Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.

Step 1: create a broad category of “terrorist organization.”

Step 2: deem anyone who opposes you to be a member of that organization.

Step 3: toss them in prison.

It’s one of the most-referenced pages in the authoritarian playbook.

"You're either with us or you're with the terrorists."

(Now let's vote on going to war in Iraq.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes that is why I said he cannot appeal.

Well they already know he can’t appeal a removal, and besides, we’re more than halfway through his term. If that really was their game, they should figure that now is the time to get him out so that Pence is eligible to run twice.

If they really wanted just to go to Pence, they’d have cooperated with all these investigations and had Trump removed on January 21st of this year and would have tried their hardest to turn Pence into a 10-year President.

But they didn’t do that because Mike Pence has no charisma whatsoever and wouldn’t stand a snowball’s chance in fucking hell to win one election, much less two. The republicans need trump because a guy like that is the only shot they have at getting the White House.

You may be correct about the temptation being there, but what I said was that they neither have the spine nor the conscience to actually do it. That’s a far cry from a mere temptation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hillary inspired a special kind of hate that no other Ds can bring to the table.

In the minds of brainwashed Rs, the Clintons were the standard bearers for everything evil in the D party for the last 30 years. RushFox have focused on the Clintons, but the Libruls have also been painted as pure evil. I think Trump will get a lot of traction from that.

10 minutes ago, retread said:

In the minds of brainwashed Rs, the Clintons were the standard bearers for everything evil in the D party for the last 30 years. RushFox have focused on the Clintons, but the Libruls have also been painted as pure evil. I think Trump will get a lot of traction from that.

The Clintons had a bodycount running into the dozens according to the RushFox crowd.

AOC and her Squad better step their game up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Racism as an election strategy should tell you all you need to know about the Trump voter and who the Trump campaign is targeting.

what they also likely don't seem to grasp about trump's strategy in regards to his base:

with electoral college in place : "not necessarily concomitant"

without electoral college in place : total fucking wipeout landslide disaster

if the ec ever goes away, the gop is proper fucked.

7 minutes ago, retread said:

not exactly sure what the point of this rant is (the tweet, not the post), but trump doesn't do many (non-fox news) interviews. 

the abc one with george s was one of the few i can think of over the past 2 years.  maybe there was a 60 minutes in the past year or so?  i would assume those types of questions fuck up the rest of the interview, and trump seems to be the type of straight-shooter that may hold that against a network for a while, just spit-balling here.  thinking that probably leads to that network getting trashed multiple times a day via twitter, and major networks have to concern themselves with what 40-45% of the country thinks.

don lemon had a pretty well known interview about it with him - but back in 2015 i think - where trump confirms that he is the least racist person basically ever.  if not being a racist is something you're good at, then he's obviously the best at it.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/07/16/don-lemon-take-trump-racist-tweet-ctn-vpx.cnn

(video in link - couldn't find it on youtube).

he's obviously never going to walk into an interview with someone where there's a chance of that question coming up.  how many possible interviews have qualified for this list without mentioning the question?  i'm guessing five or fewer, and none recently at all.

There have been a couple of softball CBS interviews in the last year. Nobody fact checks him on the spot and nobody calls him out on his racism straight to his face. Medhi is correct; the media are huge accomplices in this nightmare. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The gloves need to come off for the media. To keep applying their old templates to this administration is harming the country.

Every time they treat a tweet or hateful remark as a sane policy statement, they legitimize unprecedented behavior. Further, focusing on these individual outrageous utterances ends up being a dissection of a tree instead of the forest.

There is also the facile and intellectually cowardly practice of framing a story in how the common man may react. "This action may hurt Trump with hispanics..." I don't give a shit about your obsession with predicting election results. Cover the actual story. Have the editorial balls to call something what it is when you see it instead of bringing in lying Trump apologists to "balance" the true perception with outright lies and spin. 

I think a LOT of people inside the beltway treat this presidency as a one-off -- a blip on the political radar. That applies to pols and to journalists. This presidency will be over in 1.5 years, and things will return to normal. I don't want to be that guy/girl who goes a bridge too far in his/her rhetoric.

I plan to move up the ladder at CNN/MSNBC/CBS/ABC or within Senate/House leadership. If I seem a little off the rails, I may find myself characterized as a fringe nutjob who's not real reliable. I won't get that anchor job or sit as chairman on that committee. Younger journalists/pols will take my place if they show they're willing to toe the line.

"I hate these people, and let’s all hate these people because maybe hate is what we need if we’re gonna get something done."

— Donald Trump, Trump in 1989 Central Park Five interview: "Maybe hate is what we need"

Trump on the Central Park Five who were later found innocent based off of DNA evidence and the actual confession from the killer. Trump's history of racism is long. He's familiar with it and has begun to weaponize it to try and secure victory in 2020.

As a nation we need to continue to call out and disavow every tweet, quote and hint of racism coming out of the White House.

I don't know how to read that timeline, did this Bud M. guy write that and then David Simon chimed in?  Or vice-versa?  

McNulty wants to know...

10 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

"I hate these people, and let’s all hate these people because maybe hate is what we need if we’re gonna get something done."

— Donald Trump, Trump in 1989 Central Park Five interview: "Maybe hate is what we need"

Trump on the Central Park Five who were later found innocent based off of DNA evidence and the actual confession from the killer. Trump's history of racism is long. He's familiar with it and has begun to weaponize it to try and secure victory in 2020.

As a nation we need to continue to call out and disavow every tweet, quote and hint of racism coming out of the White House.

Source?

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Source?

This is a perfect distillation of the difference between Tumpkins and the rest of us.

No Trumpkin has ever asked for, or cared about the source.  As long as it spoke to their bias, it was true. Period.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Mother .. fuckin... A.

Well done Baltimore Sun. 

I don’t have a twitter account. But all you people who do should retweet this glorious article to trump constantly for the next 7 days. And get everyone you know to do so likewise. Its my understanding he can’t block you anymore. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

There is a big part of me that wants him to win in 2020, but both the House and Senate go to the dems. That way he can get impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate. I want him to be the first to have to leave in disgrace and not just because he was voted out. 

My dream scenario is Dems win Pres and House and lose the Senate 51-50.  However the dems  elect a 300 pound bruiser Senator who walks into the Senate and beats Moscow Mitch into a straw sucking coma.  He is immediately pardoned by the President for being true patriot.

• Like 2

Straight Fire. 

Finally, while we would not sink to name-calling in the Trumpian manner — or ruefully point out that he failed to spell the congressman’s name correctly (it’s Cummings, not Cumming) — we would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are “good people” among murderous neo-Nazis that he’s still not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity. Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one.

• Like 2

Straight Fire. 
Finally, while we would not sink to name-calling in the Trumpian manner — or ruefully point out that he failed to spell the congressman’s name correctly (it’s Cummings, not Cumming) — we would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are “good people” among murderous neo-Nazis that he’s still not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity. Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one.

That’s just a bullet to the head. We need a lot more of those. Time for all people to call him out for what he is. All the time. No holding back.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Straight Fire. 

I'm sure you're including he's also a rapist and likes to visit young girls while they're dressing at beauty pageants. Correct? Just a good role model for our children. 

57 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

54 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

<sigh>  It would be great if people learned how to post a proper link. Give the page more time to load before you copy the url and it won't be apparent that you didn't look fior a source before you were asked for a source. 

The quote came from a May 17, 1989 interview with Larry King and technically wasn't in reference to the Central Park Five. It was in reference to the rape of a woman in Brooklyn who was then thrown off the top of a building. 

Now, I would be willing to bet that the woman Trump was talking about didn't exist. I'd bet that he just made it up and his hate comment was intended to implicitly include the Central Park Five. But he technically wasn't talking about them specifically. That's how he does.

3 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Well they already know he can’t appeal a removal, and besides, we’re more than halfway through his term. If that really was their game, they should figure that now is the time to get him out so that Pence is eligible to run twice.

If they really wanted just to go to Pence, they’d have cooperated with all these investigations and had Trump removed on January 21st of this year and would have tried their hardest to turn Pence into a 10-year President.

But they didn’t do that because Mike Pence has no charisma whatsoever and wouldn’t stand a snowball’s chance in fucking hell to win one election, much less two. The republicans need trump because a guy like that is the only shot they have at getting the White House.

You may be correct about the temptation being there, but what I said was that they neither have the spine nor the conscience to actually do it. That’s a far cry from a mere temptation.

Pence has all the appeal of cold mashed turnips. Further, the base of deplorables has a wall-eyed fit any time someone speaks against Trump. So,  the GOP won't ever do anything to upend this feedback loop. 

Disagree fully. Any Dem they throw up will be the worst thing ever that’s going to have illegals raping your daughters, taking your jobs, and taking your money away. Fear of losing everything is his only play and it really works. Fear of losing our “way of life”. 

When Clinton was SOS she had an approval rating in 60’s. Then Benghazi and emails and her disapproval rating was mid 50’s.