GEORGIA CAN SUCK MY DICK

Fondren & Main

28 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Sounds like a total POS.

Seriously. Kirby seems like a f'n piece of shit. When this much bullshit happens at one school, its obvious the coach doesn't give a fuck. 

Thomas was previously arrested for a misdemeanor count of family violence and a felony account of false imprisonment in January 2023, less than a month after enrolling at the University of Georgia. The previous charges were dropped as Thomas entered a pretrial diversion program requiring him to complete anger management and community service.

• Hook 'Em 4

I missed news that Muschamp moved back to analyst...

UGA hires Travaris Robinson, Will Muschamp moves back to analyst role

By Chip Towers        Jan 13, 2024

ATHENS — We’re halfway through January, and the Georgia football program is still making big moves.

The latest one came Saturday when coach Kirby Smart announced he has hired Travaris Robinson from Alabama. Cornerbacks coach for the Crimson Tide under coach Nick Saban for the past two seasons, Robinson will coach safeties and serve as co-defensive coordinator for the Bulldogs.

Those roles previously were handled by Will Muschamp, who will step aside to return to a defensive analyst role at Georgia. Robinson worked for Muschamp as defensive backfield coach and defensive coordinator at Florida and South Carolina.

“Travaris has 17 years of college coaching experience, including over a decade in the SEC mentoring some of the top defenses statistically in the NCAA,” Smart said in a statement distributed late Saturday morning.

It’s an ideal situation for the 52-year-old Muschamp, as well. His son, Whit, is a freshman football signee at Vanderbilt. His oldest son, Jackson, is a senior and walk-on quarterback for the Bulldogs. Returning to an analyst role will take him off the recruiting road and offer more time to spend with family.

In the meantime, Robinson is considered one of the best recruiters in the country. A former Auburn player who was raised in Miami, his ties across the Southeast are deep and strong. Not only does he bring those strengths to Athens, it takes them away from Alabama, which is fighting to keep its coaching staff and roster together in the wake of Nick Saban’s retirement announcement on Wednesday.

Georgia already has added safety Jake Pope from Alabama via the transfer portal. The Bulldogs probably also have their eyes on Caleb Downs, a freshman safety from Mill Creek High School, who earned All-American honors for the Tide last season. Pope played at Buford High.

Robinson, 42, worked under Muschamp at Florida from 2011-14 when Muschamp was the Gators’ head coach. He followed Muschamp to South Carolina and was defensive coordinator from 2016-20. Muschamp was fired by the Gamecocks late in the 2020 season, then joined Smart, his longtime friend, in an analyst role at UGA.

Robinson went to Miami for the 2021 season as defensive backs coach, then joined the Crimson Tide in 2022.

Screenshot_2024-07-30-11-10-00_kindlephoto-1365166.png.01a17677a4c936aea3ef7e3bb154bd46.png

According to multiple reports, Kirby Smart and Georgia have added a former rival to the staff.  Andrew Thacker, the former defensive coordinator at Georgia Tech, has spent the past few weeks working with Georgia in an analyst capacity.

Thacker served as defensive coordinator for the Yellow Jackets under both Geoff Collins and Brent Key.  Thacker was stripped of the defensive coordinator duties in-season last fall, and Key ultimately decided to take the defense in another direction and parted ways with Thacker at season's end.

A veteran on the defensive side of the ball, where he worked with defensive backs at a number of stops, Thacker will bring that experience to the defensive side and work alongside fellow analyst Will Muschamp, who moved from safeties and co-defensive coordinator to an analyst role back in January in order to spend more time with his family.

The Bulldogs and Yellow Jackets will meet at the end of November on the 29th, the last regular season game of the year for UGA.

https://footballscoop.com/news/kirby-smart-and-georgia-have-reportedly-added-a-former-rival-coach-to-the-staff

On 7/26/2024 at 10:07 AM, Fud said:

He gone

They have depth at the position and he wasn't appreciably better than the others, but it doesn't help their depth at the very least 

He was viewed as someone with an NFL grade, allegedly. 

Word from people on the UGA staff that any of us would trust is that they have more NFL talent on the offense than they've had since Smart took over, albeit not necessarily the highest end NFL talent. They think every starter this season will ultimately be drafted, with Beck and several OL going in the first (not everyone after this season, as some would be 2026-beyond).

I'm personally skeptical of this analysis, including the prior views on Thomas before the latest felonious bullshit that should send his ass to prison. The WRs should scare no one. Delp is good, but he isn't Brock Bowers. Yurosek is the better receiving TE and I'd take either Texas TE over him. They have quality TBs including Etienne, but no gamebreakers. Beck is a high quality starter but he gets the benefit of the doubt as much as anyone this side of JJ McCarthy. I question the notion that every OL is a NFL prospect. Wilson is not a known commodity at C. Truss is getting Mims-level love and he played a utility role last year and G the year before. 

Regarding the D, the word was that they'll be good, not great, by Georgia/Bama standards. That outlook doesn't surprise me. Williams gets love due to recruiting pedigree and NFL grades, but he's yet to be a scary productive player. Mondon and Starks are legit. The rest of the Georgia defense is more recruiting ranking than collegiate output at this point. There's no doubt they'll be very well coached, nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He was viewed as someone with an NFL grade, allegedly. 

Word from people on the UGA staff that any of us would trust is that they have more NFL talent on the offense than they've had since Smart took over, albeit not necessarily the highest end NFL talent. They think every starter this season will ultimately be drafted, with Beck and several OL going in the first (not everyone after this season, as some would be 2026-beyond).

I'm personally skeptical of this analysis, including the prior views on Thomas before the latest felonious bullshit that should send his ass to prison. The WRs should scare no one. Delp is good, but he isn't Brock Bowers. Yurosek is the better receiving TE and I'd take either Texas TE over him. They have quality TBs including Etienne, but no gamebreakers. Beck is a high quality starter but he gets the benefit of the doubt as much as anyone this side of JJ McCarthy. I question the notion that every OL is a NFL prospect. Wilson is not a known commodity at C. Truss is getting Mims-level love and he played a utility role last year and G the year before. 

Regarding the D, the word was that they'll be good, not great, by Georgia/Bama standards. That outlook doesn't surprise me. Williams gets love due to recruiting pedigree and NFL grades, but he's yet to be a scary productive player. Mondon and Starks are legit. The rest of the Georgia defense is more recruiting ranking than collegiate output at this point. There's no doubt they'll be very well coached, nonetheless. 

Also, Mike Bobo 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They have quality TBs including Etienne, but no gamebreakers.

Etienne is the definition of a gamebreaker.  Electric with the ball and awful in pass pro.  Breaks the game either way.

2 hours ago, locodos said:

Etienne is the definition of a gamebreaker.  Electric with the ball and awful in pass pro.  Breaks the game either way.

It is sad to me that Florida has fallen so far that their fans don’t even know what “electric” looks like out of the skill positions anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It is sad to me that Florida has fallen so far that their fans don’t even know what “electric” looks like out of the skill positions anymore. 

We'll see won't we?  ETN looked great with the ball, but was not up to speed on pass pro (rumors that he was making business decisions)  Did he leave for money, or PT, or because he was scared of talent overtaking him?  IDK  but I am sure that you don't either.

Georgia will be a different team without Brock, but they’ll be efficient because of Carson. Bobo is still Bobo, so the play calling will criticized by both fan and foe. However they have plenty of talent, and they will be physical. A tough schedule will challenge them. Getting them at DKR is huge for us.

Etienne isn't a three down back, and their other RB is coming off a broken kneecap, which is hard to heal. Other than that, their RBs are kinda meh. 

Their WR's are good, not great. Same with TE's. Bowers was a freak of nature, and Beck can't  lean on him and Ladd MConkey anymore. They're very solid, especially Delp, but he's no one to lose sleep at night over. 

Like CTJ said, Beck gets the benefit of the doubt, but I don't believe he's as great as the media portrays him to be. I think he's a high level QB if he has the right weapons, but he isn't scaring anyone with his legs if he gets into trouble. He doesn't have the arm Quinn has, and our offense is much, much better than theirs. Depending on how our D-line holds up, and if our Edges can get to the QB, our DBs should feast. Just the amount of blue chip talent we have at Edge is high level priapism. 

Playing at home will be a huge factor in that game. 

Also, ou will suck shit with Arnold at QB this season, and we should beat their asses by 3 TD's minimum. Then the next week is when it gets real against UGA. 

• 3 weeks later...