Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

If I can file my taxes securely online, I should be able to vote online. 

The IRS and tax preparers get hacked frequently, that shit isn't secure at all. We really should return to paper ballots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

LOL.  Now the REALLY BIG coal burning plants are beginning to close.  The Navajo Generating Station in Arizona will be one of the largest carbon emitters to ever close in American history:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/and-now-the-really-big-coal-plants-begin-to-close/

Promises made. Promises broken. 

The Greenland story has to be a serious proposal from trump.

He sees the polls and knows there is a good chance he loses next year. While his loss isn’t a guarantee, he has an uphill battle. Assuming he loses, what are his big achievements that will put him in the history books?  Even if you can’t stand trump, he has reshaped the judiciary but history could just as easily give McConnell credit for that. No, trump has nothing that would allow him to stand out in a textbook. (And as many of us suspect, he will end up in the books for negative reasons.)

but bringing Greenland into the US could seriously be a big deal in the long run. Once much of that ice melts, it could be a mineral rich bonanza. Bring in trillions of wealth. Trumpland.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Greenland story has to be a serious proposal from trump.

He sees the polls and knows there is a good chance he loses next year. While his loss isn’t a guarantee, he has an uphill battle. Assuming he loses, what are his big achievements that will put him in the history books?  Even if you can’t stand trump, he has reshaped the judiciary but history could just as easily give McConnell credit for that. No, trump has nothing that would allow him to stand out in a textbook. (And as many of us suspect, he will end up in the books for negative reasons.)

but bringing Greenland into the US could seriously be a big deal in the long run. Once much of that ice melts, it could be a mineral rich bonanza. Bring in trillions of wealth. Trumpland.

spacer.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m confused. So...not the best people?

Has a guy that touted his ability to attract the best talent ever spent so much time shitting on all of the bums he then hired?

I’m curious why he does that...? Is it stupidity? A complete lack of self-awareness? 

Why can his brain not connect the dots there?

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Guarantee that Trump was told about some climate change study that showed Greenland as having some strategic value and decided he should tell the world. The rest of his admin is now trying to catch up and make it a real life thing. Clown shoes. 

What's he going to do when Russia invades and takes over Greenland before he can get his deal done. I'm sure his "Very fine people" diplomacy will solve the problem. 

14 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Guarantee that Trump was told about some climate change study that showed Greenland as having some strategic value and decided he should tell the world. The rest of his admin is now trying to catch up and make it a real life thing. Clown shoes. 

I think he was playing Risk.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just out of curiosity, why exactly would Denmark, a country that actually believes in climate change and is fully aware of Greenland’s potentially value in a warmer future world, want to sell Greenland for pennies on the dollar?

13 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Just out of curiosity, why exactly would Denmark, a country that actually believes in climate change and is fully aware of Greenland’s potentially value in a warmer future world, want to sell Greenland for pennies on the dollar?

I would be willing to bet, this has more to do with a certain someone putting a bug in Trumps hairy ear.  Russia and Denmark were having a bit of a dustup about 2 months ago, and Denmark was threatening to move/install air defense systems and fighters up to Greenland because of Russian incursion flights.  That was back in May/June and Denmark has ramped up their defense spending a bit in the interim.

Edited to add some links.

https://sldinfo.com/2019/06/denmark-greenland-and-the-f-35/

http://cphpost.dk/news/international-round-up-denmark-eyes-air-force-presence-in-greenland-as-russia-expands-in-arctic.html

https://www.arctictoday.com/keeping-eye-on-russian-build-up-danes-ready-to-send-fighter-jets-to-greenland/

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 3

I’m no Econ expert so does someone want to clue me in on what a basis point is?     

Adding 100 basis points means 1% added to the current percentage. You can’t say “up 1%” because that would mean applying the percentage to the initial value. Say the initial value is 50%. “Up 1%” could imply the new number is 50.5% (because 1% of 50% is .5%). Whereas adding 100 basis points tells you the new number is 51% 

(Or in this specific case, subtracting)

• Like 1

Apparently some psychologist claims that Google manipulated search results such that undecided voters leaned towards Hillary by some 2.6 to 10 million votes or more.

It's odd, when I googled to find the story, I had no problem getting a half dozen initial hits that were strong right-wing propaganda sites.  Censorship!

Fucking lunatics.

Apparently some psychologist claims that Google manipulated search results such that undecided voters leaned towards Hillary by some 2.6 to 10 million votes or more.
It's odd, when I googled to find the story, I had no problem getting a half dozen initial hits that were strong right-wing propaganda sites.  Censorship!
Fucking lunatics.

So google manipulating votes = Very Bad Russians manipulating votes = Meh.