Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9456103

Justifies all Republican transgressions.  Covers killing kids at the border, Russian backchannels, pay for play/emoluments clause violations, money laundering, foreign bone saws and poisoning related fatalities, and racism.  

It would be so easy to fix our weak and very stupid Democrat inspired immigration laws. In less than one hour, and then a vote, the problem would be solved.

Republicans owned the Executive branch and both houses of Congress for 2 years . . . and didn't solve the problem.

The fact that Trump cheats at golf is well known, but I was honestly surprised to read that he fucks with other players’ balls. I don’t know why I was surprised, as it completely fits everything we know about his character, but the idea of someone fucking with another player’s ball on the course isn’t something that had ever occurred to me as something that even the biggest asshole on earth might do.

For those of us that still have the capacity to be shocked and offended by the complete assholery of Trump and his gross gang of sycophants, I hope that capacity to still be shocked speaks to our inherent morality and decency.

And not our inherent gullibility and naivety.

I like to think it’s a good thing that some of us can still be shocked, outraged, and angry in the face of the craven evil and garden variety shitbaggery of this administration.

I’m more worried by people beginning to get jaded and accepting this as the new normal and trying to hand wave it all with a weak ass both sides defense.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

The fact that Trump cheats at golf is well known, but I was honestly surprised to read that he fucks with other players’ balls. I don’t know why I was surprised, as it completely fits everything we know about his character, but the idea of someone fucking with another player’s ball on the course isn’t something that had ever occurred to me as something that even the biggest asshole on earth might do.

Turns out, the biggest asshole on Earth does it.

• Like 3

Most people cheat at golf only by improving their position.   Trump cheating in a way that cripples his opponent is so, how do you say, Eastern European style.  Par for the course for Trump tho... sawing the legs off his competition to bring them down to his level. 

Fucking asshole.

This golf angle seems trivial, and in the grand scheme it is, but unfortunately for America's collective intellect and attention span, it's probably the kind of thing that would resonate with the average voter more than anything.

I don't know how hard it is to get on one of his foursomes as a caddy, but somebody needs to infiltrate and film a few rounds.  They'll get something.  Landing that gig is surely trickier . . . a little palm greasing would help.  (This is exactly the kind of shit that Democrats won't stoop to and it will cost them the election in 2020.)

I 'member when the GOP bitched about spending, etc.

https://www.axios.com/white-house-trump-budget-sequestration-slush-fund-2a3e2599-a265-4a17-abee-62b12c167ca4.html

Both parties hate the automatic budget cuts known as sequestration. But in a closed-door Hill meeting last week, White House legislative affairs official Paul Teller said the president is fine with it.

"The president does not want a caps deal" to keep sequestration from kicking in, he told Hill staff last week. That's a direct quote, confirmed by two sources with direct knowledge of his comments.

Why it matters: Congressional sources found it bizarre that the White House isn't interested in making a deal to block sequestration. Instead, the White House says it can offset those cuts to the Pentagon by parking a huge amount of money in a controversial slush fund that sequestration can't touch.

Trump wants to spend a ton of money on the military and has called for a $750 billion Pentagon budget.

Lawmakers from both parties are outraged, and most think there's no chance Congress would approve of Trump parking more than $100 billion in the slush fund, as his budget proposes.

Teller made the comments in a weekly meeting with conservative groups, Republican leadership staff and other conservative Capitol Hill aides. Teller said it in the context of promoting Trump's budget, saying the president "really wants to stick to his numbers and doesn't want a caps deal because that means more domestic spending," said a source familiar with his private remarks.

People in the room didn't engage Teller on the point, and nobody encouraged him, according to a source who was there.

One source familiar with the comments said they showed a new hard-edged ideological direction for a White House that has never been known for its fiscal discipline. They pointed to the influence of chief of staff Mick Mulvaney — who, unlike his predecessor John Kelly, is a budget hawk. (When Mulvaney was in Congress, he criticized the "slush fund" the White House is now boosting and he was fine with cutting what he saw as unnecessary military spending.)

Republican lawmakers are unlikely to let the White House's hawkish position dissuade them from negotiating a spending deal with Democrats.

Trump has not steeped himself in the details of his budget, and his aides wonder how many decisions he'll reverse when he finds out about them. We saw Trump backflip twice over the past week:

Trump announced Thursday that he had "overridden my people" and restored funding to the Special Olympics — throwing Education Secretary Betsy DeVos under the bus.

And in his Michigan rally on Thursday night, Trump overruled his own budget, which would have cut $270 million in funding for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.

"I guarantee you can find all sorts of cuts that he'll turn around and say I'm not cutting this shit," said a source who has been closely involved in the Trump administration's budget deliberations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"Lawmakers from both parties are outraged, and most think there's no chance Congress would approve of Trump parking more than $100 billion in the slush fund, as his budget proposes."

I smell our next national emergency. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s another data point in how thin-skinned and inferior he feels to other people, sure, but it also says a lot about his character.  

Still, considering that he said he likes to try to fuck the wives of his friends, throwing their golf ball into a sand trap is pretty tame by comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

Texas economy would crumble.  My hometown of Laredo would be fucked with even a week of closure.

You think he cares about Laredo?  The only thing he knows about Webb county is that it went 73% for Hillary.  In his mind, y'all need to be punished. 

His miscalculations are in underestimating the effect of a border closure on Texas and the nation at large. 

You think he cares about Laredo?  The only thing he knows about Webb county is that it went 73% for Hillary.  In his mind, y'all need to be punished. 
His miscalculations are in underestimating the effect of a border closure on Texas and the nation at large. 

Yep. So...do it you fucking spineless coward. Do it.

"Tricia Newbold says as many as 25 White House officials were granted clearances after initially being denied."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/01/white-house-security-clearance-problems-1246432

WHITE HOUSE

White House whistleblower tells House panel about 'systematic' security clearance problems

Tricia Newbold says as many as 25 White House officials were granted clearances after initially being denied.

“I would not be doing a service to myself, my country, or my children if I sat back knowing that the issues that we have could impact national security,” Newbold added in her interview with committee staffers for the Republican and Democratic sides of the committee.

Newbold laid out a series of explosive allegations, often implicating Carl Kline, the former White House personnel security chief. She kept a list of White House officials whose clearance applications were initially denied but eventually overruled, and said the list included as many as 25 people, some of whom had daily access to the president.

“According to Ms. Newbold, these individuals had a wide range of serious disqualifying issues involving foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use, and criminal conduct,” aides wrote in the 10-page memo, summarizing Newbold’s testimony.

The committee’s investigation into the White House security clearance process intensified earlier this year after it was reported that President Donald Trump ordered his then-chief of staff to grant a top-secret security clearance to Jared Kushner, the president’s senior adviser and son-in-law, a directive that overruled intelligence officials.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the committee’s chairman, has requested documents and witness interviews from the White House related specifically to Kushner’s clearance. The White House has said it would not comply with the “overly intrusive” request for information.

The committee will vote to authorize a subpoena for Kline on Tuesday, Cummings said in a letter to White House Counsel Pat Cipollone in which the chairman of the powerful House committee chided the top White House lawyer over his refusal to turn over documents to the panel.

“You have refused to provide any information about the specific individuals the committee is investigating, the specific instances of abuse, wrongdoing, or mistakes we have identified, or the problematic practices of the White House Security Office over the past two years,” Cummings wrote.