Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Terrific dogs. My phone alarm didn’t go off this week, and I would have badly overslept this week if the dogs didn’t wake me up. They demonstrated tangible financial value.

I really like how they carry themselves. Chest out, head up, they look like a million bucks. It also doesn’t hurt that they look like alive teddy bears.

They adore my wife. Follow her everywhere, always on her lap or sleeping on her chest. They’ve really lifted her spirits, and she’s great with them. She’s had some bad luck with dogs, but raised lambs as a child. She’s a natural. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, stc said:

Just biding her time waiting for someone to walk by that she can bark at.

bde2017f55e80eb1471c38f00615a24f.jpg

ps.  she is a beauty look at that poopy poops give me kisses omg!

i did not say that out loud

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, stc said:

Ziggy is 9 years old this month

d5941fc6b4bd742a4d03cb6741f50f4f.jpgd3a4f4b0984df073b4bbbccf2387261d.jpg

I would say get zigs checked out for arthritis but that’s their signature move both pics sitting and leaning on their side.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

About 10 seconds after I took this pic on the Port A. beach this afternoon, the yellow lab took a big dump right in front of the kid…

IMG_5761.jpeg

In the ocean?  Who's a good boy?

On 6/9/2024 at 3:38 PM, Handcruser said:

That’s fucking Marty. Marty Moose.

He will live with us forever.

Marty will be torn to pieces eventually.  And then you will sew him back together into some kind of Frankenstein Marty, because dog is sad he killed Marty and cannot play anymore.

And the dog will love it again, and play with Marty until he tears him apart.

• Haha 1

Just now, rage-a-holic said:

We bought a big box of 100 used balls on craigslist for $15, pulled out 20 that still had good bounce and left the rest for the dogs. 

The first time we put the box on the floor, they went apeshit, trying to grab 2 balls at a time, hiding them everywhere in the house, then coming back for more. We're still finding balls in random places a month later.

image.thumb.png.05209167b148a110c6efbc922bf9a848.png

Hell yeah!

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

My stinky boy is 14 and still frisky. His favorite things in the world are snuggling on the couch while we watch UT Football, walk time, fetch, and a small mcdonalds hamburger plain and dry. When I got him, he was 8 weeks old and fit in the palm of my hand. I had a job that was dog friendly at the time, so he spent the first entire year of his life sleeping on my lap. Instant bond, greatest dog I've ever had.

His name is Texas, long may he reign!

d383c0f6804dd9bd.jpg

On 6/13/2024 at 12:24 PM, rage-a-holic said:

We bought a big box of 100 used balls on craigslist for $15, pulled out 20 that still had good bounce and left the rest for the dogs. 

The first time we put the box on the floor, they went apeshit, trying to grab 2 balls at a time, hiding them everywhere in the house, then coming back for more. We're still finding balls in random places a month later.

image.thumb.png.05209167b148a110c6efbc922bf9a848.png

Texas absolutely loves tennis balls. I have to buy him a new can every couple of weeks or so. Obviously he loves to play fetch, but he also loves to chew them really hard and make them pop. He'll lay down with a ball in his bed and try to pop a tennis ball for hours. Every time he gets a new ball, it's his favorite toy and he'll carry it everywhere. Sometimes I even catch him with his paws on it, pinning it to the floor, giving it kisses up and down like he's in love with it. Every time he is told to go night-night, he'll head to his bed, then stop in his tracks, remember he needs to go get the ball, then look around anxiously until he finds it and can secure it and bring it to bed with him. Every other toys he's gotten, he'll rip to shreds, but tennis balls are the constant toy his entire life.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1