Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Really not a big deal with Chuck & Nancy this time.  The whole event was bullshit anyway.  Hopefully the Dems learn from their mistakes and get better at political warfare. 

They got cocky after kicking Trump’s ass in the Oval Office and assumed that success would translate to a completely different context.  It didn’t.  They still outplayed Trump, but appeared unimpressive and a little creepy in doing so.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

pelosi and schumer speaking outside the white house again.

describing trump "throwing a temper tantrum, slamming his hand on the table, and saying 'then there's nothing for us to talk about'" after pelosi said she did not agree with the wall.

It was good of Nancy to highlight the pain and suffering Trump is inflicting first.

Just now, retread said:

The shutdown was purportedly a reaction to Rush/Coulter being mean to Cheeto. I'm starting to think Putin is really behind all this. Maximum pain for Americans and the libruls.

Nah, Putin’s hand is always up Trump’s ass so anything can be attributed to him.  

This shutdown probably happened the way it was reported but Trump just recently realized how much he could exploit it.

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Schumer and a Botox riddled Pelosi mashed together like two overly prepped cadavers in a David Lynch scene was a nice touch.  What better way to mend the divide between the DNC and the rural working class than to lead off the year with the New York and San Francisco faces of a monopolized political machine?  The best way to shed the appearance of snooty coastal elites is to make two of the poster definitions of coastal elites the face of your party.  Next time they should both be holding martini glasses to get that Great Gatsby look to warm over welders, electricians, farmers and small business owners.  The DNC couldn't get laid in their own wet dream. 

republican middle america: we don't like coastal elites!

also republican middle america in 2016: we're totally voting for this billionaire from manhattan from a wealthy family who went to an ivy league school

also republican middle america in 2012: we're totally voting for this billionaire from a wealthy family who lives in massachusetts and went to an ivy league school

also republican middle america in 2000/04: we're totally voting for this millionaire from a wealthy new england family who went to an ivy league school (twice)

also republican middle america in 1988/92: we're totally voting for this millionaire from a wealthy new england family who went to an ivy league school

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Just tomahawked that from the waist over an exploding orange ball of manpus.  That's why you need Nancy.  But would also like to see AOC alongside as well. Chuck should have slowly put on a pair of shades once Nancy finished.

Edited by Mdhorn

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

republican middle america: we don't like coastal elites!

also republican middle america in 2016: we're totally voting for this billionaire from manhattan from a wealthy family who went to an ivy league school

also republican middle america in 2012: we're totally voting for this billionaire from a wealthy family who lives in massachusetts and went to an ivy league school

also republican middle america in 2000/04: we're totally voting for this millionaire from a wealthy new england wealth family who went to an ivy league school (twice)

also republican middle america in 1988/92: we're totally voting for this millionaire from a wealthy new england family who went to an ivy league school

QFT.

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

Trump looked exhausted and beat in that speech. He's had enough.   I just can't get over that 800,000 people and families are under massive financial duress and he doesn't give a damn. 

I cant get over the fact that some of those 800K still support this fucker.  On our union Facebook page, there are still members who openly support him.  Of course, they're blaming the shutdown solely on Pelosi and/or Schumer. 

Permit me to put forth a counter-argument in this one instance.
As against Trump at this particular moment in time, the Democrats need to play it (small-c) conservative.  Trump is losing this fight all on his own.  He's got the losing side of the argument on the merits.  And, with last night's speech, he's got the losing side of the argument on the substance.
You don't want anything that would distract from that.  For example, a Bobby Jindal-type performance would have been a disaster because it would have given our fickle and shallow media something to focus on other than Trump's terrible ideas and worse performance.  Whatever you think of them, Chuck and Nancy are professionals--they'll give a decent performance without any game-changing mistakes.
They may not inspire anybody to charge an enemy machine gun position, but we don't need that right now.  We just need to step off the tracks and watch this runaway train careen off the tracks.

ScarceFaintGalapagostortoise-mobile.jpg

Yes they do.  And there's never been a better time to seize that mantle.  The inability to shed those two from being framed as the front and center of the Democratic party is a monument to incompetence.  The notion that every middle class person who voted for Donald Trump is a racist is idiotic and infantile.  That level of histrionic bullshit becomes a caricature of itself.  Schumer and Pelosi mitigated nothing last night.  They were a detriment.

Did their response last even five minutes? I think you might be overreacting. 

36 minutes ago, Burt said:

I cant get over the fact that some of those 800K still support this fucker.  On our union Facebook page, there are still members who openly support him.  Of course, they're blaming the shutdown solely on Pelosi and/or Schumer. 

I’ll help you out 

1) They agree with him

2) They know it’s a trivial amount of money that Congress is withholding

3) They know they’ll get made whole after the fact. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We follow this stuff more closely than 99% of the public, and even I don’t really know much about the recent Manafort news. That isn’t a blip of an issue right now. His base will blame the Democrats for air travel woes, delayed tax funds, etc.

I completely understand, for sanity’s sake, trying to find some deeper meaning to Trump’s words and actions. I’ve been doing it as well. But he does not care or believe in anything except his own survival. That’s it. And his base will support him to the very end and beyond.  

That's his survival - distracting his base.  You're right - most don't realize how much is happening this week with Manafort, but Trump is obsessed with Mueller, and Trump knows that Coulter, Limbaugh, Fox News, etc., etc. are following the Manafort stuff closely as well.  Trump knows just how deep his shit is.

The more Trump can do to turn his base's gaze elsewhere, the better it is for him.  If they start looking at Manafort, then Trump runs the risk that his base won't pressure the Senate to defend him.

And it's not really about a deeper meaning, it's literally him bouncing from one crisis (in his mind) to the next, and so he just slings shit against the wall in the hopes of something sticking.

edit: and on some level, Trump knows the shutdown is not going his way, and so I expect we will see more tweets within 24 hours meant to distract his base and focus their gaze elsewhere.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Great point.  What a victory that in now way demonstrates the continuation of a stale and failed path forward.  She's Speaker, everybody!  Nothing left to approve on here!  Mission Accomplished! 

I don't know what you're seeing. It looks to me like she's got Trump by the balls. No wonder the GOP were so afraid of her and demonized her in all their campaign ads. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll help you out 

1) They agree with him

2) They know it’s a trivial amount of money that Congress is withholding

3) They know they’ll get made whole after the fact. 

4) They are gullible sheep who would believe that gay zombies are invading the country to help Hillary run her pedo sex ring in a DC pizza parlor if Trump tweeted it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

shart of the deal

This is the real-life equivalent of a movie scene where the desperate criminal grabs some poor woman (federal workers) at the end of a long chase and puts a gun to her head.  Always ends well for the criminal right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DigDug said:

I do get why those two mummies trotted out there last night.  But it is no doubt time to start transitioning to a younger more energetic direction.

"Mummies?" Are you only against them because they're old? Or even just because they look old?

Forget Pelosi's age, gender, or appearance for a moment. What is it about her job performance that you don't like?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Tester is great too because he comes off as your good old boy shit kicking Texan from Montana that happens to be a democrat.

Not to the mooks up here on Montana.  They think he's left of Pelosi.  I've met the man and he's just a regular ol' dude, but Farmer Brown from Montana thinks Tester is coming for their crop subsidies to give to the illegals.  

1 minute ago, Burt said:

Not to the mooks up here on Montana.  They think he's left of Pelosi.  I've met the man and he's just a regular ol' dude, but Farmer Brown from Montana thinks Tester is coming for their crop subsidies to give to the illegals.  

Interesting.  That makes him even more perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Burt said:

Might as well cut out the middle man...isn't that what the farmers do with it? After holding back their cut, of course.