Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

53 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:
So, since the trolls screwed with things, I’ll toss this out again. 
Kushner and Pence met with Turtle on Thursday.  Two days later, Trump is announcing a plan to end the shutdown. Coincidence?

Whatever Trump is proposing today came out of that meeting. I think that's been reported.

Without the input of the Dems sounds pretty stupid, unless Donald is caving.  Turtle has to be close to breaking, even if he doesn’t seem like it. A shitload of major donors rely on non-DOD contracts that are affected by the shutdown.  And that’s not getting into the disruption if tens of thousands say fuck it and leave government service. 

Trump’s plan to fund the wall with money to be earned from Mexico in the new NAFTA = Dirk Digglar wanting credit to pay for his recording session of “Feel My Heat” with future record sales.

Then Trump’s shutdown = Sheriff Bart holding himself hostage.

Now his plan to end the shutdown that he’s 100% responsible should be a similar nonsense. We’re living a Simpsons episode.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So the offer is to stop trying to deport DACA recipients and some other brown people in a shitty situation in exchange for $5.7 billion for wall. Good luck with that. I'm going to start planning to hike the Appalachian trail cause I'm not going back to work any time soon. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-to-make-new-offer-to-democrats-as-government-shutdown-drags-on/2019/01/19/2cde029e-1bf3-11e9-9ebf-c5fed1b7a081_story.html?utm_term=.8be712bb0d1d

There are few things that really get under my skin, but screw him for that. I worked with a guy who is of Turkish descent and holy hell do most Turks hate that guy, but few are able to speak out. I don't know what he took from his friendship with McCain, but he must've missed the part about not being supporters of ruthless authoritarian assholes.

Oh and fuck Hedo Turkoglu for supporting him so strongly and being a puppet for that dictator. Much like his NBA career, his political views and support are worthless. I'd pay good money to watch Enes Kanter beat the ever-loving shit out of Turkoglu.

I lived in Turkey for three years as a teenager, one of those years off base in the village. I would ride my bike from the base to home, shop in ‘the alley’ bartering with the merchants, buy ekmek from the dude with the cart, talk with the old man who wanted to practice English, etc all at 13 years old.

Now I wouldn’t dare do any of those things as an adult alone given how toxic the climate is there. It’s really sad because I enjoyed living in a Muslim country full of unique history, charming people and moderate politics. Ataturk must be rolling in his grave.
  • Like 5