Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

All I see are 2 man faces

goddamn...that’s the second sexually ambiguous person who’s responded.

the face? really? fucking really?

you have no clue how this works, do you?

edit: and two of you fuckers liked that comment.

Steel Shank, et al. needs to get these troops in order.

embarrassed for you y’all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

goddamn...that’s the second sexually ambiguous person who’s responded.

the face? really? fucking really?

you have no clue how this works, do you?

edit: and two of you fuckers liked that comment.

Steel Shank, et al. needs to get these troops in order.

embarrassed for you y’all.

You post on another fanbase’s message board. 

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

All I see are 2 man faces

I was going to post similar, but decided to wait it out thinking I can’t be the only one. 

Also, seems like she may have a narrow field of peripheral vision. Steven Tyler’s tomboy younger sister?

Edited by Wishbone
  • Haha 1

Coach Hand has dinner with this guy & his family Friday. I’m not sure how he fits in to our O-Line room but there’s two guard spots open. He’s a little slow when he pulls but he’s a mauler in the run game & solid in the pass. He also can comprehend stunts which is already an upgrade over Vahe. 

Edited by CastHorn

8 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

been here and its various manifestations for 15+ years, rookie.

go fuck yourself...with vigor. like you usually do.

I’d hope he fucks himself with vigor. Shit, i’d hope that part would be redundant. Suggesting he jerk off with limp-wristed disinterest seems more of a hex on someone, but thats just me.

Also, generally speaking, Im not sure “i’ve been here for 15 years” is any kind of special retort that achieves what you’re looking to do here...

“Man, you seriously suck massive, massive rhinoceros dick.”

”Ive been doing this for 15 years rookie.”

“Your shoes are on backwards.”

”I’ve been doing this for 15 years, rookie!”

I think we expect more of our longer tenured members, sir.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CastHorn said:

Coach Hand has dinner with this guy & his family Friday. I’m not sure how he fits in to our O-Line room but there’s two guard spots open. He’s a little slow when he pulls but he’s a mauler in the run game & solid in the pass. He also can comprehend stunts which is already an upgrade over Vahe 

You obviously didn't pay super close attention to the play in his highlights starting at 0:48.

Not saying we should pass on him, because we shouldn't.  But to think this guy is going to come in and save the day is a bit foolish.  Even so, Hand showed the ability last year to take guys like this (Vahe; ERod) and turn them into really solid OL in a single year.  I'm all for taking this guy.

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You obviously didn't pay super close attention to the play in his highlights starting at 0:48.

Not saying we should pass on him, because we shouldn't.  But to think this guy is going to come in and save the day is a bit foolish.  Even so, Hand showed the ability last year to take guys like this (Vahe; ERod) and turn them into really solid OL in a single year.  I'm all for taking this guy.

Save the day might be a bit much, but if I were putting two of Proctor, Angilau, or Hudson inside at guard, I would feel pretty good about having a much improved run game next year. 

Proctor’s fine and i bet he could at least begin the year as one of our starting guards, but I’d prefer we focus on someone who can be at least adequate at OT first (like Tucker or Richmond though I haven’t watched their film so not sure about them yet) and then circle back to Proctor if those guys fall through. I think Okafor at guard is way better than proctor or any other OG GT we could get, so I’d like a GT who can kick Okafor inside.  

Ideally, our OL would be:

LT:Cosmi, LG: Okafor, C:Shack, RG: winner of Kerstetter, Angilau, Imade, Hudson, Ghirmai, RT: GT.

but if we can’t find a serviceable OT, then Proctor would be good, so we could have him play one of the guard spots, Okafor/Kerstetter to RT with the loser competing with all the others for the other guard spot. 

Whether it’s Kerstetter or a GT, I really hope someone can beat Okafor at RT. Okafor could be an All-Confernece guard, but at RT his ceiling is probably average P5 RT. He just doesn’t have the feet or reach to be all that good at Tackle.

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Proctor’s fine and i bet he could at least begin the year as one of our starting guards, but I’d prefer we focus on someone who can be at least adequate at OT first (like Tucker or Richmond though I haven’t watched their film so not sure about them yet) and then circle back to Proctor if those guys fall through. I think Okafor at guard is way better than proctor or any other OG GT we could get, so I’d like a GT who can kick Okafor inside.  

Ideally, our OL would be:

LT:Cosmi, LG: Okafor, C:Shack, RG: winner of Kerstetter, Angilau, Imade, Hudson, Ghirmai, RT: GT. 

but if we can’t find a serviceable OT, then Proctor would be good, so we could have him play one of the guard spots, Okafor/Kerstetter to RT with the loser competing with all the others for the other guard spot. 

Whether it’s Kerstetter or a GT, I really hope someone can beat Okafor at RT. Okafor could be an All-Confernece guard, but at RT his ceiling is probably average P5 RT. He just doesn’t have the feet or reach to be all that good at Tackle.

Kerstetter already beat out Okafor at RT once.  I bet he does it again if it comes down to it.

40 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Save the day might be a bit much, but if I were putting two of Proctor, Angilau, or Hudson inside at guard, I would feel pretty good about having a much improved run game next year. 

Okafor is also going to look much better than folks recall once he’s able to play inside.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Kerstetter already beat out Okafor at RT once.  I bet he does it again if it comes down to it.

Wasn’t Okafor ahead of Kerstetter at OT this past spring, until Cosmi took RT over and Anderson got in? Anyways, I liked Kerstetter at RT his freshmean year and he seemed like he could play there if he bulked up.

I’d like to see A GT at RT with Kerstetter as the backup at all 5 positions. Kerstetter is extremely valuable because he creates great depth for the OL with his versatility, even if he doesn’t start.

Edited by Burt Macklin

IT on Saxton:

Texas brought in a D1 prospect last week from Saint Michael’s Academy in Austin. Sam Saxton (6’5, 170) happens to be the grandson of Longhorn great Jimmy Saxton. 

“Yes, it is a preferred walk on spot and I think I have a legitimate shot at getting a quality number of reps as long as I put the work in,” said Saxton. “I think because I moved around schools three times, it turned a lot of big schools off from offering me. So I look at this as my chance to prove that I belong at this level of football.”

He was committed to Southern Miss two months ago and Michigan State was pushing. But the opportunity to play in Austin was too good to pass up.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

IT on Saxton:

Texas brought in a D1 prospect last week from Saint Michael’s Academy in Austin. Sam Saxton (6’5, 170) happens to be the grandson of Longhorn great Jimmy Saxton. 

“Yes, it is a preferred walk on spot and I think I have a legitimate shot at getting a quality number of reps as long as I put the work in,” said Saxton. “I think because I moved around schools three times, it turned a lot of big schools off from offering me. So I look at this as my chance to prove that I belong at this level of football.” 

He was committed to Southern Miss two months ago and Michigan State was pushing. But the opportunity to play in Austin was too good to pass up.

Plus it only costs $8,000 (basically $2k a year, if you want to look at it like that).

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3