The Grand Tour

elfenix

32 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The feels, my friends, will be bittersweet.

Why do I feel like someone’s cutting onions while I watched that trailer?

IMG_5565.gif

Edited by Dutch

On 12/25/2022 at 9:04 PM, SDG said:

Been watching this series and their production value has increased dramatically.  They do a better job than US TG at carrying on the old tg legacy.

Christmas special is their latest.

These guys have all the charisma, wit and charm of Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy and Rick Steves.

• Haha 1

I always enjoyed Rick Steves' tour programs for Europe.  He was perfect for a blend of mainstream attractions, and a few off the beaten path suggestions, of the family-friendly variety.

Although I also hear he's quite the lover of the hippie lettuce, so I wonder if he's got another set of tour guide books under a pseudonym that would be more... Snoop-friendly... shall we say?

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

These guys have all the charisma, wit and charm of Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy and Rick Steves.

Amazing how they convinced someone to pay them to be on tv for the last 22 years, eh?

2 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

WTF are you talking about? Those "Car Trek" guys aren't on TV and have only been doing videos for about 4 years.

Pretty sure mittens is confused,  no need to rage...oh..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

I always enjoyed Rick Steves' tour programs for Europe.  He was perfect for a blend of mainstream attractions, and a few off the beaten path suggestions, of the family-friendly variety.

Although I also hear he's quite the lover of the hippie lettuce, so I wonder if he's got another set of tour guide books under a pseudonym that would be more... Snoop-friendly... shall we say?

Timely reference... 

Rick Steves Reveals Cancer Diagnosis in Moving Social Media Post

• Rage+1 2

19 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Okay the first two were funny but why are you putting Rick Steves in an insult?  

btw. Jeremy is opening a pub today so the timing works.  

2 hours ago, SDG said:

Okay the first two were funny but why are you putting Rick Steves in an insult?  

Are you and Rick in a relationship? You may not have noticed, but Rick is basically Ned Flanders' real life twin.

And I own a dozen of Rick's books.

Edited by rage-a-holic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is just perfect... of course they did:

Grand Tour stars committed ‘international crime’ without realising in final episode

“One of the bits of the story that’s disappeared, which will make this not make sense, is that we discovered that in Zimbabwe you can buy silver for pennies, really surprisingly cheap.

“So we decided to buy a lot of it and use it to fashion accessories for our cars. Then when we got to the border with Botswana, we thought, ‘Oh, sh*t, we’ve got all this silver’.”

Hammond chipped in: “We weren’t supposed to have it”.

“So we had to get across into Botswana without anybody noticing that we’ve got quite a lot of silver about our person,” Clarkson continued.

“You smuggled silver, huge amounts of it into Botswana,” Mariella Frostrup, who hosted the event interjected as she called the trio “perhaps the world’s dumbest criminals.”

• Haha 1

Just finished it up. Damn. Going to miss new content from the 3 of those together. Kind of sucks they couldn't do a real montage at the end as I'm sure the BBC told them to fuck off, but still a great ending. 

"It's the tool of charlatans"

Fucking greatness. 

• Like 1