Weird Al

tbone_

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Underdog said:

I've read/heard that he's quite the musician that most don't realize given his shtick. 

Saw him on the Mandatory Fun tour, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

And yeah, you gotta be a good musician to play everyone else's shit PLUS your own hits. To this day, DEVO founder Mark Mothersbaugh is jealous that Al wrote, in "Dare to be Stupid," a better DEVO song than DEVO ever made themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

Man, I loved him growing up in the 80s.  I played the shit out of my In 3D and Dare to be Stupid cassettes, and I loved UHF.  He's always seemed like a genuinely good and humble dude.

Jonah Ray Franks 2Ktv GIF by Burger Records

Edited by Wiler77
I suck at the internet
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Jonah Ray Franks 2Ktv GIF by Burger Records

HORRIBLY underrated movie. Was released on the absolute worst possible weekend.

27 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Thanks for the tip.  Chad Jr. and all his buddies are squarely in his demo now and are thoroughly enjoying him.  I think I'll surprise them with some tix. 

Better get em fast.

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

HORRIBLY underrated movie. Was released on the absolute worst possible weekend.

It was the film which caused Orion to go out of business. It had the best pre-screening reviews of any movie in their history, and instead of letting it ride as a mid-budget success that would pull in way more than they cost to produce, they made it the single biggest marketing push in Orion history. Bigger than robocop. Hence, it ballooned the budget way way up on the marketing side, and was officially classified as one of the biggest bombs in movie history. Big enough to kill Orion. And all because they wanted to turn it into a blockbuster when it wasn't and never was intended to be.

One of the funniest movies of all time. Both Weird Al movies are fucking hilarious, actually. And so it a lot of his music. Weird Al fucking rules.

• Hook 'Em 1

I legitimately love this song, maybe even more than the Dire Straights original. This is so fucking good, they actually got Mark Knopler and Guy Fletcher from the real Dire Straights to play background. And they also got the original production company which did the Dire Straights music video, which eventually became Mainframe Entertainment, the creators of Reboot. A lot of fucking awesome pedigree in that silly song.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1