Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Paul Manafort's letter to Trump:

Don,

Pardon me, sir, I know you're real busy but I just wanted to reach out.  I know you're real busy so I beg your pardon.  Pardon me for that or for whatever, you know?

Anyway, the word "pardon" is weird when you think about it.  If you said it in an exaggerated French accent it'd sound like a fancy mustard or something.  LULZ!

Take it easy.

Prisonly, I remain, in prison,

Paul 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm almost sympathetic to DOTUS on Boeing.  Aerospace industry is a huge US exporter.  Have to show confidence in it.  In the wisdom of 90s titty flick Wild Things: "Once is happenstance.  Twice is coincidence.  Three times is enemy action."  Right now we are on 2.

Why? He never should have fucking said  anything about it. This is the FAA's job. Yes, it's ultimately the responsibility of the leader of the free world, but the president should have bigger things to worry about than weighing in prematurely on administrative issues. 

The problem is, our president does nothing but sit around and watch cable news and armchair quarterback whatever he sees on the boob tube. And he also has never had an unexpressed thought. So he's made this mess on his own. Fuck him 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Why? He never should have fucking said  anything about it. This is the FAA's job. Yes, it's ultimately the responsibility of the leader of the free world, but the president should have bigger things to worry about than weighing in prematurely on administrative issues. 

The problem is, our president does nothing but sit around and watch cable news and armchair quarterback whatever he sees on the boob tube. And he also has never had an unexpressed thought. So he's made this mess on his own. Fuck him 

You're right.  I'm sympathetic to whoever in the U.S. is trying to justify keeping them in the air.

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Anyone else hearing Trump is getting rid of Student Loan Forgiveness?

Part of the budget proposal:

The proposal would impact borrowers who borrow a new student loan starting July 1, 2020, excluding borrowers who are completing their current course study. Therefore, if you borrow or have borrowed a student loan prior to that date, you would presumably still be eligible for this student loan forgiveness program.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2019/03/12/trump-proposes-to-end-student-loan-forgiveness-program/#2ec4132f415e

For those with existing loans, my understanding is that it's part of the promissory note, so it's pretty much already been guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

Yeah, you take credit for no crashes, you take the blame for the crashes.

• Like 1

Why the fuck is Trump involved in this decision?  It would be nice with people with actual knowledge of planes, like, oh say the FAA were calling the shots.  Not a moron who thinks Einstein is needed to fly a jet and that we should go back to flying DC-10s.

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trump was told what to do. The "we didn't have to do this today, we could have delayed" caveats are a dead giveaway. 

I hope so.  To be clear, I think grounding was the correct decision.  But the president's involvement in it is banana republic shit.  

21 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Why the fuck is Trump involved in this decision?  It would be nice with people with actual knowledge of planes, like, oh say the FAA were calling the shots.  Not a moron who thinks Einstein is needed to fly a jet and that we should go back to flying DC-10s.

Well, you see, a Trump appointee was responsible for the grounding.  And before he worked for the FAA, he was a (checks notes)  a lobbyist for the aircraft industry.

Now, to be fair, this person had been a commercial pilot years ago, so he did have aviation experience.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

More information to toss on the Mount Everest of evidence showing a pattern to obstruct justice.

Guess he thought it would be cool to run towards the flames and save Trump.  Now he's on the burner with him.  Enjoy the heat, Whitaker, from the fire Trump started.