Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

I'll add a weekly release contribution with the rerecorded sepultura:

As well as a couple from a few weeks ago:

And this one came out of nowhere but is kinda heavier in flames, and as a youtube playlist for whatever reason:

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone catch Tomb Mold and Horrendous in Austin or Dallas?  I went ahead and grabbed a ticket for tomorrow's Atlanta show.  

We have some pretty cool stuff lined up -Sacramentum/Vimur/Ectovoid next month, Sinister in October, and some bigger shows in the fall as well (Testament/Kreator and Opeth/Tribulation).

40 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

That was incredible. Gojira is my fave current metal band, so cool to see them featured so prominently and then to have them totally kill it. 

I'm just catching up on this but holy fuck that was rad

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/25/2024 at 9:05 PM, Biff Tannen said:

She’s a Virginia senator?  Am I in love?

She's a Trans woman that crushed a totally bigoted clown by literally running on a platform of fixing the roads. She's pretty awesome

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/28/2024 at 1:42 AM, NWBuck said:

Little cloak room here, but just barely 

Generally Danica is a just a cool person, basically turns politics into the anti CR.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just finishing up my first lap through and my first reaction is: Yesssssssss. Already like it more than 'Exhumed Information" and some tracks rival the best on 'Tropical Sun' - which, imho, should be in the conversation as one of the best death metal albums ever. Anywho, great effort here. Ready to give it another listen already

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Just finishing up my first lap through and my first reaction is: Yesssssssss. Already like it more than 'Exhumed Information" and some tracks rival the best on 'Tropical Sun' - which, imho, should be in the conversation as one of the best death metal albums ever. Anywho, great effort here. Ready to give it another listen already

The nu-metal track and the flute or whatever the fuck was great.

21 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

The nu-metal track and the flute or whatever the fuck was great.

Haha, that was at the end. I dig their interlude tracks, but honestly I'd rather it be an intro and then go into the song. They do a lot of collabs with TV CRIMES, which is interesting. 

this 'classic' just came across my mix. love this era of Psycroptic. they had finally found their sound and then ran with it. their first couple albums were clunky but had some bangers. they kinda lost me after their self-titled album, though. too much clean singing and experimentation. maybe it'll lead to another epiphany where they have a string of defining albums again. anywho

Quick aside -- I was just with my son in Bergen, Norway and I have never been to a more metal town / city in my life. They have embraced black metal. There are black metal  clothing stores, so many record and merch stores, it's just all over. Even black metal pizza places. Ghaal from Gorgoroth has his own art gallery, and some guy downstairs has a second hand shop with some fantastic merch who will talk black metal all afternoon. Even the Bergen airport shows an ad about visiting Norway that shows people in corpse paint wandering around through the airport. My son was at a Bergen metal festival last week (Beyond the Gates) for Ahklys and a bunch of other cool bands. Highly recommend Bergen. /end csb

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Quick aside -- I was just with my son in Bergen, Norway and I have never been to a more metal town / city in my life. They have embraced black metal. There are black metal  clothing stores, so many record and merch stores, it's just all over. Even black metal pizza places. Ghaal from Gorgoroth has his own art gallery, and some guy downstairs has a second hand shop with some fantastic merch who will talk black metal all afternoon. Even the Bergen airport shows an ad about visiting Norway that shows people in corpse paint wandering around through the airport. My son was at a Bergen metal festival last week (Beyond the Gates) for Ahklys and a bunch of other cool bands. Highly recommend Bergen. /end csb

this year is 10 years since I visited Europe and went to Brutal Assault in Czechia. having major wanderlust with facebook showing me all my memories from that trip. if you ever have the opportunity to go to a festival in Europe, absolutely do it.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Note: this sounds better on headphones than on the phone speaker 

Posting because metal chicks kick ass and Nita and Alissa are both swoon worthy:

When Nita gives the “WHOO!” early on and then the synchronized head bang…sends me

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Note: this sounds better on headphones than on the phone speaker 

Posting because metal chicks kick ass and Nita and Alissa are both swoon worthy:

When Nita gives the “WHOO!” early on and then the synchronized head bang…sends me

Fuck yeah.  And while we're at it, hello Angela (whom she took over for in Arch Enemy)

1407d96cb8ae4d1988a877e25049f6cd.jpg

angela-gossow-6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Not heavy per se, but been jamming the new Health.  Lamb of God guitairst guest plays on this one:

I dig the Health stuff.  They did another one with Lamb of God that I've posted before, but it fucking rocks, so here it is again.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I dig the Health stuff.  They did another one with Lamb of God that I've posted before, but it fucking rocks.

Rad. I'm a longtime (apparently bad) fan of Health. Didn't know about this collab. Didn't even know they had a "new" record out (last December). 

10 hours ago, stc said:

lol. The whole article is good, but my favorite excerpt:

he crashed his vehicle and stole a bicycle. He also took off his shirt, handed it to a bystander and said, "You'll want to keep this, I'm going to be famous," the sheriff said. 

Mehlhaff then entered the Tenaya Lodge kitchen through a back door, placed his hat and other items inside a refrigerator, grabbed a knife from the kitchen and began threatening workers, the sheriff said.

• Hook 'Em 1