Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

In his defense, there are a shit ton of Mexicans in McAllen.   Scares you to death.....

Trump is right. I was down in the valley not just two months ago and the browns were fucking everywhere. Most of them were super nice and spoke English somewhat better than I did but they also knew and occasionally spoke in Spanish and I just freaked the fuck out. Plus the accent was just weird. 

Also the Tex mex was pretty good but not as good as my old stand by, Chili’s 

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Dude. I hope you don’t think I was being serious. 

I rank Laredo number one for Tex mex, followed by El Paso and San Antonio. McAllen is a close number 4. 

Ha!  From now on you're Chili's Guy who gave the Mexi-Melt five stars.

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Go grab a Coors Light and a Dorito Ranch Taco and Truck Nutz and take the day off.

Later on today I’m gonna meet Chrispy at the brand new chili’s in the woodlands. He’s gonna tell me about his new jet.

I bet the only browns in sight will be bussin’ tables and choppin’ vegetables. As it should be. 

Just in case you forgot, this is America. 

• Like 3

On 1/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hey, look everyone.  Mexico is still going to pay for this.  It's on Trump's website:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

You would think some intern would have quietly removed this PDF from his website since the election, but here we are.

Update:  some intern finally got around to taking this pdf off the website.  It's still around,  thanks to archiving.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-thought-it-would-only-take-three-days-to-get-mexico-to-pay-for-the-wall?ref=home

That proposal, titled “COMPELLING MEXICO TO PAY FOR THE WALL,” was the stuff of MAGA fan fiction. Rolled out in a two-page memo in April 2016, the plan, now deleted from the Trump campaign website but retrieved through web archives, was a surprisingly detailed strategy—by Trump campaign standards—for forcing Mexico to cut an 11-figure check to the United States.

The scheme entailed a three-day diplomatic high-wire act touching on creative interpretations of national security legislation, international finance, and the finer art of ransom, all meant to take place during Trump’s first three days in office.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

It's pretty incredible to think there's isn't ONE Republican in Congress that is willing to truly defy Donald Trump. I'd guess the majority have made good money, especially the older politicians that could retire and live off their savings.  Or maybe return to a previous profession if they want to continue working.

Not a single one is willing to say "fuck this guy", retire or lose re-election, and ride off into the sunset feeling they did the right thing.  To set an example for their children or grandchildren.

That's how corrupt our government and society has become. Yikes. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's pretty incredible to think there's isn't ONE Republican in Congress that is willing to truly defy Donald Trump. I'd guess the majority have made good money, especially the older politicians that could retire and live off their savings.  Or maybe return to a previous profession if they want to continue working.

Not a single one is willing to say "fuck this guy", retire or lose re-election, and ride off into the sunset feeling they did the right thing.  To set an example for their children or grandchildren.

That's how corrupt our government and society the Republican party has become. Yikes. 

FIFY

I refuse to believe he is married to Kellyanne.  There's no way they could function together.  You can't have that much of an ideological difference with your wife and stay married.  Sure, there are a ton of people married to people that annoy the shit out of them in different ways, but this is beyond the Wives thread.  His wife is on the verge of pure evil and he's spouting off on twitter constantly against everything she stands for.  There is some part of this puzzle I'm not seeing.

• Like 4

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I refuse to believe he is married to Kellyanne.  There's no way they could function together.  You can't have that much of an ideological difference with your wife and stay married.  Sure, there are a ton of people married to people that annoy the shit out of them in different ways, but this is beyond the Wives thread.  His wife is on the verge of pure evil and he's spouting off on twitter constantly against everything she stands for.  There is some part of this puzzle I'm not seeing.

He's playing the public role they know is necessary to permit them to remain within Washington social circles once Trump is gone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

She publicly said many of the same thoughts prior to taking the job during the campaign, which is a wonder as to how she got the job and still has one.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

At a certain point, it ceases to be a marriage in the traditional sense and it becomes a business relationship.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

But what does Trump get out of tolerating George's abuse and not firing Kellyanne? She must have some really good shit on Trump.

How would he know unless someone told him? He thinks wheels were invented before walls and that Immortan Joe and his army are driving across the Texas border. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

But what does Trump get out of tolerating George's abuse and not firing Kellyanne? She must have some really good shit on Trump.

Trump doesn't see George's tweets as abuse.  He sees that as part of the game.

All of this is just a fucking game to him.  Yes, he has no empathy, no feelings, doesn't know shit.  But the thrust and parry he does with the media, members of the Democratic party, and yes, people who are conservative is all just a game to him.  The end (expansion of the Trump empire and cash) justifies the means.

All bets are off if and when Mueller does his data dump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I rank Laredo number one for Tex mex, followed by El Paso and San Antonio. McAllen is a close number 4. 

I miss Mexican food already.  Our local restaurant just closed this week because the owner was deported.