Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 8/14/2024 at 7:57 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm going to be honest, sausage makers need to start putting their link form sausages in packages of 8.

RIP in BO&W.....taken out by Big Sausage

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

A solid second place behind the El Patio chips and in front of the sea salt ones from the bakery

3dabc0cd87d3e631ad240b602fe32152.jpg

Those and the regular casa magnifica chips were my go to before the el patio revolution. It seems like they are on sale half the time for cheap. I still buy them when I need a little  more structural integrity in the chip.

• Like 1

If you grew up back when TexMex joints brought a stack of hot corn tortillas and there was a rack with butter pats at table, here’s an easy hack. Of course you can heat tortillas at home and recreate it. But an el Patio chip, dipped into some soft butter and some salt, recreates that same taste.

• Drool 1

On 8/16/2024 at 3:00 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Believe it or not, these Randalls tortilla chips don't suck at all.  I like them a bit better than Casa Magnifica.  Currently $1.61 for an 11 oz bag.  Mmmm chips.  (Just don't try their salsa, oof.)

image.png.b10c110af6f18ed12c1c5cebdb7ca06a.png

Randall’s thread is down in the ladies room. 

Central Markets now all take tap to pay, should be rolling out to regular HEBs soon  HEB has been slow on this because they didn't want Apple taking a few years to do market research and then buying a grocery chain using the purchase data available from tap to pay.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Central Markets now all take tap to pay, should be rolling out to regular HEBs soon  HEB has been slow on this because they didn't want Apple taking a few years to do market research and then buying a grocery chain using the purchase data available from tap to pay.

About Time Phone GIF by John Crist Comedy

30 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, their chip readers have gone to shit in the last month or so.

They've been shit from the day they were installed....which wasn't very long ago.  I love HEB, but Equinox must have naked pics of someone to keep rolling out that trash (they did the last system as well, which also couldn't read chips for shit).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

They've been shit from the day they were installed....which wasn't very long ago.  I love HEB, but Equinox must have naked pics of someone to keep rolling out that trash (they did the last system as well, which also couldn't read chips for shit).

Naked pics of a Butt?

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Their chip readers are the only ones on earth that struggle with my card.  I have to try it 3 times and then it lets me swipe.  Fuckin' HEB.

RBFCU?  There are like 3 registers that will read my debit card chip at the Allandale HEB.  The self check out worker said that RBFCU always has problems with their readers.

• Hook 'Em 1

The bank doesn't matter - that's just cashiers making up their own biased stories.  Mine's Chase and it doesn't matter what HEB it is, there's about a 30% chance it works the 1st time and about a 30% chance it fails 3x and I've got to swipe it.  

I'm so glad this is happening to all of you too - not because I wish this pain on others, but at least I know I'm not the only one.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/14/2024 at 10:29 AM, idigTexas said:

There are many things that I don't miss about living in Texas since moving to another state, but H.E.B. will never be on that list.  No other grocery chain comes even remotely close.  

i regularly shop at 4-5 different stores in Denver, depending on what i need and where it's best...versus HEB + a monthly CostCo run.

this thread is torture.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Grimas said:

Why the hell does HEB put their brand of K-cup coffee - Texas Pecan - in the same color packaging as Snickernut Cookie?   Argh.  Anyone want 99 unused Snickernut cups?

CAFE Olé by H-E-B Medium Roast Texas Pecan Coffee Single Serve Cups - Texas-Size Pack, 100 ct  CAFE Olé by H-E-B Medium Roast Snickernut Cookie Coffee Single Serve Cups, 12 ct

snickernut any good ?

texas pecan is delicious 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

snickernut any good ?

texas pecan is delicious 

When I had my first sip of it (not knowing), I told wife our maker must be screwed up and I'll buy a new one.  Of course she likes it as well as the Houston blend...  Yuck...

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:04 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Nah, UFCU.

Yeah my UFCU haven't worked well with those chip readers since day one. 

A checker once told me that it's better to slide it in very slowly, and since then I've had a much better time.  That may not be how South Austin's mom likes it, but it works. 

• Drool 1

43 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Yeah my UFCU haven't worked well with those chip readers since day one. 

A checker once told me that it's better to slide it in very slowly, and since then I've had a much better time.  That may not be how South Austin's mom likes it, but it works. 

I watched the cashier once use my card when the chip wouldn't read.  She put the card in and put a bit of backwards pressure on the part of the card sticking out - thus making the chip push closer to the side while inserted.  That's what I do now and it works most of the time.

17 hours ago, Grimas said:

Why the hell does HEB put their brand of K-cup coffee - Texas Pecan - in the same color packaging as Snickernut Cookie?   Argh.  Anyone want 99 unused Snickernut cups?

CAFE Olé by H-E-B Medium Roast Texas Pecan Coffee Single Serve Cups - Texas-Size Pack, 100 ct  CAFE Olé by H-E-B Medium Roast Snickernut Cookie Coffee Single Serve Cups, 12 ct

Drink that nut Grimas

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Who in their right mind would want to taste the Rio Grande?

There is a Taste of Houston - I can't fathom what that would taste like. 

I drink the decaf Taste of San Antonio in the evening with a splash of half and half.  It's delightful.