Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

I am glad you have found your inner dog lover and didn’t haul his ass to the pound the second your 8 year old lost interest in the dog.

Every week we get besieged with dog rehoming requests in various boards stating “ I didn’t know you had to feed them very day!” Or “I just wanted a dog during Covid!”

Glad you have a new family member and buddy. They are a gift from God, at least that’s how we see it. Enjoy!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

His ability to read my mood and adjust accordingly to make me feel better or at least avoid making shit worse is uncanny.

That's just implied when you say dog.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

goddamn doggah - my little princess - tore her ACL and shes at the age where surgery isnt really recommended.

a month ago, when she showed distress, the stupid smalltown bumfuck vet where we were at did a shit examination and concluded it was merely a sprain.  she hides her pain well, and didnt show any affects after that.  i feel really guilty for dragging her around the lake last weekend.  today with our normal home vet they said it was a clear tear 😪

• Like 4

Idoits killed a skunk last night. After rolling around in it for a while, they brought it up on the porch. They were so proud. Bon Bon the terrier mix wanted to play tug of war with it.

She didn't understand why I didn't want to play with them, since she loves tug of war with me (Jack the black lab mix doesn't do the tug of war thing). Nor did they understand why they had to sleep outside last night. 

Nor will they understand why they are getting a bath when I get home. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Finally not traveling 3 weeks a month for a bit. Fostering this dude for a friend who has had a bit of a rough few months and with school starting with his kids. Name is Chase, he’s dope but sheds like a motherfucker god damn

IMG_3394.jpeg

IMG_3398.jpeg

IMG_3397.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2024 at 12:33 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Idoits killed a skunk last night. After rolling around in it for a while, they brought it up on the porch. They were so proud. Bon Bon the terrier mix wanted to play tug of war with it.

She didn't understand why I didn't want to play with them, since she loves tug of war with me (Jack the black lab mix doesn't do the tug of war thing). Nor did they understand why they had to sleep outside last night. 

Nor will they understand why they are getting a bath when I get home. 

Understanding what your dog is capable of is a lesson to be taught to all dog owners.

Luna requires order like any shepherd would. When shit head dogs act up she's on it.

Why I've spent the last seven years avoiding shit dogs/owners.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Happy 8th Birthday to this absolute legend.

Harvey is a very handsome, good boy.

20240824_123131.jpg

20240619_093447.jpg

2323262f0927d691b607b4b21e5f13d8_0.jpeg

20231231_141453.jpg

20231215_204557.jpg

20231027_142821.jpg

20230312_182518.jpg

Happy birthday Harvey.  Those expressions tell you all you need to know about this fine boy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Stupid made-up holidays, usually for some $$ reason, but, hey, this is National Dog Day, FFS. Here's Rufus, followed by good dogs passed, Maybe (long story) - crazed Boston yet chillin' in the sunny window, Eleanor in her chair - granddaughter's who came with her every day to Gramps' Daycare, and blind Sophie lovin' the sun - which though she never really mapped the house knew damn well where there was sun.

82061095_10212801362427213_5340794164743241728_n.jpg

Image 1.jpg

Edited by Fuga
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

In honor of dog remembrance this is Amber.

Had dogs growing up but she was the first I could call my own. She lived a solid 17 years until her swift decline in her last few weeks. 

She loved kayaking and car rides. She would play fetch until she wore you out.

RIP sweet girl.

20150606_113703.jpg

She was a crotchety old gal but she was a good dog. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Today is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, so I'd like to take a moment to remember Gandy (Lord Gandalf's Bane) pictured below, and my two male all-black GSDs, Duke (Duke Wayne of Greenwood Village) and Price (Prince of Brighton Place) whom I no longer have any pictures of thanks to my ex's petty bitterness.  Sebastian and I look forward to seeing you guys some day

Gandy.jpg

Gandy looks a lot like my old Malamute Kosmo when she was a pup. RIP to both. p_v22auy4a23v0426.thumb.jpg.41d2f0cc21620f2d6c720a603776da9a.jpgp_v22auy4a23v2415.thumb.jpg.c2d165e8a7ec3715161607034954bf67.jpgp_v22auy4a23v0422.thumb.jpg.61d99f380ad32c3cab4129fd260504a3.jpg

• Hook 'Em 7

On 8/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, Texzilla588 said:

53a09aebb60ff742122fbfa2c4d95f03.jpg
This is River. She belongs to my next door neighbor who sits in his garage day and night and lets her sit in the front yard. She never leaves the yard except..

When our terrier died last year I had a ton of treats leftover. So I’d occasionally give her one. She’d start coming into my garage if she heard me. She figured out that if the mail lady came I would go out to the box. If the Amazon truck came or grocery delivery I would come out. And she trained me to give her a treat. So now she will come on over as the truck leaves and stand in front of the Ring as she knows I’m coming with a treat. She is such a big sweet girl.

She has helped my wife cope with the last loss, which always starts with a resolute “I can’t do another one”. River is breaking down that wall. Wife loves this dog and now River passes by me to look for the wife. Good girl.

How proto-wolfs became doggos.