV proxies talk about NATO invasions, the reality is that he's not worried about Russian borders being invaded (well, at least before last month, LOL), and that includes Kaliningrad, and that includes along the Finnish border.

Putin does crazy shit, yes, but sometimes we confuse it with gambling or taking calculated risks, both of which he's prone to do, and this invasion is the culmination of decades of him taking calculated risks and occasionally gambling everything on one roll of the die. When he took part of Georgia in 2008 and then all of Crimea in 2014 and the West did nothing, in his mind, there was no real risk that they'd lift a finger if he went ahead and finished off Ukraine later on, which led us to 2022. Putin broadcast these moves in 2021 and up to 2022 when he and his advisors would tell the media that Ukraine is Russia, that Russia needed to revamp and expand its economy, etc..

Given that the West did nothing substantial after 2008 and 2014, there was no doubt in his mind that he could just take the rest of Ukraine (or at least up to Kyiv and down to Odesa) and then he'd have a lot more mineral rights in the Black Sea, and a bit of a stranglehold on Europe's energy needs. He could keep Ukraine from competing in the oil & gas arena, and he'd have a prime market on his doorstep.

8 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Because of all of the shit that Putin has done, particularly in knocking off any would-be competitors for the leadership of Russia, as well as the Russian oligarchy and Russian society in general, there's not a lot of people  who could knock him off, step up, and the run the country. That's a whole other discussion because that could easily lead to Russia breaking down like Yugoslavia did.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia at its core maintained a central control that ran from Gorbachev to Yeltsin right to Putin in 1999, and in that timespan, there were multiple people that we could name who could have stepped up and taken over. Now?  Nope.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, B00M said:

Kill what could be the most cost effective air dominance program ever in its infancy to spend on silo nukes we’ll never use, that checks out. 

I'm not against the idea. Will it be a leap over what we have already?  Why not just buy more F-35's and restart production of the F-22?  The Air Force is only purchasing 25 new F-35s this year and the inventory will be no more than 664 by 2029. So, why not skip a generation since we are already way ahead of everyone else?

Air Force officials are balking at the price tag and as @Dahobbs stated there is a whole new wave of procurement hitting this decade, including upgrading our nuclear triad. Meanwhile, the technology has advanced faster than expected since NGAD began. So, the Air Force is conducting more analysis and considering a redesign with some of the capabilities of unmanned Collaborative Combat Aircraft. We are always in a rush and it seems to me that we compete with ourselves. We release a new jet and the plans are taken so that everyone else can copy and try to improve upon them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gandalfish said:

I’m not sure if anyone has brought this point up yet, but whether or not Russia’s nukes work or not is pretty irrelevant. If shit gets really nasty and they launch on the west, WE will end the world with our retaliatory strikes. Ours will work!

IMG_7097.gif.5be51a7f123d1574d4f0a22544e1944a.gif

Even if theirs don't work, meaning launch and hit us, I bet they detonate and we are still fucked.

Last place to survive in the US is College Station. They play a spring game, who ever wins they declare National Champions.

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Even if theirs don't work, meaning launch and hit us, I bet they detonate and we are still fucked.

Last place to survive in the US is College Station. They play a spring game, who ever wins they declare National Champions.

I think the only possibility he gets away with using a nuke is if it’s on his own soil. He could hit college station and have plausible deniability that he confused it for Russia 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm not against the idea. Will it be a leap over what we have already?  Why not just buy more F-35's and restart production of the F-22?  The Air Force is only purchasing 25 new F-35s this year and the inventory will be no more than 664 by 2029. So, why not skip a generation since we are already way ahead of everyone else?

Air Force officials are balking at the price tag and as @Dahobbs stated there is a whole new wave of procurement hitting this decade, including upgrading our nuclear triad. Meanwhile, the technology has advanced faster than expected since NGAD began. So, the Air Force is conducting more analysis and considering a redesign with some of the capabilities of unmanned Collaborative Combat Aircraft. We are always in a rush and it seems to me that we compete with ourselves. We release a new jet and the plans are taken so that everyone else can copy and try to improve upon them.

I like the flexibility and the cost-effectiveness on upkeep of the Swedish Saab Gripen.  it is a political dead end for us to buy them from Sweden, but we should rip off the concept and build our own.

With the continuing demise of the Russian Air Force (and sanctions that will prevent them building more or better platforms any time soon), we don’t really need massively expensive wonder weapons.  We do need less expensive, competent, flexible fighter bombers they can also have a role as ground support aircraft.    

One thing that Ukraine-Russia war has shown me is that lots of kit is…..better.  And just like World War II Germany and their tank production, perfect can be a deadly enemy of the good.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The only way Russia nukes anything is with a warhead strapped to the top of a mini van.

Narrator: the Loaf van with a nuclear payload and reactive armor mounted to the windshield broke down before it even made it out of Russia. 

• Haha 1