Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

I first went to the County Line in 1977 after a game as an alternative to going to Coupland. Mmmmmmmm. Everything was great. There was only the one restaurant on the hill back in those days and the view was all country.

I've got to go shake my fist at some kids now.

36 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They are digging up old tweets, old articles, stuff written in college/high school, and even digging through information on journalists' family members.  

Haven't read the article, but I suspect that more so than NYT, WaPo, CNN journalists being targeted, this is about the "and others", i.e. Fox News.  Look at the "why now" of it.  Nothing has changed wrt NYT, WaPo, CNN reporting all along, but the non-opinion arm of Fox News has changed to some extent recently , and Trump has had a twitter-conniption over it. 

Regardless of what the majority of press reports that is bad for him, Trump can maintain the split as long as reality doesn't breach the Fox News holographic biome.  That's being threatened.  Even a smidge of reality injection is intolerable.  Also, seems like TrumpCo would have easy access to pre-packaged dirt on Fox employees.  Hell, Ailes et al probably were doing it internally with staff forever, for reasons.

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Take your negativity to the football board. What are you gonna bring up next, Rout 66? 

Fortunately, I was in NOLA that weekend.  Gave my tickets away to a friend.  We went with another couple (OSU alumni).  The wives went out shopping.  I convinced my buddy to go to the sports bar at the Flamingo to watch the game.  Early in the 2nd Q, I suggested that 1) we get the fuck outta there, and 2) we get absolutely shitfaced, my treat/apology for making him watch that shitty game.

I found a way to enjoy the day.  Pretty sure I ended up obnoxious drunk and really annoyed my wife, though.

Either way, I found that game more enjoyable than watching the current admin.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Those of us who attended that godawful 1991 Cotton Bowl aren't sure we agree with Hillary on this one....

Considering a hurricane possesses the energy equivalent of about 10,000 nukes, lobbing one might have accomplished Chris Samuels not getting concussed on the opening kickoff.  brrrrrr.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fortunately, I was in NOLA that weekend.  Gave my tickets away to a friend.  We went with another couple (OSU alumni).  The wives went out shopping.  I convinced my buddy to go to the sports bar at the Flamingo to watch the game.  Early in the 2nd Q, I suggested that 1) we get the fuck outta there, and 2) we get absolutely shitfaced, my treat/apology for making him watch that shitty game.

I found a way to enjoy the day.  Pretty sure I ended up obnoxious drunk and really annoyed my wife, though.

Either way, I found that game more enjoyable than watching the current admin.

My (then-) wife and I were at that game in our shitty season ticket seats, upper deck, west side.  It was hot as balls.  At halftime she looked at me and said "can I have the car keys"? 

I asked "why, did you forget something in the car?" 

"No, I'm leaving.  This sucks." 

"Uh, OK.  How do you expect me to get home?" 

"I don't care."

I left with her.  Watched the rest at home with my friends Jack & Jim.  God what a horrible, horrible game.

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'm glad I wasn't born till 92, and barely remember the 2001 Cotton bowl debacle. 

Most of us can't really remember the 2001 Cotton Bowl debacle because we were in the Holiday Bowl beating the Huskies.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I love that he named his marquee property in Miami after Doral cigarettes.  A once premium brand that got driven into the value section of your gas station's tobacco rack by shitty management and inferior ingredients.  It's literally the cigarette that embodies Trump, and now it's a fucking golf club where the real members of his student council group will be forced to meet because he offered to buy pizza and beers for everyone after 7th period.  

By the way, if you need something to while taking a shit after the Ranch 616 achiote enchiladas today...play dirty anagrams with 'Canada & Slovenia' as Trudeau and Melania gaze into one another's eyes wondering what life could be like unfettered:

A Anacondas Evil, Avoidances Anal, Canadian Loaves, Canadian as Love, Canada Sale Vino, Canada Save Loin, Canada Also Vein, Anaconda Slave I, Canals Ideal Nova, Saliva Ocean And, well you get the idea.  More fun than what I usually do while wiping after a big dump which is seeing I spot Trump's image in my stools like a fun cumulus clouds.  Which is what Trump refers to Ivanka as.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I love that he named his marquee property in Miami after Doral cigarettes.

He didn't name it.  He bought the Doral Resort in 2012.  I don't think the name has anything to do with the cigarette brand -- according to wiki, the name is a mashup of "Doris" and "Al", the husband and wife who developed the resort in 1962.

190826091038-g7-climate-meeting-no-trump

Trump representin' at the G7 climate change summit!  WH put out some crap about not being able to attend because he was meeting with Germany and India.  That's Angela Merkel on the right, and India's Narendi Modi is just off-photo on the other side of Merkel.  Weird that both of them could make the meeting...

• Like 1

Another vote for County Line has gone to shit.  Had it for the first time in years recently: the brisket and beans were majorly disapppointing.  The turkey and sausage were decent.  The pickles and onions were the highlight, and that ain't good.  4/10.  

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He didn't name it.  He bought the Doral Resort in 2012.  I don't think the name has anything to do with the cigarette brand -- according to wiki, the name is a mashup of "Doris" and "Al", the husband and wife who developed the resort in 1962.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but do you have Asberger's or something?  I know he didn't literally name a high-end resort after a shitty brand of cigarettes from the 1970's?  I mean, I get you don't like most of my posts and that's fine.  But this was just a silly one illustrating how much President Fuckstick has in common with this once premium brand of cigarettes that is now found in bargain bins at Duane Reade's throughout Long Island.  We have more in common politically thank you'd think but you're reminding me of the German tour guides in Patton Oswalt's standup comedy bit about his time in Berlin.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but do you have Asberger's or something?  I know he didn't literally name a high-end resort after a shitty brand of cigarettes from the 1970's?  I mean, I get you don't like most of my posts and that's fine.  But this was just a silly one illustrating how much President Fuckstick has in common with this once premium brand of cigarettes that is now found in bargain bins at Duane Reade's throughout Long Island.  We have more in common politically thank you'd think but you're reminding me of the German tour guides in Patton Oswalt's standup comedy bit about his time in Berlin.  

No to the Asperger's, no to giving a shit what you think of me.  You wrote the fucking post, and you certainly didn't provide even a shred of a clue that you knew where the name came from.

Sorry I bother you.  Try a less stressful community?

ok, so he wants to hold the 2020 g7 at the doral, which is against the law/violates the constitution because you can't make money off your private business interests while in office.  yet today, not for the first time, he mentioned that he's losing at least $3-5bb by being president (yeah yeah). 

so here's my thought - is this his eventual defense when the subject inevitably comes up?  "sure, i made $600mm off my businesses while president, but that's really losing $2.4bb when you think about it, so no, i didn't violate anything." 

President Trump on Monday claimed that first lady Melania Trump has “gotten to know” North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, prompting the White House to clarify that the two have never met.

Trump made the comment at a news conference at the Group of 7 summit in Biarritz, France. While answering a question about Iran, the president took a detour to discuss the country’s real estate potential, then pivoted to North Korea.

“I also say that, by the way, with respect to North Korea, Kim Jong Un — who I’ve gotten to know extremely well; the first lady had gotten to know Kim Jong Un, and I think she’d agree with me — he is a man with a country that has tremendous potential,” Trump said.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham issued a statement soon after noting that the first lady has never met Kim.

Just making it up as he goes. 

Anyone who has been to Doral knows that the place is an outdated piece of shit. Just like its owner. 

The Doral is a worn out old dump with no really outstanding features to make up for it, other than the “naked burger” in the bar and grill, which is one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.
  • Like 1

Remarkably, Trump’s performance behind closed doors managed to go even farther in pleading Putin’s case. “Trump’s extraordinary promotion of Putin proved to be the most tense disagreement,” reports the Washington Post, which adds that Trump’s fervent advocacy for Putin “was coolly received by other leaders at the gathering,” and that the meeting “went off the rails when Trump blasted leaders for not including Russia.”

Sources from inside the meeting tell the Post Trump’s presence was tantamount to having Putin himself in the room:But having such a forceful advocate for an authoritarian leader inside the room of democracies profoundly shaped the overall tone of the summit, one senior official said.

“The consequence is the same as if one of the participants is a dictator,” the official said. “No community of like-minded leaders who are pulling together.”

Edited by retread

The Doral is a worn out old dump with no really outstanding features to make up for it, other than the “naked burger” in the bar and grill, which is one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.

lol When the Doral news hit I wondered how long it would take for the naked burger praise.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Second confirmation. 

curious capitalization of "Nuclear."  You don't write, "I wanted to use Conventional weapons" or "I wanted to use Chemical weapons" or "I wanted to use Biological weapons."  

I mean, you're the fucking twatting expert, so get your shit together fuckstick.  You have 140 characters and half that in IQ points, so make it count.!