Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I hate seeing these. And I do try to help whenever I can but this little girl is a perfect dog. If y’all know anyone in California that can adopt her before she is euthanized tomorrow I’d be grateful. Or at least I know I did my best to try. 

I hate this.  I have to say goodbye to Bailey soon, and I don't know what to do after that.  I want to rescue every dog I see.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TOR said:

So good.  That little guy would fight to his death to protect his family.

He's 1/2 JRT. Dude would take on a grizzly if he had to. Once at the dog park an ugly poodle mix lunged at me as we were walking in. Biscuit nearly tore out of his harness trying to get to it. That dog was about 3x his size but I have no doubt that he would've destroyed that dog if I didn't have him still on a leash. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

He's 1/2 JRT. Dude would take on a grizzly if he had to. Once at the dog park an ugly poodle mix lunged at me as we were walking in. Biscuit nearly tore out of his harness trying to get to it. That dog was about 3x his size but I have no doubt that he would've destroyed that dog if I didn't have him still on a leash. 

We don't deserve them.  Some caveman did us all a solid back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Blue is like that. She is not having any nonsense. She only weighs about 45 pounds, but has taken down dogs more than twice her size who she felt were a threat to me. She's so quick about it that they don't have time to react until she has them pinned on their back.

• Hook 'Em 3

Is there a “reputable” weight estimator for dogs that anyone has found useful/semi accurate to predict a puppy’s adult weight?  I’ve looked up a few and they all seem to say my pup is gonna be over 100lbs😳

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Is there a “reputable” weight estimator for dogs that anyone has found useful/semi accurate to predict a puppy’s adult weight?  I’ve looked up a few and they all seem to say my pup is gonna be over 100lbs😳

I did the embark dna test when Sebastian was a puppy and it predicted an adult weight of 64 lbs.  He turned out to be 80 lbs

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

My neighbor is having a rough time and asked me if I would take his dogs.  This is Ghost, he's an awesome all white something or other.  The other one is a little shitzu yapper.  Don't know how Bailey is going to react to having 2 new boyfriends.  I can pretty much guess what the cat is going to think about it.

ghost.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Are you going to take them in? That white dog is good looking. 

I think I am going to take them, yeah.  At least for a while.   Ghost has heterochromia, he looks really cool.  For some reason he looks big in the pic but he' s not much bigger than Bailey.  The little yap dog looks like an ewok.  I think my bro needs a dog in his new mountain home, maybe he can take Ghost.  I have to work on his wife though.  

• Hook 'Em 2