So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

Had to google 'disconcerting signals' just now like I had to back in 2015. "This penalty is very rarely called because it's a move that players seldom attempt." Thanks, Charlie for doing something unique!

https://www.rookieroad.com/football/disconcerting-acts-or-signals-penalty/

Players attempt it all the time. But that’s true that it doesn’t get called.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Color commentary is not conducive to a guy like Charlie Strong and his lack of clear communicative skills. This is going to be a fucking disaster. 

People of color commentary

Hard times when the diversity quotas aren’t balancing out I guess 

should’ve stuck with the cornball RG3 

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Jesus, he couldn't even remember the name of his own QB.  This should be good.

or his own zipcode.

ESPN just continues to amaze me.  

Also, what a country we live in that a complete imbecile like Chuck Strong can be a self-made millionaire.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I’m not going to tune in, bc he’s a horrible speaker, but I’m sure ill find some replays on YouTube for some easy cringe laughs

I'm counting on Surly in this regard for the regards from the regard.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

or his own zipcode.

ESPN just continues to amaze me.  

Also, what a country we live in that a complete imbecile like Chuck Strong can be a self-made millionaire.  

ESPN racing to the bottom at warp speed

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Jesus, he couldn't even remember the name of his own QB.  This should be good.

To be fair, the Charlie Strong years were so bad that I tried to forget most of our players. And that I had season tickets, that we had a football team, that the stadium is in Austin, what we were talking about...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

To be fair, the Charlie Strong years were so bad that I tried to forget most of our players. And that I had season tickets, that we had a football team, that the stadium is in Austin, what we were talking about...

I can give you details of every game from seasons 25+ years ago. I remember basically nothing from the Strong years. Like if you asked me if we won or lost the Baylor game in 2015, I would have no idea. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Red Five said:

I can give you details of every game from seasons 25+ years ago. I remember basically nothing from the Strong years. Like if you asked me if we won or lost the Baylor game in 2015, I would have no idea. 

Choir. Preaching.

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Me neither, but with a record of 16-21, the odds are in your favor to guess we lost.

I had to look it up:

Spoiler

we won!

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I remember that game; they almost lost the game in Waco even though Baylor was down to their QB4

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I remember that game; they almost lost the game in Waco even though Baylor was down to their QB4

That's right. That's actually probably one of the more memorable games from that lovely era. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

bullshit there is no fucking way you forgot the THREE blocked extra points by Kansas

• Rage+1 2

54 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Dude, I got to the point where I had to skip watching games because I would get so enraged at the bullshit product I saw on the field.

48 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

bullshit there is no fucking way you forgot the THREE blocked extra points by Kansas

Or against Okie State with about 30 seconds left in the half on fourth down with all three timeouts.  And we take a delay of game that pushes us past the comfortable range of our kicker. 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Me neither, but with a record of 16-21, the odds are in your favor to guess we lost.

I had to look it up:

Reveal hidden contents

we won!

Phil Berquist : So, do you hate baseball?

Bonnie Rayburn : No, I like baseball. I just never understood how you guys could spend so much time discussing it. I mean, I've been to games, but I don't memorize who played third base for Pittsburgh in 1960.

Mitch : Don Hoak.

Ed Furillo , Phil Berquist : Don Hoak!

Mitch : Beat you.

Bonnie Rayburn : See, that's exactly what I mean.

HS_CitySlick_01_Baseball_FIN.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2