Tesla

AeroHorn

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/tech/tesla-recall-autopilot/index.html

Recall is an odd choice of terminology when the fixes take place through over the air updates, but Tesla is being forced to modify their FSD software. Apparently too many people trusting a system that should not be trusted to autonomously drive the car, so now the car will check more often and potentially disengage the system. More warnings is a bullshit measure in my opinion. If the data suggests drivers are ignoring "some warnings", adding more warnings is no guarantee they will be paying attention when needed. I'm still trying to figure out why Tesla is even allowed to beta test their crap software on the roads with the general public in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 6 months later...

Fisker files for bankruptcy, EV production is a crowded field & hard to find a profitable niche.
Lots of billions have been spent chasing Tesla

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/18/ev-startup-fisker-files-for-bankruptcy-aims-to-sell-assets.html

Fisker filed for bankruptcy protection late on Monday, as the U.S. electric-vehicle maker looks to salvage its operations by selling assets and restructuring its debt after burning through cash in an attempt to ramp up production of its Ocean SUVs.

The hyper-competitive EV market has seen several companies, including Proterra, Lordstown and Electric Last Mile Solutions, file for bankruptcy in the past two years as they grappled with weakening demand, fundraising hurdles and operational challenges from global supply chain issues.

The company, founded by automotive designer Henrik Fisker, flagged doubts about its ability to remain in business in February and later failed to secure an investment from a big automaker, forcing it to rein in operations.

The collapse of its talks with the automaker - which Reuters had reported to be Nissan - meant that it was denied $350 million in funding from an unnamed investor that was contingent on the automaker’s investment and forced Fisker to explore options.

“Like other companies in the electric vehicle industry, we have faced various market and macroeconomic headwinds that have impacted our ability to operate efficiently,” Fisker said.

In the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing in Delaware, its operating unit, Fisker Group Inc, estimated assets of $500 million to $1 billion and liabilities of $100 million to $500 million.

Its 20 largest creditors include Adobe, Alphabet’s Google and SAP, the filing showed.

Unfinished business

Fisker went public in late 2020 in a merger with a blank-check firm, valuing it at $2.9 billion and infusing its balance sheet with more than $1 billion in cash.

The listing was a second chance for its Danish CEO and founder to build an auto business after his first venture, Fisker Automotive, filed for bankruptcy in 2013, falling victim to the 2008 financial crisis and a battery failure in the Karma hybrid sedan that had led to a substantial recall.

Henrik Fisker - a former design consultant for Tesla - had said at the time of the listing that Fisker wanted to be the Apple of the auto industry by outsourcing manufacturing of its cars.

The “asset light model” was meant to reduce development times for vehicles and lower costs to take a vehicle to the market.

Its Ocean SUV, however, was wrought with software and hardware issues, with Consumer Reports, an influential non-profit, calling the vehicle “unfinished business.”

The car is also under regulatory investigation for braking issues, problems with shifting into park and other modes and failure of doors to open at times.

After delivering less than half of the more than 10,000 vehicles it produced last year, Fisker turned to a dealership-based distribution model in January, abandoning the direct-to-consumer approach pioneered by Tesla.

It had signed agreements for 15 dealer locations in the U.S. and 12 partners in Europe, but still failed to clear its inventory of more than 5,000 cars.

“After evaluating all options for our business, we determined that proceeding with a sale of our assets under Chapter 11 is the most viable path forward for the company,” Fisker said on Tuesday.

On 6/13/2023 at 2:03 PM, Guadaloopy said:

So no discussion of Ford and GM basically waving the white flag on charging standards?  Now that the big boys are on board, Tesla's NACS is going to be the standard in North America.  All other manufacturers will follow soon.  Tesla is going to bank a LOT for licensing and access to charging infrastructure.  

On 6/13/2023 at 2:14 PM, Biff Tannen said:

That was, imo, the best thing Tesla ever did. Build out the infrastructure knowing that if they started it and just made others pay for it, a) it would entice others to follow suit in building EVs and b) that it would be a huge revenue stream down the road. 

1234.  Makes it extra baffling why he fired the whole charging team.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Makes it extra baffling why he fired the whole charging team.

no, that's actually the easiest one to answer

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/inside-story-elon-musks-mass-firings-tesla-supercharger-staff-2024-05-15/

The day before Elon Musk fired virtually all of Tesla’s electric-vehicle charging division last month, they had high hopes as charging chief Rebecca Tinucci went to meet with Musk about the network’s future, four former charging-network staffers told Reuters.

After Tinucci had cut between 15% and 20% of staffers two weeks earlier, part of much wider layoffs, they believed Musk would affirm plans for a massive charging-network expansion.

The meeting could not have gone worse. Musk, the employees said, was not pleased with Tinucci’s presentation and wanted more layoffs. When she balked, saying deeper cuts would undermine charging-business fundamentals, he responded by firing her and her entire 500-member team.

Edited by NoName

21 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Fisker files for bankruptcy, EV production is a crowded field & hard to find a profitable niche.
Lots of billions have been spent chasing Tesla

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/18/ev-startup-fisker-files-for-bankruptcy-aims-to-sell-assets.html

That was one of the most predictable things ever.

The EV market is basically legit EV manufacturer that is Profitable - Tesla; legit EV manufacturer subsidized by Saudis and Bezos - Lucid and Rivian; and then a bunch of scams and pretenders a la Farraday, Nikola, Canoo, etc. Henrik Fisker has a hurrible track record.

• Hook 'Em 2

So I hear Tesla has an EV in the works that will be priced in the $25,000 range. 
Something like that could be a game changer in the lagging EV market.
But I don’t really know diddly squat.

If they get really popular, the infrastructure is going to be super fucked. It’s already not set up for what’s on it now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

If they get really popular, the infrastructure is going to be super fucked. It’s already not set up for what’s on it now.

And firing the entire 500 member tech department that has developed the charging infrastructure ain’t gonna help.

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

That was one of the most predictable things ever.

The EV market is basically legit EV manufacturer that is Profitable - Tesla; legit EV manufacturer subsidized by Saudis and Bezos - Lucid and Rivian; and then a bunch of scams and pretenders a la Farraday, Nikola, Canoo, etc. Henrik Fisker has a hurrible track record.

I hardly think any manufacturer that releases an albatross like the Cybertruck into the wild can be considered a “legit” manufacturer. It is, on no uncertain terms, a complete joke of a vehicle. Several major insurers won’t even insure them. Hardly legit. 

You also miss a whole lot of “legit” auto manufacturers that are seeing increases in EV sales as opposed to Tesla’s decreasing sales. 

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

So I hear Tesla has an EV in the works that will be priced in the $25,000 range. 
Something like that could be a game changer in the lagging EV market.

But I don’t really know diddly squat.

Elon doesn’t have the best track record of cashing the checks that his mouth writes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

And firing the entire 500 member tech department that has developed the charging infrastructure ain’t gonna help.

He re-hired most of them like 24 hours later. Elon is a fucking child with child like tantrums. That's all it was. It'll be interesting to see how it impacts things moving forward. 

1 hour ago, royiv said:

I hardly think any manufacturer that releases an albatross like the Cybertruck into the wild can be considered a “legit” manufacturer. It is, on no uncertain terms, a complete joke of a vehicle. Several major insurers won’t even insure them. Hardly legit.

Theyve put 6 million battery vehicles on the road. They produced the best selling vehicle globally for the last 2 years. Their vehicles are more American-made than any vehicle from any US brand.

But sure, theyre “hardly legit” because… you dont like Elon. 

Theyve also turned a profit for the last 4 years. Their “slowing” last 4 quarters US sales was 625,000 vehicles. The “legit auto manufacturer growing EV sales”, in 2nd place over the same period sold 80,000. They also separate EV business on their financials. Wanna share how much money that venture made?

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He re-hired most of them like 24 hours later. Elon is a fucking child with child like tantrums. That's all it was. It'll be interesting to see how it impacts things moving forward. 

That’s exactly how I described him to Mrs. Brat this morning. Dude is unhinged.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

It’s so annoying. If he was forced to step down, Tesla would be poised to stay at the top of the EV world and probably come out with some really good stuff, especially building up the charging infrastructure over the next few decades. Instead, I think they will slowly slip to the likes of Ford because Elon is such a psychotic narcissist. Tesla will still be a player, but he will the the reason they don’t continue to lead. 

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Theyve put 6 million battery vehicles on the road. They produced the best selling vehicle globally for the last 2 years. Their vehicles are more American-made than any vehicle from any US brand.

But sure, theyre “hardly legit” because… you dont like Elon. 

Theyve also turned a profit for the last 4 years. Their “slowing” last 4 quarters US sales was 625,000 vehicles. The “legit auto manufacturer growing EV sales”, in 2nd place over the same period sold 80,000. They also separate EV business on their financials. Wanna share how much money that venture made?

Care to share your thoughts on the Cybertruck? And, yes, I don’t like Elon and don’t think he’s a legit CEO at this point. I believe he is an existential threat to Tesla being an ongoing concern. The company is listless at best and chaotic at worst while others are catching-up. Companies lose their way all the time and I think that’s what’s happening to Tesla at this point. If and when the government teet dries up Tesla is fucked. Just as much as you make a point that I don’t like Elon (true) I can argue that your blind love of him Tesla blinds you to bright blinking red lights.

59 minutes ago, royiv said:

Care to share your thoughts on the Cybertruck? And, yes, I don’t like Elon and don’t think he’s a legit CEO at this point. I believe he is an existential threat to Tesla being an ongoing concern. The company is listless at best and chaotic at worst while others are catching-up. Companies lose their way all the time and I think that’s what’s happening to Tesla at this point. If and when the government teet dries up Tesla is fucked. Just as much as you make a point that I don’t like Elon (true) I can argue that your blind love of him Tesla blinds you to bright blinking red lights.

The Cybertruck is about to eclipse the sales of S&X combined, and is still backordered - meaning excess demand on the books. 

What happened with comparative sales when the government teet wasn’t offering consumers tax credits?

And for teet to the manufacturer, look at the governments balance sheet and tell me which automotive companies have a loan with federal bucks? (starts with F and ends with Ord)

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

The Cybertruck is about to eclipse the sales of S&X combined, and is still backordered - meaning excess demand on the books. 

What happened with comparative sales when the government teet wasn’t offering consumers tax credits?

And for teet to the manufacturer, look at the governments balance sheet and tell me which automotive companies have a loan with federal bucks? (starts with F and ends with Ord)

Dude, S&X are super low volume vehicles. Like they barely sell at all and they’re more stale than week old bread. Of course there’s a backorder on the Cyberturd. It’s brand new and they took a bunch of orders for the four years it was promised. A more interesting metric would be new orders. Man, you’ve got your head so far up Elon’s asshole that you could chew his food for him.

17 minutes ago, royiv said:

Dude, S&X are super low volume vehicles. Like they barely sell at all and they’re more stale than week old bread. Of course there’s a backorder on the Cyberturd. It’s brand new and they took a bunch of orders for the four years it was promised. A more interesting metric would be new orders. Man, you’ve got your head so far up Elon’s asshole that you could chew his food for him.

An interesting observation is how in a conversation solely about automotive manufacturing and finance you cant refrain from pivoting instead to other men and their assholes. 

Freud would have a field day with that. 

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

An interesting observation is how in a conversation solely about automotive manufacturing and finance you cant refrain from pivoting instead to other men and their assholes. 

Freud would have a field day with that. 

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

On 6/19/2024 at 1:48 PM, PilotsError said:

Musk Derangement Syndrome in full effect from the usual suspects I see.

What else do you call someone who in a fit fires everyone associated with one of the most important and successful parts of the company only to then rehire them 24 hours later? He is a child. I'm not sure he was always that way, but he shouldn't be in charge of Tesla anymore. He is holding it back and fucking it up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

What else do you call someone who in a fit fires everyone associated with one of the most important and successful parts of the company only to then rehire them 24 hours later? He is a child. I'm not sure he was always that way, but he shouldn't be in charge of Tesla anymore. He is holding it back and fucking it up. 

Quoted for truth.

6 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

You're talking to an insane person so good luck 

Elon is a man child who needs to get back on his meds, bud there’s no arguing tesla is a legit auto manufacturer, they made the EV market, first luxury then everyone wanted one, then the S and Y models so everyone could have one, and then every other major manufacturer jumped in to the game and of course there are head winds for the company that at one time was the only legit player. Elon needing to go doesn’t diminish the legitimacy of the company it does however put the financial future of the company at risk, that I’ll agree.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, troph said:

Elon is a man child who needs to get back on his meds, bud there’s no arguing tesla is a legit auto manufacturer, they made the EV market, first luxury then everyone wanted one, then the S and Y models so everyone could have one, and then every other major manufacturer jumped in to the game and of course there are head winds for the company that at one time was the only legit player. Elon needing to go doesn’t diminish the legitimacy of the company it does however put the financial future of the company at risk, that I’ll agree.

They're still insanely overvalued - the math doesn't add up to make them worth more than their next five competitors combined while selling a relively paltry number of vehicles with extremely poor build quality

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captainant said:

They're still insanely overvalued - the math doesn't add up to make them worth more than their next five competitors combined while selling a relively paltry number of vehicles with extremely poor build quality

How the market responds by driving stock values higher is somewhat irrelevant. I’ve driven two Teslas since 2017, I’ve found build quality to be fine - warranty has been good, helps to have 1/5 the total parts of an ICE car. I also find my 2016 X to be on par with 2021-2023 model cars when it comes to tech and features. You can hate all you want but Tesla forced innovation, changed the auto industry for good and is a dominant force and player. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

How the market responds by driving stock values higher is somewhat irrelevant. I’ve driven two Teslas since 2017, I’ve found build quality to be fine - warranty has been good, helps to have 1/5 the total parts of an ICE car. I also find my 2016 X to be on par with 2021-2023 model cars when it comes to tech and features. You can hate all you want but Tesla forced innovation, changed the auto industry for good and is a dominant force and player. 

It’s honestly shocking to me that you still own a Tesla given everything Elon stands for. How do you square supporting him financially while he foments hate?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, royiv said:

It’s honestly shocking to me that you still own a Tesla given everything Elon stands for. How do you square supporting him financially while he foments hate?

I own a car, I’m not paying him anything at the moment. At the time I bought it he wasn’t a conspiracy theorist anti trans whacko.

i also think it’s the best EV available and my trans existential crisis is only superseded by our climate existential crisis.

I’m very practical when it comes to living my values, purity is impossible.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

I own a car, I’m not paying him anything at the moment. At the time I bought it he wasn’t a conspiracy theorist anti trans whacko.

i also think it’s the best EV available and my trans existential crisis is only superseded by our climate existential crisis.

I’m very practical when it comes to living my values, purity is impossible.

Same. Would I buy a Tesla now?  Probably not. But I bought mine in 2018 and it’s paid off and I keep my cars for 10+ years if I can. I’m not making a statement with the car I drive. I do it for sustainability purposes and reliability. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Same. Would I buy a Tesla now?  Probably not. But I bought mine in 2018 and it’s paid off and I keep my cars for 10+ years if I can. I’m not making a statement with the car I drive. I do it for sustainability purposes and reliability. 

I might buy one again, depends on who makes the best EV at the time.  Would my decision be up for criticism? Sure. 

21 minutes ago, troph said:

I might buy one again, depends on who makes the best EV at the time.  Would my decision be up for criticism? Sure. 

Wow. Gotta say I’ve lost a little respect for you in this statement. You would be supporting a person who actively hates you and others like you and would prefer you don’t exist. Just driving a Tesla seems like a slap in the face to people like you, IMO. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, royiv said:

Wow. Gotta say I’ve lost a little respect for you in this statement. You would be supporting a person who actively hates you and others like you and would prefer you don’t exist. Just driving a Tesla seems like a slap in the face to people like you, IMO. 

So which car companies are trans positive? Lead by CEOs and major shareholders who are trans activists? Reality is I’m not asking for your respect and I’m not buying another Tesla right now either. So your demand for ideological purity is first premature and second wildly myopic and simplistic.

You can respect me or not, but I have to function in a world where every moment I’m dealing with people who might hate me with consequences that could ruin my life. it’s why I’m not fully open outside of this site. I think you fail to realize how impossible it is to live a life of ideological purity as a trans person in a cis gender world. we are not made for this world, we just are not. 

I spend more time ignoring the hate or concealing myself than just about anything I do.

So to be perfectly honest, buying a car is the least of my worries when it comes to living a fulfilling life where my family - my wife and kids the ones I promised a good life - are not dragged down by my constant personal existential crisis. 

and then there’s the planet to save…

and don’t take this the wrong way, I’m happy to talk about it more if you’d like. I’m not offended or upset I just think exercising your allyship is easy, living as a happy well adjusted trans person in society who can thrive and be a positive is really fucking challenging. 

and in 3-5 years if a better EV is out there I’m sure it’ll be the one we buy.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, troph said:

So which car companies are trans positive? Lead by CEOs and major shareholders who are trans activists? Reality is I’m not asking for your respect and I’m not buying another Tesla right now either. So your demand for ideological purity is first premature and second wildly myopic and simplistic.

You can respect me or not, but I have to function in a world where every moment I’m dealing with people who might hate me with consequences that could ruin my life. it’s why I’m not fully open outside of this site. I think you fail to realize how impossible it is to live a life of ideological purity as a trans person in a cis gender world. we are not made for this world, we just are not. 

I spend more time ignoring the hate or concealing myself than just about anything I do.

So to be perfectly honest, buying a car is the least of my worries when it comes to living a fulfilling life where my family - my wife and kids the ones I promised a good life - are not dragged down by my constant personal existential crisis. 

and don’t take this the wrong way, I’m happy to talk about it more if you’d like. I’m not offended or upset I just think exercising your allyship is easy, living as a happy well adjusted trans person in society who can thrive and be a positive is really fucking challenging. 

My wife and I went Rivian and never looked back. The R2 and R3 come out in 2026, but for us, the R1S is the perfect car. And the new refresh of the R1S has a 1,025 HP quad motor model that does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds that will be out next year. Since, you know, 835HP/2.9 seconds 0-60 on the current quad motor wasn't enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hornian said:

My wife and I went Rivian and never looked back. The R2 and R3 come out in 2026, but for us, the R1S is the perfect car. And the new refresh of the R1S has a 1,025 HP quad motor model that does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds that will be out next year. Since, you know, 835HP/2.9 seconds 0-60 on the current quad motor wasn't enough. 

If they are still around … no reason to think they won’t be. I’m just not in the market for at least 3 more years.  I’d need to vet ford and Amazon and bezos first…meh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And not to stay on the derail but hey …

What about the restaurant we went to for lunch? I didn’t check. What about the waiter who served us? What about Old Navy, Lowe’s, Petsmart we went to today. Oh and then H-E-B and LuLu, what about Porsche, our maid, my kids teachers, our school board, city council, HOA, oh the state bar and each of my clients. Man I could go on and on. My activism has always been up for criticism, but I do it my way by being better than just about everyone around me and the fact that I’m trans doesn’t matter.  Then one day the hater finds out I’m trans but I helped him get rich, or bailed his ass out, or I’m their neighbor, or their fishing buddy or whatever and their view of how dangerous we are is shattered. So buying or not buying a car as a form of activism is for comfortable cisgender folks. My activism is just living a well adjusted life with a smile on my face and I don’t really need someone’s respect who has lost it because in 3 years I might buy another Tesla. 

13 minutes ago, troph said:

I have no idea which CEOs are trans positive or trans activists, but I do know a CEO that promotes hate and gives a platform to others to spread hate and attack others. It’s not ideological purity, as you put it, to make an easy decision not to support a company that is led by a super shitty human being that constantly punches down. You claim to spend more time ignoring the hate, and in this case, I believe it since you’re completely ignoring one of the main sources of promoting hatred. There are a lot of car companies out there and it’s easy to not support the one led by a bigot.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, royiv said:

I have no idea which CEOs are trans positive or trans activists, but I do know a CEO that promotes hate and gives a platform to others to spread hate and attack others. It’s not ideological purity, as you put it, to make an easy decision not to support a company that is led by a super shitty human being that constantly punches down. You claim to spend more time ignoring the hate, and in this case, I believe it since you’re completely ignoring one of the main sources of promoting hatred. There are a lot of car companies out there and it’s easy to not support the one led by a bigot.

Thanks for telling me how to be me. Lose respect for me for a purchase I haven’t made yet and may not make three years from now or not. I don’t care.

hornian mentions rivian I haven’t spent one second looking at them or any other EV.  Heck in 3 years Elon may have come out and be in transition and may be a new woman all together. Who knows. When I need one I’ll look and pick one that makes sense for me. 

Edited by troph

4 minutes ago, troph said:

And not to stay on the derail but hey …

What about the restaurant we went to for lunch? I didn’t check. What about the waiter who served us? What about Old Navy, Lowe’s, Petsmart we went to today. Oh and then H-E-B and LuLu, what about Porsche, our maid, my kids teachers, our school board, city council, HOA, oh the state bar and each of my clients. Man I could go on and on. My activism has always been up for criticism, but I do it my way by being better than just about everyone around me and the fact that I’m trans doesn’t matter.  Then one day the hater finds out I’m trans but I helped him get rich, or bailed his ass out, or I’m their neighbor, or their fishing buddy or whatever and their view of how dangerous we are is shattered. So buying or not buying a car as a form of activism is for comfortable cisgender folks. My activism is just living a well adjusted life with a smile on my face and I don’t really need someone’s respect who has lost it because in 3 years I might buy another Tesla. 

Did the restaurant you had lunch at have a big banner outside that said “Queers not welcome?” Does Charles Butt spread racist propaganda in his stores? When I shopped at my neighborhood HEB last weekend, it was totally decked out for Pride and the workers were wearing shirts that say Here Everyone Belongs. Maybe it’s window dressing since I live in the gayborhood. I don’t know. But I do know that I won’t support a business if it’s led by a person who openly and actively spews hatred. It’s pretty easy.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Thanks for telling me how to be me. Lose respect for me for a purchase I haven’t made yet and may not make three years from now or not. I don’t care.

hornian mentions rivian I haven’t spent one second looking at them or any other EV. When I need one I’ll look and pick one that makes sense for me. 

I’m not telling you how to be. I’m just flabbergasted that you would even consider a Tesla at this point. You do you. You yourself said the decision could be open to criticism.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Did the restaurant you had lunch at have a big banner outside that said “Queers not welcome?” Does Charles Butt spread racist propaganda in his stores? When I shopped at my neighborhood HEB last weekend, it was totally decked out for Pride and the workers were wearing shirts that say Here Everyone Belongs. Maybe it’s window dressing since I live in the gayborhood. I don’t know. But I do know that I won’t support a business if it’s led by a person who openly and actively spews hatred. It’s pretty easy.

I respect your position. I haven’t made the purchase since he became a whackadoo. I won’t buy one for at least 3 years. I’m not selling my car. It’s not a present issue so let’s just move on. 

Just now, royiv said:

I’m not telling you how to be. I’m just flabbergasted that you would even consider a Tesla at this point. You do you. You yourself said the decision could be open to criticism.

Dude I’m not considering anything. I said I would buy the best EV at the time. 3-5 years from now. You fucking lost it on me. It’s a bit much man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, hornian said:

I’m seeing a lot more Rivians on the road lately. At first I didn’t know if I liked the look or not, but they’ve really grown on me. I’ll be interested in seeing the R2 and R3 on the road. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I respect your position. I haven’t made the purchase since he became a whackadoo. I won’t buy one for at least 3 years. I’m not selling my car. It’s not a present issue so let’s just move on. 

Dude I’m not considering anything. I said I would buy the best EV at the time. 3-5 years from now. You fucking lost it on me. It’s a bit much man. 

Fair enough. I get pretty worked up about shitheads that punch down and that’s all Elon does these days. I consider him to be a purveyor of hate and evil and I think he’s a danger. I want to live in a world of acceptance and, for some reason, I don’t think he agrees with me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, royiv said:

Fair enough. I get pretty worked up about shitheads that punch down and that’s all Elon does these days. I consider him to be a purveyor of hate and evil and I think he’s a danger. I want to live in a world of acceptance and, for some reason, I don’t think he agrees with me.

That’s fair and I will make you a deal - I will certainly consider his shitheadiness at that time.  If rivian is still around and their used car market is robust this convo will probably be a moot point then. In the end I just want us all driving EVs and stop spilling  CO2 fumes out our tailpipes. And the best EV makers are going to be the ones that get us there. Hopefully Tesla won’t be the best and hopefully many more take their place.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

This may keep the convo flared up but I care about EV adoption maybe more than trans rights so when I see more teslas on the road I don’t think “fuck that guy” I think “thank god there are more EVs on the road.” 

that sounds like a false dichotomy but right now it is the reality a scumbag is the CEO of the most prolific and advanced EV cars out there right now. Unfortunately my right to live comfortably as a trans woman is inextricably intertwined with climate change too.

it is what it is. 

maybe rivian and others displace Tesla while adoption continues to increase rapidly. That would be nice.

oh and btw … 

IMG_4989.jpeg

I will also say that it seems Elon’s influence and spreading of stupid, hateful ideas seems mainly confined to Twitter, which is relatively small in the social media sphere. Not excusing it or ignoring it at all, but I would bet the majority of Tesla owners don’t even know he’s gone off the deep end because his bullshit just doesn’t penetrate mainstream society that much. 

I wouldn’t know much about it if it weren’t for the thread in DT.

Posted (edited)

To be fair he’s a dickface at Tesla too. He’s a 100% POS. But I’d honestly trade my rights away for the rest of my lifetime if I could guarantee climate change would be stopped. 

Edited by troph