2023 Republican Government Shutdown: Same Shit, Same Story

horn4life

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We may declare war on Yugoslavia on Sunday.  

55 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yugoslavia?  Dude, have you now been paying attention?  Czechoslovakia is a much bigger threat.

Y'all think Trump would take on Slavs? They're his favorite people. He'd rather go after a shit-hole country filled with blacks and browns.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cocaine Mitch doesn’t want to get burned by Trump again.  Turtle is a cold blooded calculator and will never just do the right thing unless there’s something in it for him with a very low chance of backfiring. 

With Trump, the likelihood of political backfire is always high no matter what decision you make because Trump is unpredictable and dangerous.

Yeah, McTurtle is nutless and gutless, but he's not stupid.

Just now, mdmost said:

And the backpay for all the workers he's screwed over? Will that be in it?

I hope so.  I actually felt bad for one who was interviewed on NPR yesterday even though I know for damn sure that he voted for the dotard.  He was breaking up in the interview and saying how he couldn't afford to buy his 2 year old a bday present.  I felt bad, you know, because I have a soul.  Unlike Republicans.

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The GOP senators look like even bigger empty suit pussies than Donald 

I simply cannot say this enough: Fuck Trump and fuck those who support him. 

They are the embodiment of anti-Americanism.

Fuck you. And double fuck you if your reason is "but Hillary".

• Like 6

A general strike may be in the offing. 

On Friday morning, air traffic controllers missed their second paycheck due to the government shutdown. Many called out sick, resulting in delayed flights at some of the nation’s busiest airports, including LaGuardia, Newark, and Hartfield-Jackson in Atlanta. Now, flight attendants may also walk out. Sara Nelson, president of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, told New York on Friday afternoon that she “just finished” recording a video message to members urging them to get to the offices of their congressional representatives until the shutdown is resolved.

“We’re mobilizing immediately,” Nelson said. Asked if this meant that flight attendants will not be going to work, she responded, “Showing up to work for what? If air traffic controllers can’t do their jobs, we can’t do ours.”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/flight-attendants-are-mobilizing-immediately-union-says.html

Gonna be tough to prove a national emergency, seeing as it wasn't a national emergency until 12/22/2018.

Of course, it'll go through the courts, and it'll probably be allowed just like Roosevelt's Japanese-American internment orders that also weren't a national emergency.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

but then he will spend the next 22 months campaigning on re-election, GOP keeping the Senate and GOP winning back the House so this country can TRULY and FINALLY address the border crisis that wasn't a crisis from January 2017 to December 2018.

Taking a play out of the GWB / Karl Rove playbook of scaring the olds with turrists and fags.  Got GWB re-elected but didn’t do a lot for Republican congress critters.

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

backing a clean 3 week CR with threat of national emergency declaration if nothing done for the wall.

So - yeah, why would the House vote for this CR, if the end result is he will just declare a national emergency unless they 'see things his way' ?

We'll see how much of an agreement this is.

4 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Gonna be tough to prove a national emergency, seeing as it wasn't a national emergency until 12/22/2018.

Of course, it'll go through the courts, and it'll probably be allowed just like Roosevelt's Japanese-American internment orders that also weren't a national emergency.

Will be a nice precedent to set for President O'Rourke/Biden/Harris/Warren/Booker to declare a national emergency for global warming, health care or wealth inequality.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

A bit off topic, but there are some things that are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME about Texas.

1. HEB. HEB's gotta be #1.

2. Whataburger. God damn yes. I am so proud that these two companies are Texan. 

3. The Alamo. Don't ever disrespect the Alamo. Yeah, fuck you, Ozzy.