Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

13 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

There is a Taste of Houston - I can't fathom what that would taste like. 

I drink the decaf Taste of San Antonio in the evening with a splash of half and half.  It's delightful.

brews in 27 seconds ….

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I watched the cashier once use my card when the chip wouldn't read.  She put the card in and put a bit of backwards pressure on the part of the card sticking out - thus making the chip push closer to the side while inserted.  That's what I do now and it works most of the time.

This morning I just pulled the top of the card toward me, and it worked first time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

This morning I just pulled the top of the card toward me, and it worked first time. 

I did the opposite yesterday and it worked first time as well.  Maybe the card reader senses the chip from both sides.  At any rate, good tip.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This shit right here

004820522-2?jpegSize=150&hei=1400&fit=co

+

I didn't notice that the "biscuit" part of the casserole was actually masa 

WTF? Tell me you didn’t grow up in Texas without telling me you didn’t grow up in Texas. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah….they were just mediocre. You’re better off buying some brisket slices at Rudy’s and keeping them in the fridge to reheat.

You're better off buying a brisket at the Far West HEB and taking it next door to Bert's where they'll smoke it for $1/lb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i’m somewhat ashamed what i’m about to say here …. i need salsa recs. i’m a life long pace picante man and need to branch out. when i eat out, i love a good salsa verde and always spicy 

Roast 4 roma tomatoes, a jalapeno pepper and a couple of cloves of garlic at 400 F until slightly charred.  Blend with ~ 0.5 tsp salt.  Eat.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i’m somewhat ashamed what i’m about to say here …. i need salsa recs. i’m a life long pace picante man and need to branch out. when i eat out, i love a good salsa verde and always spicy 

PACE picante? Get a rope!

Jimmy Dean Cowboy GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

do not buy this

image.png

they were out of kingsford yesterday so I bought this. 4 rounds of newspaper and lighter fluid and it still wasn't going for shit.

It takes a big man to actually confess on this forum that he uses lighter fluid.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I realize that this isn't a "Shit HEB doesnt sell" thread, but whatever. Has anyone else noticed that these diced Chipotles have become really, really hard to find? Like Sriracha hard to find?

image.png.ba3633503a06c45cca6dbd70e7739943.png

None of my HEBs have had them for months, and the last time I found some it was in a grocery store in Wimberley, and they were the last two jars. Plenty of other full pepper/canned variety. Just not these pre-chopped motherfuckers. Which are my go to mix with shredded chicken. 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize that this isn't a "Shit HEB doesnt sell" thread, but whatever. Has anyone else noticed that these diced Chipotles have become really, really hard to find? Like Sriracha hard to find?

None of my HEBs have had them for months, and the last time I found some it was in a grocery store in Wimberley, and they were the last two jars. Plenty of other full pepper/canned variety. Just not these pre-chopped motherfuckers. Which are my go to mix with shredded chicken. 

how do you used that ?

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

how do you used that ?

How do I use it? I instant pot like 6-8 chicken breasts, then when they're done, I shred them with 2 forks. Clean out the instant pot, set it to saute, put in some oil, dump the chicken back in with whatever spices I like, add a jar of that, and mix and saute still it blends together. Then I use that chicken for a week or so to make tacos, quesadillas, dump on salads, whatever. 

Other posters will mix it in with mayo to make chipotle mayo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize that this isn't a "Shit HEB doesnt sell" thread, but whatever. Has anyone else noticed that these diced Chipotles have become really, really hard to find?

I don't remember where you live, but HEB on Far West (78731) shows these in stock.

image.png.98cebb773b465b1650854177d4b42ddd.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Do you have a Fiesta nearby? If that jar isn’t in stock, have you tried these and just running them through the blender?

61e0f1f7ca4b8e972a61adce1e51eeb9.jpg