Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well in his brilliant scenario, all American Latinos are citizens of the U.S., no other countries.  So how can they deport them?  

Both parties have very checkered pasts with regard to Hispanics in this country.  Hispanics succeed in this country in spite of the two major parties, not because of them. 

Who gives a fuck what his "brilliant scenario" was. I was responding to you.

Maybe you're right. Most of the viral videos of white people angrily yelling at brown people to go back to their countries are people wearing Obama hats....wait.

We didn't have viral videos back when my grandparents were discriminated against in South Texas fresh from Mexico, entirely by Democrats.  They wouldn't go on to even meet a Republican until their eldest son became one in the 1970's.  I understand his macro point, that he's confused and even frustrated at why a small portion of Hispanics could possibly support Trump.  I don't like Trump, not because I'm half-Hispanic but because they found out I could read.  What I took issue with was the blanketed profiling and the idiotic assumptions.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We didn't have viral videos back when my grandparents were discriminated against in South Texas fresh from Mexico, entirely by Democrats.  They wouldn't go on to even meet a Republican until their eldest son became one in the 1970's.  I understand his macro point, that he's confused and even frustrated at why a small portion of Hispanics could possibly support Trump.  I don't like Trump, not because I'm half-Hispanic but because they found out I could read.  What I took issue with was the blanketed profiling and the idiotic assumptions.  

There's no blanketed profiling. I know this: if I lived in a land that was ruled by people of a different race that discriminated against me and people who have my same skin color then no matter what other differences we may have I'm definitively putting the priority on defeating that discrimination. If that means banding together with people who are also being discriminated against and using our growing numbers to be a force for changing the landscape then I'm doing that above everything else. That's basic human rights/self preservation/survival shit. The most basic of needs. 

That's what Latinos in America are facing today and it's amazing how many of them seemingly have Stockholm Syndrome. 

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m sure he’ll take that to heart and change his approach. 

Like he’s leaving if he loses anyway. 

I'd say he's already started to set the stage with his base.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/02/politics/donald-trump-vote-paranoid-nrcc/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump -- who has previously issued baseless claims about ballot-counting and voter fraud -- warned House Republicans on Tuesday night to be "more paranoid" about vote tallies.

Shortly after taking the stage at the National Republican Congressional Committee's spring dinner, Trump said, "We've got to watch those vote tallies," and implied, without citing a specific example, that close races had been wrongly decided for Democrats.
"I don't like the way the votes are being tallied," Trump said. "I don't like it, and you don't like it either. You just don't want to say it because you're afraid of the press. You're afraid of the press."
While Trump's references on Tuesday night were not specific, he claimed corruption and fraud last year in Florida and Arizona elections, where close races took considerable time to resolve. His claims at the time were debunked, and in Florida, GOP Sen. Rick Scott ultimately unseated the incumbent Democrat.

Trump's call for fellow Republicans to join him in paranoia about vote counts likewise echoed his debunked claims about widespread voter fraud in the US. He claimed multiple times after the 2016 election that millions of illegal votes in California had cost him the popular vote and that voters were bused into New Hampshire from Massachusetts.
As President, Trump has continued to claim that there is widespread voter fraud. He established a commission on the issue, only to dissolve it amid repeated controversy.

30 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I can at least understand whites being republican. I'm not one any more because of their horrific practices, especially with monetary policy and corporate welfare, but if the most important thing to me was to continue having favored status because of my skin color and I wanted to suppress the rights of others who do not then I could understand supporting them. 

I cannot understand the people they discriminate against supporting them. That's like Jews supporting the Nazi party in the 1930s. It goes completely against interest in self preservation. 

My perspective (being half) is that its kind of along the lines of the quote thats been posted about giving the lowest man someone to feel better than. With all the shit that Mexicans have had to endure and finally feeling kind of respected and some being able to creep up into the higher levels of economic well being, I think many felt a kind of sigh of relief about where they were. Now all these illegals have to come along. Brown skin = brown skin so now its better to distance yourself and let "society" know that you are definitely not one of "them".

Just my .02.

25 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wait.  This is misleading.  That's not what his net approval is in any sense that we use the word.  Net approval is disapprove minus approve. He's talking about where his approval has changed since the election.  Use a different term, dude.  

Actual net approvals from Morning Consult

FL -2

OH -5

MI -12

WI -12

PA -7. 

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

why didn't his lawyers just say he's under audit?

that was Trump's excuse for why he never voluntarily released his tax returns.  this request is to the IRS.  Trump's BS excuse won't fly with the IRS.  He doesn't have standing to contest a request made to the IRS.

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

If those types of Latinos weren't so damn greedy and such assholes and the Latino community actually banded together for their own common good they could be a real force and pain in the ass to republicans. They could practically kill the current republican way of discrimination and white supremacists in Texas, Florida, and  Arizona alone. 

They don't realize they're just suckers for republicans who look down on them as garbage it's necessary to pander to enough to get them to sell out their own interests. 

Just call them dumb lazy spics, you know you want to.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

that was Trump's excuse for why he never voluntarily released his tax returns.  this request is to the IRS.  Trump's BS excuse won't fly with the IRS.  He doesn't have standing to contest a request made to the IRS.

He'll just tell the IRS (as head of the executive branch), probably by tweet, not to release his tax returns.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

well yeah, obviously, that was kinda my point.

he uses it as an excuse to move onto the next question, but it's obviously not true.  so much so, that in a letter contesting the request, his lawyers don't even mention it.

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Well, I don't know.  He is King.

14 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Wait.  This is misleading.  That's not what his net approval is in any sense that we use the word.  Net approval is disapprove minus approve. He's talking about where his approval has changed since the election.  Use a different term, dude.  

Actual net approvals from Morning Consult

FL -2

OH -5

MI -12

WI -12

PA -7. 

I'll take it.

19 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I'd say he's already started to set the stage with his base.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/02/politics/donald-trump-vote-paranoid-nrcc/index.html

Remember when the *Gary Johnson voters on this site had a good belly laugh when some raised the question of whether Trump would concede without a fight? I mean, every time a politician he has publicly supported has lost, Trump has either insinuated or flat-out stated that it was because of some sort of fraud. And we think when it comes to HIM losing an election, he's going to go gracefully?

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

If Latinos we're to go to England and take over and start discrimination practices against the white English you better fucking believe the English whites are going to band together and fight back. 

Why mention England? That’s exactly what the Trumpkins believe is happening here, and it’s the bedrock of his base. 

2 minutes ago, retread said:

I'm sure there are pictures out there, but I haven't seen many pics/videos of the hordes of marauders crossing the border?

someone on cnn said (per a good inside source) there's a joke going around cbp that the trump plaque would provide the perfect foothold for someone to use to jump the fence.

if we could get video of that actually happening, it might turn into the greatest piece of recorded media in history.

37 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

by “Wall” he means repaired fence 

i guess they're gonna shut down fryman canyon so he can roll up to clooney's house.  i mean, that's what they did for obama, so i'm just assuming.

friday rush-hour traffic here is already pretty awesome, so this should only help.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m strongly considering going into the business of selling windmill cancer insurance coverage. 

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Would package well with my MS-13 insurance...

I plan to offer both of these as options for my MAGA Health Care Plan.   $15 a month gets you a $15 annual credit to see any doctor you want (unlike Obama!) and for ANY preexisting condition.  

• Like 1

I plan to offer both of these as options for my MAGA Health Care Plan.   $15 a month gets you a $15 annual credit to see any doctor you want (unlike Obama!) and for ANY preexisting condition.  

*some exceptions reply. But the olds have a hard time with fine print, so we’ll still make the sale.