Things not going well in Venezuela

Parliament

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Colombia won’t recognize Maduro unless he releases all the paperwork

Countries that recognize him:

GTxRAIHXYAAGaD2?format=jpg&name=large

Honduras is the one I would not have suspected, unless they are narco brethren.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would pay for this PPV.

Venezuela’s Maduro, whose presidency is disputed, challenges Elon Musk to a fight

"Social media creates a virtual reality, and who controls the virtual reality? Our new archenemy, the famous Elon Musk," Maduro said. "Do you want to fight? Let's do it. Elon Musk, I'm ready. I’m not afraid of you, Elon Musk. Let's fight, wherever you want."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ar-BB1qTJfA

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

35 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

One thing to keep in mind. Venezuelans grow up playing baseball. They can throw unlike pansy assed EU protestors.

Most of those protesters have decent throwing mechanics, some had pretty good mechanics and definitely had ball playing experience.

I saw a couple of protesters that looked like they were throwing from outfield, properly using their feet, legs, hips and arms ro maximize the velocity of their throws. You definitely don't see this with EU or U.S. protests.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Most of those protesters have decent throwing mechanics, some had pretty good mechanics and definitely had ball playing experience.

I saw a couple of protesters that looked like they were throwing from outfield, properly using their feet, legs, hips and arms ro maximize the velocity of their throws. You definitely don't see this with EU or U.S. protests.

giphy.gif

EU? Nope... US? Maybe. Piss off my son and his friends. They can throw.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

I would pay for this PPV.

Venezuela’s Maduro, whose presidency is disputed, challenges Elon Musk to a fight

"Social media creates a virtual reality, and who controls the virtual reality? Our new archenemy, the famous Elon Musk," Maduro said. "Do you want to fight? Let's do it. Elon Musk, I'm ready. I’m not afraid of you, Elon Musk. Let's fight, wherever you want."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ar-BB1qTJfA

Isn’t Elon on his side?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Isn’t Elon on his side?

No, Elon spends about 25%-50% of his posting the past few days complaining about Maduro and how he needs to go.

Like he really hates Maduro.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

I wonder about her safety, this is from her twitter earlier.  She may not be officially on the ticket, but she's the biggest threat to him.

She posted this a few hours ago, along with their results site https://resultadosconvzla.com :

I appreciate the generous hospitality of the Costa Rican government in reaction to the brutal repression of the Maduro regime against citizens who defend the results of the presidential election on July 28. Our priority is the protection of our fellow asylum seekers at the Argentine Embassy. My responsibility is to continue this fight alongside the people. From Venezuela, thanks to the beloved people and government of Costa Rica.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:
21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, Elon spends about 25%-50% of his posting the past few days complaining about Maduro and how he needs to go.

Well that seems weird

Elon ate some bad fried plaintains once. Held a grudge ever since.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

EU? Nope... US? Maybe. Piss off my son and his friends. They can throw.

I meant you don't see proper throwing form at U.S. or E.U. protests, it's very common to see protesters lob shit or throw in a high arc without any velocity. Basically, they throw like girls.

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

I meant you don't see proper throwing form at U.S. or E.U. protests, it's very common to see protesters lob shit or throw in a high arc without any velocity. Basically, they throw like girls.

Yes they do. I blame their tight jeans and the baklava covering their eyes during the throwing motion.

• Haha 2

All Maduro need to do is order a cybertruck and talk about how much of a genius Musk is to win him over.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is who backs Maduro

• China
  • Russia
  • Iran
  • North Korea
  • Syria
  • Cuba
  • Bolivia
  • Nicaragua
  • Honduras

Nice little list of shitty countries. 

I think whoever made that map may have fucked up on Taiwan. Why the hell would they support Venezuela?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is who backs Maduro

• China
  • Russia
  • Iran
  • North Korea
  • Syria
  • Cuba
  • Bolivia
  • Nicaragua
  • Honduras

The who's who of the most corrupt countries in the world. Esteemed company to hold. Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Honduras need to take a long look in the mirror. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby

6 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The who's who of the most corrupt countries in the world. Esteemed company to hold. Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Honduras need to take a long look in the mirror. 

Of the three only Honduras do we have any leverage on. Return immigration flight numbers can go up, aid can be "rethought" etc...

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Pinochet and the Mujaheddin both worked out well for us for what we wanted. And the Muj were not the Taliban.

Well, the CIA also gave us modern Iran, so there's that.  His point that it can go to shit with them involved is true.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Just now, BamaATL said:

Well, the CIA also gave us modern Iran, so there's that.  His point that it can go to shit with them involved is true.  

I know, I am just messing with him. And Iran is an interesting one for sure. But in that instance it was the entire US system providing weapons, not some surreptitious operation. I mean the CIA is not known to provide armor and F-14's.

• Hook 'Em 1

CARACAS, Aug 1 (Reuters) - The Brazilian flag was raised on Thursday at the residence of Argentina's ambassador to Venezuela in Caracas, according to a Reuters witness, after Argentine diplomats were expelled from the country.

Well I guess these staples will need to be replaced.

Argentina-Venezuela Trade: In 2022, Argentina exported $245M to Venezuela. The main products that Argentina exported to Venezuela were Soybean Oil ($56.5M), Corn ($49.9M), and Dried Legumes ($44.1M). Over the past 5 years the exports of Argentina to Venezuela have decreased at an annualized rate of 9.25%, from $398M in 2017 to $245M in 2022.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I know, I am just messing with him. And Iran is an interesting one for sure. But in that instance it was the entire US system providing weapons, not some surreptitious operation. I mean the CIA is not known to provide armor and F-14's.

Personally, I support the rebels and want them to succeed, but to me history tells me that unless they more or less do the liberation portion themselves, this doesn't go well in the long term.  Even if they do there is no guarantee that it will.  However, earned freedom and democracy seems to do better in the long term, at least from my perspective.  Unfortunately, often times that requires martyrs and real struggle.  

As a side note, the air base near me has been going nuts lately, which is usually a precursor that we are preparing for something or up to something.   I have no idea if this is related or not to this situation.   There is so much bad shit going on in the world right now, it could be anything.  Curious to know if anyone else near a base has noticed this as well.  

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

Personally, I support the rebels and want them to succeed, but to me history tells me that unless they more or less do the liberation portion themselves, this doesn't go well in the long term.  Even if they do there is no guarantee that it will.  However, earned freedom and democracy seems to do better in the long term, at least from my perspective.  Unfortunately, often times that requires martyrs and real struggle.  

As a side note, the air base near me has been going nuts lately, which is usually a precursor that we are preparing for something or up to something.   I have no idea if this is related or not to this situation.   There is so much bad shit going on in the world right now, it could be anything.  Curious to know if anyone else near a base has noticed this as well.  

Yes, you cannot want it more than those you support. That is a lesson we tend to never learn.

Don't live near an air base, but I do know quite a few friends are being deployed to interesting regions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is who backs Maduro

• China
  • Russia
  • Iran
  • North Korea
  • Syria
  • Cuba
  • Bolivia
  • Nicaragua
  • Honduras

Funny you post this list, I just heard an interview with Anne Applebaum, author of the book Autocracy, Inc.: The Dictators Who Want to Run the World. The book is about these autocrats around the world that loosely work together to help each other stay in power. In the interview she runs off a list of them, it's the top 4 on this list, Venezuela and "a handful of others" which probably encompasses the lower 5. So seeing that list, knowing these guys all help each other, it's really no shock that they are supporting Maduro.

Here book about it is here: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/725302/autocracy-inc-by-anne-applebaum/

I will post the link to the interview in spoilers because the topic of the interview is much closer to home in such a way that it is very Cloak Roomy. So you have been warned:

• Hook 'Em 3