Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I have tried and tried to see it differently, but it's fucking sad how much of this bullshit comes back to race.

It blows my mind.  I really really thought racism was not a huge factor in this country for most of my life.  When Obama got elected, it seemed to rear its head a bit, but then 2016 happened and it was just like, racism explosion.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Per the days of the "welfare queens" rhetoric, we all know what that means.

They're against....you know....THOSE people....getting government money.

But when white folks get it, well, that's just good hardworking people of the land getting what they deserve.

I have tried and tried to see it differently, but it's fucking sad how much of this bullshit comes back to race.

Its why we’ve never had universal health care despite just about every other civilized country on the planet having it including places like Cuba. Its always about race.

Both sets of white people will never admit that, for different reasons. The white people owners (the few) who set up the system wont admit its about race because they’ve got the sucker white people  (the many) under their thumb who have completely fallen for it. 

Its always about race, and power by the few over the many. 

• Like 1

Suddenly Shaggy-there was a news blurb today that mentioned some of the food does go to food banks and also a small  % goes to school lunch programs. We give to our local food bank because there is a matching program that doubles our donation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/school-menus-fall-trade-mitigation-64909309

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Suddenly Shaggy-there was a news blurb today that mentioned some of the food does go to food banks and also a small  % goes to school lunch programs. We give to our local food bank because there is a matching program that doubles our donation.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/school-menus-fall-trade-mitigation-64909309

Thanks for the article. The USDA claims $1.2 billion of the bailout bought crops and milk that were distributed to school lunch programs and food banks. I'm glad to hear that at least some of it isn't rotting and is going to feed the less fortunate.

The bail out package last year was $18 billion and $16 billion in May of this year, so most of it is still going to waste and not being distributed. That could solve a lot of the hunger problems in this hemisphere.

Edited by suddenly shaggy

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

But when white folks get it, well, that's just good hardworking people of the land getting what they deserve.

Incorrect.  The hardworking farmers employing illegals earned this money.  They are authorized to other people's money because of outside unforseen forces that told them they were going to do this, and they voted for it.  The oil and gas folks laid off and still looking, well fuck them too.   The browns think they are entitled to a job, fuck them 3.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, those uppity black folk are all lazy, too.  Don't forget that talking point.

Twitter is going to be fun over the next day or two.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/investigating-trump-family

INVESTIGATING TRUMP FAMILY SELF-DEALING, THE D.C. ATTORNEY GENERAL HAS SUBPOENAED DOCUMENTS FROM MELANIA’S FORMER RIGHT-HAND WOMAN

Stephanie Winston Wolkoff has handed over a trove of documents related to her inauguration work with Trump family businesses.

While Cohen reads through the prison library and works out with “The Situation” in the Otisville Correctional Facility’s gym, his former neighbor on Park Avenue Stephanie Winston Wolkoff was having a different sort of summer. Last month, Wolkoff received a subpoena from the Washington, D.C., attorney general’s office, requesting documents related to President Trump’s inauguration, which Wolkoff had a heavy hand in planning. The $107 million event has been under investigation for months, including by federal prosecutors in New York and New Jersey, for profligate spending and questions about foreign donations. The latest subpoena appears to be probing potential self-dealing by the Trump Organization and members of the president’s family, according to two people familiar with the investigation.

Wolkoff complied with the request, according to these sources, by the July 26 deadline, which asked her to turn over records involving the inaugural event, the president’s family and associates, and expenditures by the inaugural committee that could shine a light on whether the nonprofit group provided private benefits to the Trump Organization. The attorney general appears to be particularly interested in payments being made through the inaugural committee to Trump-owned businesses, and whether there was a fair bidding process for contractors.

This shit could probably touch Ivanka, so Donnie is going to be off-the-rails more than usual.

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Twitter is going to be fun over the next day or two.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/investigating-trump-family

This shit could probably touch Ivanka, so Donnie is going to be off-the-rails more than usual.

He can just start tweeting about lead in the drinking water in Newark, because you know: Democratic mayor, PoC, and infrastructure. It's his schtick now, why change? As soon as Fox grabs onto it, he'll be all over it.

Sorry, forgot the link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lead-water-supply-drinking-newark-new-jersey-warning-today-2019-08-12/

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
link

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fuck Scaramucci.

He’s still a soulless shiftless grifter. He’s just playing another angle and this newfound wokeness gets him TV time.

I at least appreciate his admission in his “why now?” response that it was due short-term economic gains (which he knows are at-risk).

That will be @Johnny Sack once his savvy portfolio blows up. Raw greed. Fuck everyone and everything else.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

The Mooch comes out swinging with a 'Game of Thrones' reference, because "you are the weakest link" lost its salt a long time ago, and will load up with another round of botox and continue turtle arm punching on the next media circuit until someone as dumb as Chuck Todd suggests he might deserve his own show.  "Another Greasy Cum Dump featuring Anthony 'Mooch' Scaramucci."  Courageously defying the fuck circus that already rejected him.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Promises made, promises kept (eventually, but only if...)

"Remember that time we had eight years to come up with some sort of approachable healthcare plan and then we got caught with our fingers up each other's asses?  Give us another shot.  Seriously.  This time we're not kidding."

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

"Remember that time we had eight years to come up with some sort of approachable healthcare plan and then we got caught with our fingers up each other's asses?  Give us another shot.  Seriously.  This time we're not kidding."

He is the most worthless senator outside of McConnell. Actually he is worse because he knows better, but playing the political game is more important to him than doing the right thing. I have no idea how McCain, not perfect but a very respectable and honorable man, ever befriended this POS. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Whereas, a counterpoint - I had a young associate originally from Youngstown, Ohio. Having drinks after work, I met a friend of his (tech industry) from Youngstown who had recently relocated here.  I asked him how that came about.  He said it was pretty easy.  He got a call from a recruiter in Austin.  He and his wife flew here for an interview.  As soon as their Uber left the airport and pointed towards downtown, he saw all the cranes -- he pointed them out to his wife, and said "Look at that.  Shit is happening here.  Nothing's happening in Youngstown.  We're taking the job and moving here."

The calculus was that simple in his mind.  Move from where shit isn't happening to where it IS happening.  99% of economics and jobs flows from that sort of thinking.

We have that in Texas as well.  You may love Possum Pecker, Texas.  Your ma and pa may have been born and raised there, and their ma and pa.  But when the widget plant shut down, the money dried up and nothing's going on at all, 'cept for working at the Dollar General, the Stripes by the highway, or the run-down mechanic and tire shop that mostly sells meth out the back.  GET.  THE FUCK.  OUT.  Let Possum Pecker die.  You sure as shit don't have an obligation to sacrifice your life to keep it alive.  Go to Corpus and work at a plant.  Go to the Eagle Ford and roughneck or drive a truck.  Go to Houston and work construction.  Just get the fuck outta Possum Pecker, and your life will improve.

Goddamn, my friends and I figured that out in high school.  "Hey....this party's lame.  There's 30 guys and maybe 6 girls here.  Let's go where the girls are."  And we did.  But it seems like a huge chunk of America is content to stay at the sausage fest and bitch about how they can't get any action.

As far as I am concerned, you are preaching to the choir. I don't understand the culture of staying bogged down in an economically depressed region waiting on some shit factory job to open up. It's really bizarre to me why people would tolerate that kind of situation. I am sure there are multiple factors at play that keep people cemented in those areas like culture, poverty and a lack of education. I don't think letting regional migration handle the situation is sufficient. More than likely the poorest will be left behind. I am not sure what the solution is but there has to be something else other than expecting everyone to pick up and move.

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

"Trump is ruining our markets" they say.

I wonder how many times these farmers railed against the Welfare state?

I live in a farming community surrounded by other farming communities that are surrounded by yet other farming communities.  You have to drive 5 hours east, 4 hours south or 7 hours west (an hour north is Canada so that doesn't count) to get somewhere that ISN'T a farming community.  They rail on welfare constantly!  My wife and I went out to eat Saturday night with some friends who farm.  He just finished harvesting peas last week and is having a hell of a time finding an elevator that will take them.  They're all still sitting on peas from LAST year because there are no buyers.  And there aren't any buyers because of Trump's Trade War.  He's going to have the same issues here in a few weeks when he harvests his durum wheat and canola.

So I asked him if he's come off Trump any since he and I last talked about it in late spring.  He (and just about every other farmer up here) is gonna ride that dick right down to the nub. They seem to think this hurt is only temporary...that Trump will get them an even better deal than they had previously. Never mind the fact that China is turning to the Argentina, Brazil and Russia markets so the US farmer may not even get back to where they already were, much less get an even better deal.  But as long as Trump continues buying that agriculture vote with subsidies, the Trump support will endure.

Oh, BNSF has been furlowing guys left and right because there aren't any crops to move.  But those fuckers are still right on board with him, too.

• Like 5

Ya know what? I grew up living in the country among farmers and ranchers... The salt of the earth. You know, morons. Fuck them. They brought this shit on themselves.

You can lead a horse to water, but you gotdam sure can't make him drink. Just put up a shit load of signs that say the water's poison.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Seems like the nuclear explosion in Russia should be a bigger deal. 

Like more important than Scaramucci and Fredo.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/12/russia-mysterious-explosion-arctic-putin-chernobyl/

On Thursday, Aug. 8, Russian authorities issued a surprising announcement. Some sort of accident had occurred during a test of a missile engine near the city of Severodvinsk, along Russia’s Arctic coast. Two people died, and there had been a brief spike in radiation detected. Soon after, images and videos appeared on social media of first responders in hazmat suits, ambulances, and a helicopter for an emergency airlift.

The reference to radiation was striking—tests of missile engines don’t involve radiation. Well, with one exception: Last year, Russia announced it had tested a cruise missile powered by a nuclear reactor. It calls this missile the 9M730 Burevestnik. NATO calls it the SSC-X-9 Skyfall.

A nuclear-powered cruise missile is an outrageous idea, one the United States long ago considered and rejected as a technical, strategic, and environmental nightmare. Vladimir Putin’s Russia, though, thinks differently. My colleagues and I at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies—who regularly use open-source tools to monitor the state of nuclear proliferation around the world—wondered if something had gone wrong with the Skyfall. We soon discovered there was good reason to believe so.

The first thing we did was attempt to locate where the incident had occurred. Many of the reports pointed to a missile test site at a place called Nenoksa, about 18 miles up the coast from Severodvinsk. Our assumption was that the accident had occurred at the Nenoksa Missile Test Center. The facility is no secret: It is well documented in declassified intelligence reports and even marked on open-source platforms such as Wikimapia. The test center has been there since the 1960s—and, from satellite images, looks every year of its age.

Much more at the link.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burt said:

So I asked him if he's come off Trump any since he and I last talked about it in late spring.  He (and just about every other farmer up here) is gonna ride that dick right down to the nub. They seem to think this hurt is only temporary...that Trump will get them an even better deal than they had previously. Never mind the fact that China is turning to the Argentina, Brazil and Russia markets so the US farmer may not even get back to where they already were, much less get an even better deal.  But as long as Trump continues buying that agriculture vote with subsidies, the Trump support will endure.

Oh, BNSF has been furlowing guys left and right because there aren't any crops to move.  But those fuckers are still right on board with him, too.

The Chinese market may be lost forever:

https://www.axios.com/china-united-states-relations-new-cold-war-7be11ae3-a62f-4b0e-89fc-e75beb18903b.html

Bill Bishop of Sinocism tells me that President Xi Jinping and his team have concluded that China is far too reliant on the U.S. for technology and agriculture.

• So they have accelerated efforts to become self-sufficient, while also diversifying their reliance away from the U.S.
  • Even if there is a trade deal, that shift will not reverse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burt said:

I live in a farming community surrounded by other farming communities that are surrounded by yet other farming communities.  You have to drive 5 hours east, 4 hours south or 7 hours west (an hour north is Canada so that doesn't count) to get somewhere that ISN'T a farming community.  They rail on welfare constantly!  My wife and I went out to eat Saturday night with some friends who farm.  He just finished harvesting peas last week and is having a hell of a time finding an elevator that will take them.  They're all still sitting on peas from LAST year because there are no buyers.  And there aren't any buyers because of Trump's Trade War.  He's going to have the same issues here in a few weeks when he harvests his durum wheat and canola.

All we are saying is give peas a chance. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remember when Trump said Obama was the founder of ISIS?  

And he got away with it. Just like he’s getting away with blaming the Clintons for Epstein’s death. He has no class, he’s a bully and he’s a lying piece of shit.