I caught the cancer

Burt

12 hours ago, seven said:

Two weeks in the hospital, got out this afternoon. I've been blasting/dribbling liquid out of my ass every 1-3 hours for 3 days with no end in sight. I know this will be worth it in the end but right now my butthole thinks I'm a real jerk. 

While this is still going on, fly to Manzanillo and go to this one seafood place I visited. When they come to take your order, Just tell em "No need, I already got what y'all gave to RDCanecutter."

No wait. I told it wrong. It was the deli hot lamp fried chicken in that grocery store that abutted that little mall in Colima, Plaza San Fernando I think it was. Except Street View tells me the grocery is gone and there's a movie theater. Now the joke might still work-- in Mexico you can walk into a cinema, plop down 5 bucks worth of pesos, get a movie ticket, drink, and some sort of big-ass hotdog. OK, with inflation maybe budget 7 bucks. Now the enjoyment might be lessened by shitting all over the seat, but they generally have an intermission down there so you can go wipe your ass and then come back in the dark and choose a new seat.

Edited by RDCanecutter
mierda
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Couldn’t edit my last post but that was it exactly.   9mm lesion on the apex, 3+4 and no input yet on the genetic aggression thing, whatever that. Is.  

Praying for you JR. I also went radical prostatectomy via da Vinci at 48. Gleason score of 7.  My Decipher genomic test came back that I had a more aggressive type so glad we were on it early.  9 months post surgery and I’m pretty well back to normal. Happy to share any of my experience if helpful. Feel free to ask away here or shoot me a DM. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Frieda’s Boss said:

Praying for you JR. I also went radical prostatectomy via da Vinci at 48. Gleason score of 7.  My Decipher genomic test came back that I had a more aggressive type so glad we were on it early.  9 months post surgery and I’m pretty well back to normal. Happy to share any of my experience if helpful. Feel free to ask away here or shoot me a DM. 

I might hit you up, my next consultation is in a week.  Appreciate you sharing.

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Tumor in the head is GONE, maaaaan.

That’s great and all man…. but you do realize you’ve just lost your best excuse for the shit that comes out of your mouth.

Edited by Gatorubet
if it got lonesome for Ceti Alpha 5, who are we to judge?
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/11/2024 at 1:02 AM, Frieda’s Boss said:

Good to hear, curious who/where you had do the surgery.   Pm me if you’re not comfortable sharing with the rest of these miscreants.   I’ve had some concerns about surgery but good to hear you are back to relative normal.

9 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Good to hear, curious who/where you had do the surgery.   Pm me if you’re not comfortable sharing with the rest of these miscreants.   I’ve had some concerns about surgery but good to hear you are back to relative normal.

I’m in SoCal (OC) so I’m not sure I’m going to be able to help with specifics on MDs. I will say, we interviewed 4 or 5 and had a lot of questions regarding how many procedures they’ve done, would it be them personally or a fellow, rates of recovery, nerve-sparing process, etc. I knew I didn’t want radiation therapy  unless it absolutely looked necessary. From what I understand (by all means, do your research), RT is hard on you and mutates the tissue in the area such that if you do have to go in for a subsequent surgery, then there’s little chance of salvaging anything (particularly nerves) so “function” is highly unlikely and incontinence is highly likely. My thought was the chance for best outcome was surgery first and then RT if necessary.

If it can be a help to you or anyone else, I’m happy to share anything here about procedure itself, recovery, lingering effects (“function”, incontinence), things I didn’t expect, etc. So feel free to fire away as questions or concerns arise. 

• Hook 'Em 1