Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

40 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Is Rao's fancy or something?  I just tried some recently from HEB and it was pretty good, it was just the last brand that I bought so it was first on my mind.  I should have said Kirkland or Stouffers.

I mean I thought it was a funny comment because like... no fucking shit Rao's makes better lasagna than HEB. They make great stuff. 

On the topic - these are very good. Especially if you start with a little garlic and OO in a pan and season them up a bit. 

Screenshot_20240913_160345_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e125c57de4d591b016caeef3c7ee0604.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

HEB lasagna is just ok.  I would much rather get Rao's or something..

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Look at Richie Rich over here. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not fancy, it's just damn good and relatively expensive.

If you look at any blind taste test of (say) marinara sauces done by legit sources (Bon Appetit, Cook's Country, etc.) Rao's wins going away almost all the time.

Seriously.  Y'all roll with Rao's pasta sauce?  You're too good to roll with....

DM%20Pasta%20Sauce_1050x500.png

Fucking snobs.  All of ya.  SNOBS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

These aren't available at all HEBs, but they are available at the Nutty Brown HEB between Dripping Springs and Austin.

My 10 and 13 year old boys now request these every Saturday for football watching food.

I used to make these by hand, and then they appeared at HEB and saved me a shit ton of time.

Edit to add that a quick look on heb.com shows they are available at a lot of Austin stores, but not at the Circle C HEB, which is the other one we frequently shop at.

H-E-B Simply Wrapped Cajun-Style Seasoned Boudin Jalapeño Poppers

Edited by Wiler77
clarifying availability
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

On 9/11/2024 at 7:56 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Bought this today or the first time, didn't know they had Serrrano. 

spacer.png

We shall see how it compares to their regular Hot. 

The HEB serrano is much better.  All the goodies without the distinct taste of shitty preservatives.  And $1 or so cheaper.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shit boys, I’m just talking about my middle aged fucking bloat. That’s why god invented spirits.

Drink Guinness. Same calories and carbs as a Miller Lite, plus the nitrogen doesn't bloat you like CO2.

That list is bullshit. Gelsons in California only has 28 stores. Heb has that twice as many gas stations as that.

There’s another chain on the list in the New England area with 7 fucking locations. Seven. Fucking boutique ass grocery stores don’t count. Feed the majority of the second biggest state and then step in and provide life saving critical supplies and water when its state elected officials can’t in an emergency and then get back to me Stew, fuckface Leonard’s. /noCR

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/17/2024 at 8:18 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I'm starting to feel like HEB is about to take over the grocery world and we will all go broke once they own it all.

not sure if there's much incentive to grow outside of Texas and Mexico. they're privately held