Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

So Trump gonna Trump and shut down the government, again?

nope, see the government shut down thread.

he's said he is going to sign the bill, then declare a national emergency. mitch said that he would support the president in declaring a national emergency, which is a reversal for mcconnell.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Sure, let me help.
I guarantee there are crises to come in the coming months that will put this one to shame. We good?

It's funny.  I posted, opened up Twitter, then saw the McCabe 25th Amendment stuff.  

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If it succeeds, a Democrat will get to declare a national emergency for a whole lot of progressive issues.

It's going to be great.

Until the GOP suddenly becomes the party of Constitutional Conservatism when a Dem takes the presidency. Just. Like. Clockwork. 

Except the courts will be on their side due to how many conservatives are being assigned. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, deech said:

Someone may need to walk me back from this being the greatest constitutional crisis of our time.

Well, I don't know if this helps, but whatever is going on at the border right now was going on January 20, 2017, but apparently then it wasn't a national emergency.  It wasn't even enough of a problem for the Republican House, Senate and Executive to easily pass an appropriations bill to fund the wall.

Something changed.

Hmmm.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Until the GOP suddenly becomes the party of Constitutional Conservatism when a Dem takes the presidency. Just. Like. Clockwork. 

Except the courts will be on their side due to how many conservatives are being assigned. 

Unfortunately you are correct, but I want the conservative justices on the record supporting this.  Then I want president AOC to declare a “judicial national emergency”, double the number of federal judges and expand SCOTUS to 13 justices 

59 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

There's a nonzero chance he declared a national emergency just to ensure that nobody is talking about the fact that he's technically obese now.

I think it's more a distraction from the developments in the Manafort case and McCabe's comments about the Russia investigation. And remember, he hasn't actually declared a national emergency yet. He just said he's going to. He pulls that shit all the time in order to hijack the news cycle. 

• Like 1

After the House subpoena of Trump's tax returns, they should force that fat fuck to step on a scale in front of a tv audience.

Trump can accept wagers and set the over/under at 243 lbs. Less than 243, Trump can apply all proceeds towards his wall. Over 243, and he's broke .....well, more broke.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think it's more a distraction from the developments in the Manafort case and McCabe's comments about the Russia investigation. And remember, he hasn't actually declared a national emergency yet. He just said he's going to. He pulls that shit all the time in order to hijack the news cycle. 

His whole presidency feels like an exercise in killing time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Lulz at anyone thinking "The Republicans are going to HATE when the Democrats declare an emergency."   That will absolutely never happen.  There are two sets of rules.  We see them every day right now with respect to lies, personal morality, and credentials.  

This. I don't think anyone truly believe otherwise.