Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

If you told him California was closer to El Paso than Houston is to El Paso, he'd stare at you with a blank look, given he obviously failed geography at some point in his life.
El Paso is closer to Phoenix than it is to San Antonio and closer to Denver than it is to Dallas. More than 1/3 of I-10 is in Texas. This is a big fucking state.
  • Like 3

Gee, imagine that.   We now have membership cards for Trumpism.

https://www.salon.com/2019/04/12/echoes-of-history-trumps-movement-now-has-a-uniform-and-a-membership-card/

Like other right-wing populist movements Trumpism has a uniform and a slogan. This is the red and white MAGA hat, the tan khaki pants worn by the white supremacist hooligans in Charlottesville and elsewhere, and the words "Make America Great Again." Trump's movement also has membership cards, which function both as a loyalty oath and marker of belonging.

The "Trump Make America Great Again Committee" sent this fundraising email on Wednesday:

Friend,

Let me be clear. Since the day I took my famous escalator ride in 2015 to announce my presidential campaign, the Democrat harassment, fake news attacks, and blatant lies have never been about me...

Their target has always been you.

The liberal swamp hates the idea of people like YOU being in charge of America, and there is no line they won’t cross to prevent that from happening. Just look at the Phony Witch Hunt -- NO COLLUSION.

In 2016, I was simply your voice, but YOU were the one that took our country back and made the liberal swamp and political insiders FURIOUS.

Now headed into 2020, we have to remind them that this is your country, not theirs.

Since you’ve been such an important part of our movement, I wanted to give you this exclusive opportunity to become an Official 2019 Trump Executive Member and receive your PERSONALIZED membership card. Please contribute to activate your Official 2019 Trump Executive Membership by 11:59 PM TONIGHT and we’ll send you this beautiful PERSONALIZED card.

The one thing that keeps our movement alive is our members. I need you on my side to fight back against the lies and attacks.

When viewed in total, however, this fundraising email is something far worse. Trump is promising an authoritarian "national renewal" to his white supporters through a fake populism that nurtures feelings of grievance and victimhood -- feelings that can only be remedied through loyalty to the Great Leader and Dear Father. Political violence will be necessary -- and is already taking place across the country -- because TrumpWorld and its members believe that they are in an existential battle for survival.

Trump's "executive membership card" is actually a loyalty card meant to confer a feeling of emotional superiority over those outside of the movement. Like the MAGA hats and other Trump regalia the executive membership card is a form of permission to commit violence and other disreputable acts.

1 minute ago, retread said:

The Ds may well have to impeach him just to get the Mueller report in full.

I don't know that there's a clear path to an unredacted Mueller report.  What I do know is that there is a clear path to Robert Mueller's findings:  subpoena Robert Mueller.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Fair enough.  Democrats should release unwanted children who grew up to be hardened sociopath criminals into bible-thumping Midwest towns.  The idiot Right has an open arms policy for every life, so this should make them very happy!

In fairness, I'd much rather have illegal immigrants trying to make a better life for their children in my town than Trumpkins.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Fair enough.  Democrats should release unwanted children who grew up to be hardened sociopath criminals into bible-thumping Midwest towns.  The idiot Right has an open arms policy for every life, so this should make them very happy!

While we are at it, can we dump all industrial waste and pollutants into MAGA country as well?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, elfenix said:
22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:
If you told him California was closer to El Paso than Houston is to El Paso, he'd stare at you with a blank look, given he obviously failed geography at some point in his life.

El Paso is closer to Phoenix than it is to San Antonio and closer to Denver than it is to Dallas. More than 1/3 of I-10 is in Texas. This is a big fucking state.

dm_190101_Bevo_goes_after_UGA.jpg

We've had quite a few stories over the past two years in which Trump has a "really good idea" which is just immediately squashed by his staff / comms people / etc.

I find it exceedingly humorous. The President of the fucking USA gets owned repeatedly by his own handlers because his ideas are just so incredibly stupid. 

Anyone who thinks this guy is some brilliant shrewd businessman needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. 

• Like 3

Bravo Chooky, and as for the bolded:

20 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Staffer:  You want to use the Mexicans as projectiles?

Trump:  When I was a kid my father hired this guy to take me to the circus.  I saw a person get shot out of a cannon.  I want something like that, but instead of regular people it shoots out Mexicans.

You probably are spot on.  

I mean come on, this deporting them to the libtard areas will play great with his base. All this shit plays well with his base because they're the only people who will consistently ever like him. And the cities can then be free to sue the Trump administration.  

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I mean come on, this deporting them to the libtard areas will play great with his base. All this shit plays well with his base because they're the only people who will consistently ever like him. And the cities can then be free to sue the Trump administration.  

Absolutely it will. The great ignorant masses who watch Fox are convinced that a normal person can't even visit Chicago or San Francisco without getting murdered. 

Interesting poll from GA.  Trump has a 39% Favorable to 55% Unfavorable.  Same Poll has the R Senator up 46-24 favorable/unfavorable, so it doesn't look to be some partisan sampling error or something.  He's lagging a same-party state wide candidate by 38% (+22 to -16).  If people actually end of voting like this, he'll get Mondale'd in the election. 

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/interactive-poll-georgia-voters-april-2019/UNhiJklHIc4Uf84ZKjJtML/

Sanctuary Cities: We welcome immigrants.

Trump: Hey Sanctuary Cities, I bet you really like immigrants!  *stifles a laugh*

Sanctuary Cities: Yes.  We just said that.

Trump: I bet you like immigrants so much that you probably wouldn’t mind if immigrants came to YOUR city! *snickers*

Sanctuary Cities: Yes, that’s right.  That is literally what we mean when we say “we welcome immigrants.”

Trump: WELL IF YOU LOVE IMMIGRANTS SO MUCH THEN WHY DON’T YOU MARRY AN IMMIGRANT?  Hahahahahaha!

Sanctuary Cities: Isn’t that what you did?

Trump: I hope you enjoy all those IMMIGRANTS , so-called immigrant-friendly cities!!!!  Suckers.

MAGAland Shit Towns: Haha. Trump totally owned those stupid Sanctuary Cities!  Who’d want to live in a LIBRUL HELLHOLE that attracted immigrants with plentiful jobs, prosperity, arts and culture, and respect for human rights?!?

Yo dawg I heard you like immigrants

3dda988e2ce23735e392a1ccfcfdf9df.jpg

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Seems like an impeachable offense, you know instructing your subordinates to break the law with the promise there will be no consequences.

I mean blowjobs are so offensive to Lindsey, but I doubt he will say a peep about someone trying to gain entry through the back door. 

• Like 1

What Trump, his underlings and his base don't understand is that it's not the President's job to decide what laws should not be enforced.  This is a separation of powers issue, and he's on the wrong side of the law.

It is absolutely, 100% an impeachable offense.  We should add it to the list.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Like to see what happens if the tries this....

It’s really this simple: Trump is acting like he is King.  The whole point of the United States of America — literally the entire reason our founding fathers waged a war to win independence from England — was opposition to rule by a King.  Nothing is less American than a king.  If you support Trump, you literally support the absolute most anti-American concept possible.  

But of course I bet you’re waving a little American flag and wearing a size XXXL T-shirt with a picture of Taz waving an American flag on it while you’re cheering on your King.   So maybe you’re a good American after all.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Like to see what happens if the tries this....

Honestly,  Mr. Trump had done a lot of shady stuff, but this is pretty bad. The commander in chief is deliberately subverting the rule of law and using the powers that we, the People, entrust to the Executive Branch, in order to do so.

However big this story is or will become, it won't be big enough.

47 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Seems like an impeachable offense, you know instructing your subordinates to break the law with the promise there will be no consequences.

This.  Congress needs to subpoena the CBP head for testimony ASAP, and then start impeachment proceedings.  But, sigh, this will be forgotten about in twenty minutes.